GreaseSpot Cafe

Boston Red Sox - New York Yankees

excathedra

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UncleHairy, oh please, don't mention the Babe, it is bad luck. It is like mentioning Jose Canseco or Roger Clemens.

Oh Lord, please answer the prayer of a dying five year old boy and let the Red Sox win.

Okay, I am not dying and I am not five. But forgive me, I know not what I do. In TWI lingo, please cast the devil spirits out of Fenway park and deliver them from evil.

Damn Yankees.

...there shall be much labour and travail during the playoffs, and much sorrow, and much weeping and gnashing of teeth. However the anguish shall diminish for the joy that a man is born into the world.....

I mstar 16:21

Saul Oscar (Manny) Maldonado slid safely home at 8:14PM today, weighing in at 8 lbs 5.1 ounces and 21 inches, with Johnny Damon hair and the long fingers of Pedro Martinez the newest member of Red Sox Nation was smart enough to arrive on an off day and will be home cheering for his team on Friday night

And unto you this day in the city of Baltimore, is born a savior, a Babe in a manger, and he shall deliver you from your losing streak, oh Boston, those who weep for a deliverer.

I Eagle 2:12

And the city of Boston rejected the deliverer, and crucified him, anf three days later, arose as a Yankee. And the Lord said, my people have rejected my savior, let them be cursed, and win no more World Series until the day I see they have turned from their sins and stop trading really good players.

And it was so.

I Eagle 24:44

(Lord, you know I am joking, right?)

These are the times that try Sox fans' souls. The bandwagon and the fair-weather fan will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their Nation; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like the Yankees, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as a World Series ring should not be highly rated. NY, with an army to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right not only to out-spend but “to blind us in all cases whatsoever,” and if being bound in that manner is not thuggery, then is there not such a thing as thuggery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God.

Whether the death of the Yankees was declared too soon, I will not now enter into as an argument; my own simple opinion is, that had it been eight months earlier, it would not have been much better. We did make a proper use of last winter, with Arod and Schilling, while we were in a dependent state. However, the fault, if it were one, was all our own; we have none to blame but ourselves. But no great deal is lost yet. All that NY has been doing for this week is rather a ravage than a conquest, which the spirit of the Sox, a year ago, would have quickly repulsed, and which time and a little resolution will soon recover.

I have as little superstition in me as any man living, but my secret opinion has ever been, and still is, that God Almighty will not give up a people to playoff destruction, or leave them unsupportedly to perish, who have so earnestly and so repeatedly sought to avoid the calamities of ALCS war, by every decent method which wisdom could invent. Neither have I so much of the infidel in me, as to suppose that He has given us up to the care of devils; and as I do not, I cannot see on what grounds the king of NY can look up to heaven for help against us: a common murderer, a highwayman, or a house-breaker, has as good a pretense as he.

adapted from The Crisis, 1776

Just saw Sheffield's three run hr icon_frown.gif:(-->...It's becoming quite the donnybrook....

I missed the balk,but I probably wouldn't have been able to call it,anyway....Balking is one of the most confusing rules in baseball..I've been more confused by umps calling balks,or not calling them,then just about anything else on the field...

Dang....11-6,now....

The balk is amoot point by now, its about 7zillion to 8, it baffles me, it totally baffles me---This team that came togethr so well in the last months of the season and played formidably in the Anaheim seriescomes to the biggest series and biggest games of the season, hell the biggest games of their lives and they lay down.

I can see the tombstone

R.I.P

BOSTON RED SOX

DIED PREMATURELY 2004

LOST CONSCIOUSNESS IN THE WEEK BEFORE THEIR DEATH

THEY LEAVE BEHIND A RAFT OF COMPLETE .... IDIOTS WHO THOUGHT THIS YEAR WOULD BE DIFFERENT

For the second year in a row I really thought that these were the guys---- this really sucks