GreaseSpot Cafe

Being "in"......ain't what it used to be

skyrider

As the topic of "people left in twi" exposes the feeble numbers who affiliate with that cornfield outfit.......being "in" sure ain't what it used to be.

Now granted, there are many different perceptions of the 60s, 70, and 80s twi involvement........BUT nowadays, its pathetically mind-numbing and legalistic. Also, twi is so not-with-it.....sorta like driving a chevy citation in the year 2005.

Of course, the hq staff have a vested interest in promoting it. BUT.......on the field, in many many states its DEAD!

And, it is my opinion that it is OBVIOUS to most of the "innies" that twi is sinking. Maybe, its obvious by now that rosie and donna are NOT the spiritual leaders that the "new and improved" shpeels have touted.

LIFE IN ALL ITS FULNESS......is outside the walls of twi.

skyrider

Just found Out --- Hey there. Welcome to Greasespot. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Now granted, there are many different perceptions of the 60s, 70, and 80s twi involvement........BUT nowadays, its pathetically mind-numbing and legalistic.

Skyrider -- That's the truth. We had *freedoms* back in the 70's that have totally disappeared, to be replaced by a dictatorship. Why anyone would willingly subject themselves to iron-fisted regimentation from those who are only interested in attendance numbers and money, is beyond me. Twi doesn't even have a carrot to dangle in front of the horse anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:

Twi doesn't even have a carrot to dangle in front of the horse anymore.

No, but they still have the "stick": since they're the "true household of God," leaving is tantamount to leaving God and His protection. If you buy the premise, you buy the conclusion. icon_frown.gif:(-->

George

Welcome, Just Found Out!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

You grew up in TWI, eh? That had to be really rough. Glad to have you here and I look forward to reading more of you. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Sky, I think some "innies" are in denial. I know my ex is. He still thinks it's God's greatest gift to man and that because he's part of it his **** don't stink. He used to say that even Paul was left standing without a household despite all the people he got born again. banghead.gif Just pass the kool-aid.

I think some "innies" are too lazy to leave. I don't mean it bad, I just don't know how else to say it......it's easier to just "go with the flow" and continue jumping through the hoops than it is to quit. You'd have to make new friends; find a new church; find something to do 3 days a week; find a new purpose.....

Others see it shrinking and are all too aware that things got really bad in the craig years and have been hoping against hope that things would get better. While things don't seem as bad as it was, things don't seem to be much better either. Just vanilla void religion. Those people may be waiting on an excuse to leave and wish they had used craig's exposure to leave.

Then there's the ones who see it and want out but don't want TWI to break up their family. There are still people fighting this battle and TWI is still breaking up families. My ordeal wasn't even a year ago.

And, of course, there are the freeloading five star generals like the Moneyhands who are enjoying a kind of life they never would have been able to afford if they hadn't been bilking God's lambs.

quote:
Others see it shrinking and are all too aware that things got really bad in the craig years and have been hoping against hope that things would get better. While things don't seem as bad as it was, things don't seem to be much better either. Just vanilla void religion. Those people may be waiting on an excuse to leave and wish they had used craig's exposure to leave.

Belle,

Yeah, and the "bad" just lingers and lingers. Legalism does that!

Sometimes, people wait around until the corps leadership is reassigned and then, they split. After years of being belittled and badgered, most would rather avoid another confrontation.

Another thing....being "out and about" is becoming MORE attractive as the testimonies of exitees who've moved forward in life, jobs, homes, etc. filters back to innie friends. Plus, the false prophecies of twi leadership have fallen flat. No greasespots, no sudden deaths, no fatal car accidents, no plagues,.......hmmmmmmmm, maybe twi's board of directors is full of xxxx.

ONE MAN WITH DAWN IN HIS EYES............MULTIPLIES.

Now that I'm out........I'm a skyrider. icon_smile.gif:)-->

In some of the less TWI populated areas I wonder if people are just "fading away". They quit attending every fellowship....They conveniently miss all the outreach activities...They start attending just the "big" meetings.....they quit giving $$ to TWI.....then they just kind of disappear....and the the local corps leadership doesn't really care because that's a few less people to micromanage and they already do enough work for TWI for free.....higher up leadership doesn't care because they get paid regardless....

...When twi first got rolling, it was because of wierwille's personality...even martinpuke had a certain "stage presense"...but Rozilla? How in the world can ANYBODY sit there and listen to this rugmuncher spitting out wayspeak? She couldn't inspire a field mouse to eat cheese. A cult without a cult leader? What could possibly draw new people into twi? They are a ship without a rudder that has grounded itself on the beaches of mediocrity.

quote:
She couldn't inspire a field mouse to eat cheese. A cult without a cult leader? What could possibly draw new people into twi? They are a ship without a rudder that has grounded itself on the beaches of mediocrity.

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> You sure have a way with words Groucho!

quote:
How in the world can ANYBODY sit there and listen to this rugmuncher spitting out wayspeak?

Well, it seems pretty obvious to me. First, she has to spit out rug, and a lot of it at that, heh heh.

I think mediocrity is a step up from notoriety. If TWI is no longer abusive, no longer controlling, no longer manipulative, etc... then more power to them! I'm not saying that's the case, but if it is, great.

quote:
I'd say that in some cases, people don't leave for the simple fact that they don't know what else to do. TWI occupies so much of your time and energy that you forget what life is like outside of it. You can't even think outside of their twisted framework of logic.

This reminds me. About two years before we left TWI, I let my husband know what I thought, how we needed to get out.

His reply was,"Where else would we go?"

And I was stumped. In Wayview, there is NO Other safe place--churches are evil, ex believers are evil, ex way groups are evil, the worlds is evil. Big devil spirits are everywhere outside the hedge of protection of TWI, waiting to get you, waiting to harm your children.

I'm sure that view keeps many people in.

quote:
Originally posted by Bramble:

This reminds me. About two years before we left TWI, I let my husband know what I thought, how we needed to get out.

And I was stumped. In Wayview, there is NO Other safe place--churches are evil, ex believers are evil, ex way groups are evil, the worlds is evil. Big devil spirits are everywhere outside the hedge of protection of TWI, waiting to get you, waiting to harm your children.

I'm sure that view keeps many people in.

Wow, I imagine this conversation has gone on between my parents many times, but they've continued to stay in TWI. It's sad, but I bet many people still in or who have stayed in a long time have thought this way.

quote:

I don't know why anyone has to "go" anywhere.

Of course, people get so used to going - going to fellow...., going to limb meetings, going to branch meetings, going going going.

Wake up, people! God doesn't really care if you "go" ANYWHERE!

Quite agreeable. Myself, I got involved with an "ungodly" civic organization. I found they had over a hundred fold to offer compared with what the "chosen ones" did. More care, concern, love- if only brotherly love- than an organization that prided itself of being masters of "true love".

Sad..

I don't think I was troubled by the question "where shall I go, what shall I do???"

Came to the conclusion about what I did not want to do, anymore.

My cousin did the "unthinkable", heh heh. Took anything of value she learned, and took it to churches- God forbid. Interesting- they LOVE her.

There are always options, regardless of what we were told by a group of numbskulls in rural Ohio.

I think God has no problem showing you where to go, if you aren't there already. My path seems a little different, and it is slow going at that.

After all the rushing around for years, slow starts looking pretty good to me..

quote:
posted May 06, 2005 12:52

I suppose a better question would be, "How else will we serve God?" The Bible does admonish us not to forsake meeting together, so "Where will we go?" is a reasonable consequent.

George

Exactly. All the teaching we ever heard on Christianity pointed to a group. The idea of being some type of lone ranger Christian with out fellowship with believers(one of the five basics, remember?)didn't even enter our minds at that time. Seems weird now, but that is where our thoughts were at.

And even now, every Christian I know is part of some group or church.

Regarding the "where will we go" question. That's the same argument I got from my ex. Of course, suggesting CES or CFF or any other "offshoot" was out of the question...nevermind the fact that they are closer to what he was wanting to have in TWI. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->