GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way's dirty inner secret in the early '80s! Did Martindale actually destroy it?

signals

So little time and so much to catch up on. Martindale was given the legacy of TWI, huh? But did he bring it down, or was trouble bubbling on the horizon?

Just before I severed my ties with The Withering Idiot, there was talk of a successor for Dr. Werewolf. Being in the northeast, many thought Lynn was a shoein. Well apparently he wasn't because he wasn't his cheerful self at the meetings he taught at. I saw Lynn go from a funny smiling person to a literal bastard. Must not have got it was the word circulating among the few.

At this point I left because I had seen TWI for what it really was. An entity that would drain your physical, emotional and spiritual well-being, and not to mention your pockets!

Craig must have really ruled with an iron fist, huh? It's funny how suddenly ex-members and brass are bringing accusations of the going ons at TWI. They never came forward when Weirwille was partaking of their glorious bounty. Werewolf was the one out of control that should have been exposed for the devil he was. His death was fitting for his judgement. About that, He and only He has to answer to the Almighty, and being maggot food brings him closer to the reality he tried to hide.

Whoever came after him, basically inherited free money and their(meaning YOU) accounts. Any brass associated with TWI who claims to have left because TWI is no longer teaching the accuracy of the word are LYING! TWI is the same as it always was, but absolute power corrupts absolutely, and many seek their share through vendettas! If Lynn and others knew what was going on but kept silent to protect Werewolf, they are as guilty as Craig and any other smoke-screen moron that thinks they speak the truth.

TWI is and always has been a PRopaganda lying machine that deceives by any means for monetary gain. I saw this happen around the Jonestown massacre when their goals became to A. disprove that TWI was a cult and B.(or Lynn's catch phrase)If Weirwille tells you to drink Kool Aid you just tell him "Chapter and Verse!" This didn't stand as I did what the natural man(according to the false prophet) calls soul searching and asked an honest question like "If Werewolf said you have to drink 'THIS' for salvation would you do it?" In all honesty as brainwashed as I was I determined I would...that is when it became apparent the TWI was a cult. Was Dangerous. Was distorting the Truth to fulfill it's own needs. After that it actually took me a little over 2 years to completely sever ties. Even as I changed addresses, TWI would still send their newsletter, regardless of me marking Return To Sender and dropping it back in a mail box. When I finally wrote on the outside of the envelope: Warning-Continued harassment will result in a lawsuit! I never heard from them again!

It's all about the money, because that's TWI's TRUE GOD!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Being in the northeast, many thought Lynn was a shoein.

For some reason -- I always thought Walter would get the job. But then again, I never knew all the *ins and outs* that were happening a thousand miles away from me either.

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:

quote:
Being in the northeast, many thought Lynn was a shoein.

For some reason -- I always thought Walter would get the job. But then again, I never knew all the *ins and outs* that were happening a thousand miles away from me either.

Great point! You can also see the true meaning of the various branches, limbs and regions, etc. It was a form of Divide and Conquer!

Yea -- I guess I can. For one, I don't know if Walter had any skeletons in his closet, but given the way twi was going, he was a better man than they deserved.

Again -- just my imho, since I am not/was not privy to all that happened back then.

When asked why he chose lcm,

vpw said that it was a matter of loyalty-lcm would just do whatever vpw told

him to do. Walter, apparently, thought for himself. Plus, Walter was not

considered a dynamic speaker. (Too much substance, not enough style.)

So, vpw chose lcm because lcm was the most rabid bootlicker to vpw,

and had style that suited vpw. Since lcm's SUBSTANCE was nonexistent,

this was the beginning of the end. Even vpw didnt see just how low the

organization would stoop afterwards-

the former Mrs W is now living in a "home" because she's outlived her

usefulness to twi and thus is too expensive to support (despite her

lending them legitimacy all those years.)

quote:
Originally posted by signals:

Martindale was given the legacy of TWI, huh? But did he bring it down, or was trouble bubbling on the horizon?

Both. trouble was brewing for a number of reasons. 1. Nobody could fill the shoes of vpw from a personality perspective and he had built the whole thing on that.

2. The world was changing. It wasn't cool anymore to live in squallor while moving around the country pursuing spiritiual goals. Instead we got the 80's and they never adapted

3. As a lot of the youth grew up they saw through the same old same old. "research" was not fooling anyone.

And craig did screw it up. He was stupid, emotionally unstable and didn't have the ability to cover his problems up with an appealing veneer the way vpw did.

quote:
And craig did screw it up. He was stupid, emotionally unstable and didn't have the ability to cover his problems up with an appealing veneer the way vpw did.

And the people in a position to and with the responsibility to stop him did nothing. Many, like the Moneyhands, did nothing because they could not make it in "the real world" and they sure as he11 wouldn't be able to live the nice lavish lifestyle they had become accustomed to.

quote:
And the people in a position to and with the responsibility to stop him did nothing

To be fair, some who tried were canned faster than you could promounce the word "spaghetti", and reputations trashed likewise. Those who held on despite knowing, like "Mr" Moneyhands, have no excuse.

You're absolutely right, Mr. H, and I in no way meant to imply that everyone in a position to stop it ignored the behaviors and abuse. I apologize if it sounded that way.

It's common knowledge that Dott*e Moneyhands counselled women, talked to Donna on the phone frequently and was very aware of the abuses going on - enough to be involved in at least one court case, yet she lied to the entire branch about not knowing anything of it. So did her husband. These are the kinds of people I was referring to.

Yep, I figured so Belle. Just nice to give the few good folks a little breathing room- but I can't think of anyone in that category in the bunch that that description would fit- at least in high leadership positions- since the early eighties.

Considering "Mrs" Moneyhands was an actual COUNSELLOR really multiplies her guilt, at least in my eyes.

Squandered her life and professional ethics and reputation to cover Loy's back sides. Wonder how she feels about it now? Probably nothing- just doing her job..

Oh, good, nerdcurve's back.

NC, signals is new here. He/she hasn't yet had the time needed to experience much catharsis.

Besides, who appointed you the boss?

Last time *I* checked, posters here weren't required to obey *you*. Has that changed?

blah blah blah, nervie! This was just a comment/observation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this forum so we can vent our bitterness? Perhaps it is you who needs to get over what is being said(after all show me specifically in the Bible where it says that YOU are the authority). You seem to concentrate on me, which leads someone who lacks your intelligence, to assume that somewhere I hit a nerve!!!

quote:
Originally posted by nervecurve:

Signals,

Your name calling says it all.

hey, nervie(I hope you didn't refer to this because I've been called siggie and find no offense!) Can you please join us in the REAL World and tell me exactly where I called you or anyone a name!

Stay tuned folks because if he answers, I'll kick him when he's down...AGAIN!

Nervecurve says..."The bible is the boss..."

Greasespot cafe is NOT a Christian forum. Do not assume that everyone here shares your beliefs.

...Back to the subject of the thread:

The seeds of destruction were planted when Ermal and Vic stuck their shovels in the ground at the old Wierwille farm. Veepee's false doctrines and evil lifestyle set the precedent for everything else that followed. Martinfart was too stupid and too arrogant to continue the scam...everybody saw through him like a cheap suit...and just like a cheap suit, the whole thing unraveled.

wordwolf is correct as to why Vic chose king okie as his replacement...nobody kissed Vics butt the way that loy did.

quote:
Originally posted by nervecurve:

Signals,

Look above a few post you said you had dealt with this ******** before.If that was not towards me then I apologize.

Wrong, worddistorter! I said buttface, not THIS buttface. I see you everyday. Some lost soul on a mission from the lord of their world. Somehow they have to come into the bowls of hell and try to 'change' or save everybody from themselves. I knew you would bite! Read what I write and don't add/delete/twist/change my words like you do The Word Of God. And since you admit it, you must really be a buttface...but I didn't call you that!

...and the knowledge that they FEAR is a WEAPONto be used against them!

The same goes for the country of New Zealand.The guy running it and his pee-ons have so much dirt on each other you could grow a bushel of wheat in it.I believe that's what keeps them in.

Interestingly enough, the Australian co-ord and the England co-ord. if it is still Rhy* Mil**r both answer to him (they were his understudy pee-ons).

quote:
So little time and so much to catch up on. Martindale was given the legacy of TWI, huh? But did he bring it down, or was trouble bubbling on the horizon?

Lets assume that it's 1984 and VPW comes to his senses and sends Loy back to Kansas to be limb leader. Further assume that God grants VPW another 15 years of health. What would happen? I think that all this might buy another 10 years of modest to no growth. Meanwhile the Corps machine keeps stamping out brownshirts and sending them out to take over successful twigs, thus destroying the 'family' that drew many of us into TWI in the first place. On the other hand, if Loy were removed from corps leadership and VPW had done what he knew he ought to, the corps program would have been scaled back both in intensity and volume.

VPW, pretty much an early adapter of technology, would have used the internet as a tool instead of cursing it as LCM did. I think this also would prolong the life of TWI. Loy's cursing of the internet just infuriated those of us who used it daily and inspired the critical websites that sprang up.

VPW would have never canceled ROA. He realised a good tool when he had one and he also recognized the need to keep the rank-and-file generally happy. Remember the year of healing after the year of door-to-door?

So what would we have? I think we would have 25-30 thousand faithful going to twig and ROA, not much growth, but not much attrition either. It's interesting to speculate, but that's all it is.