GreaseSpot Cafe

I Got the Promotion!

Raf

quote:
Originally posted by Cindy!:

...congratulations, ACERaf!!!

That beats the alternative: RafACE, which is way too close to Ratface, which is not very Jon Lovitz-like at all!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Raf but..

Does this also mean substantially more money?? Or just more stress, longer hours and a little more prestige? Will you be writing any articles?? Getting a by-line? Naw.. no by-line I presuppose.

But hey.. if you're happy I'm happy 'ole chum. That's what counts.

sudo (It was a dark and stormy night..)

The raise is substantial but not overwhelming (upper single digit percentage). No byline, which means I'll have to find some other outlet for that skill (and I will: oh, yes, I will). And yes, it makes me very happy. It's odd: I remember this one time I edited a story that got on the front page, and I was proud of it, even though I had not written the story. That's when I knew.

Cindy! ... I still be Raf.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve!:

Is this that job that you subbed for last year?

Yes and no. That particular job was filled. This was the next opening. But as it turns out, the duties will overlap (the job descriptions were shuffled).

Nice going, Raf!

Now you've crossed over to the other side, where YOU have to tell THEM that you have to cut two inches off to make it fit. (And doesn't THAT sound painful!) You get to be despised and rejected of men, er, reporters.

Just remember: if it bleeds, it leads....

Congrats,

Shaz

Hi Raf,

I'm new here and don't know you, but wanted to say congrats from a fellow newspaper type (though I just quit my job to go freelance). Good for you for your promotion and it's cool to see a fellow journalist type here icon_smile.gif:)-->

BluzieQ

P.S. - You must have been 'believing big' and just didn't know it - HA!