GreaseSpot Cafe

Snow on the gas pumps

GrouchoMarxJr

quote:
Originally posted by Georgio Jessio:

Clearly Vic was not crazy, just deranged.

PS I was the one who accidently broke his glasses on display at the old Lima museaum.

Glad I got that off my chest. It happened in 79 and I still feel bad.

What are you feeling guilty about?

He only needed one lense...

wink2.gif;)-->

Georgio,

I am sorry you had to feel bad about something so trivial. I hate the fact that everything about him was put on a pedastal. So dumb. What actually got hurt when the glasses were broke? How much would those glasses have actually brought on an acution on ebay....LOL! They would only be valuable to someone who worships him. Life is too big for crap like that.

Besides, I thought they put his last pair of glasses on the bronze statue of him in the auditorium?

Other than the fact that I can't spell "museum" I feel mich better now.

We were on a tour. I was like 8 years old. They told us not to touch anything. As the tour left the room, I picked up the glasses and they snapped. I almost passed ou from fear and dred. Then a comment was made, quite some time later, about how someone had broken them. More worry. I kept waiting for someone to get revelation that would reveal my secret. For some strange reason that never happened. No one ever knew until today!

I carried that dark secret, which seems sily now. But at the time I felt like I defiled the pope.

One lense HAHA.

quote:
For some strange reason that never happened. No one ever knew until today!

Hmmmmm. Now I wonder what that reason could be? ... I just wonder. wink2.gif;)-->

Like maybe they weren't all that spiritually tuned in to begin with, ya think?

It's a good thing you didn't break the holy Drambuie glass too. He probably spent more time looking through the bottom of that than through his glasses.

If you were accused of breaking his glasses, you could have said, "I was framed." Get it? Framed.

Sorry, it's the Drambuie talking.

Georgio,

I feel so bad that you felt so bad all of these years about NOTHING!

A big person does not try to make other people feel little, so not to worry here at gs.

Some of us understand what you went through and are glad we don't put ourselves and others through performance love and acceptance anymore.

wb

Which reminds me of another glasses story involving TWI.

I think I told this here or at waydale before. Short version.

My eyes were starting to go so I was prescribed glasses. This was in Rome City, I was probably around 11 years old.

So, like a kid might do, I immediately lost my glasses. They were just gone. We looked for a week. Long story short, Bob Moneyhands and Gr*g Be*na*di*i decided that my glasses were DEMATERIALIZED (remember that advanced class grads?) by the devil so I wouldn't be able to read the bible.

Of course they turned up a few days after that. Not because I in fact lost them. No it was because they were REMATERIALIZED by God due to my prayers.

Think about how that would effect a kid. I thought I was living in a sci-fi movie for 1/2 my life. Devil spirits everywhere posessing my non-way friends and family, making my glasses vanish and such. It was truly a fantasy world. More like a nightmare.

Not only did they tell me that, I think they were thrilled in a sick way. Because they teach that the adversary can possess people and make people levitate and all kinds of supernatural things (Mohammed Ali's "Phantom" knock out, the long jump record = both were acts of the devil)

So now they had "proof". I was being groomed to be a future leader, so they just loved the fact that the devil hated me so much (read: was intimidated by me) that he would try to stop me from being able to read. He couldn't attack me personally because I was on God's team so he dematerialized my glasses. Makes perfect sense.

It's so sick, they way they think.

Georgio...ain't that a fact. There were a lot of very bright people who were taken in by Vic. Did he believe it himself?...That's a good question. I think he was convinced that every thought that entered his mind was either revelation or at the very least, extremely important...I think he believed that God extended special priviledges to him...allowing him to do pretty much what he damn well pleased.

...I also think that he felt he had a right to make stuff up, or as some call it...lying...in order to convince people of his "holy mission"...whether it was snow on the gas pumps, being snowed in at Tulsa, plagiarizing other people's work, or talking young girls into the back of his motorcoach...he believed that the end justifies the means...he was constantly telling us how he only drew a hundred dollars a week salary...of course, he left out the obvious...that whatever he wanted, twi supplied it to him. He WAS twi! He was in his glory at the roa, when thousands would oooh and ahhh his every word, clamoring to touch the hem of his garment. He ate it up like a redneck with a plate of babyback ribs. His own denomination booted him and now he was finally getting his due...I'm almost surprised that the Lord Jesus himself, didn't walk down from heaven and kick his foot...but that's only because I was involved for 13 years and it effected me personally. In reality, twi was nothing more than a mild blip on the cult radar screen...99.9% of the world didn't even know he existed.

Georgio - what a heavy burden you've carried all these years - glad you could confess it here. Amazing the trivial things, that in TWI are lifetime issues.

Actually, you did the right thing. If I had done something like that, I wouldn't have said anything either! They could always glue them back together.

quote:
So, no, you couldn't tell when he wasn't , uh, being completely truthful.

I put it that way because some people with mental problems actually believe their own lies. They're delusional and think things happen that really don't. I'm not a psychologist so I don't know if that's lying or what.

Anyone else know VP well enough to comment?

JT