GreaseSpot Cafe

Prayers for the Gulf Coast (Katrina)

Raf

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you've rubbed off on him, Tom. wink2.gif;)-->

I'm sorry, Raf! You can come to Orlando - if she decides to come our way we've gotten pretty experienced with our Post-Hurricane Parties. Our whole neighborhood stocked up on supplies together this year.

This one popped up rather suddenly. It was TD10, then disintegrated to the extent that it didn't count anymore, then just decided what the heck and reformed into TD12, and very quickly became a tropical storm. It looks like it will be a hurricane by the time it hits, but a category 1 hurricane, the weakest there is. But a weak hurricane is still a hurricane.

We're expecting it to be more of a rain event than a wind event. I expect Thursday to be a sleepless night, and as always, I'll keep you guys posted (partly because doing so keeps me sane).

quote:
I expect Thursday to be a sleepless night, and as always, I'll keep you guys posted (partly because doing so keeps me sane).

Raf,

hmmmmmm, keeping you sane.... thats implying that you are... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

(just kidding) icon_biggrin.gif:D--> wave.gif:wave:-->

As you can see, we're starting to see a bit of rain from it. I'm about 10-15 miles inland, so we haven't gotten it yet, but it's a matter of minutes, not hours, for us. The rains are already on the shoreline (I live much closer to the shoreline than I work).

It begins...

WHAM!

Wow, this is sudden. We just lost power in our office (computers are on a back-up, but the A/C is gone, as are the lights). Winds and rain picked up very suddenly about 10 minutes ago. No one is brave enough to head out to their cars at the moment.

We're in a city called Weston, about 15 miles west of Fort Lauderdale, which is taking the brunt of it at the moment. I believe (based on satellite imagery) that the eye just came on shore.

The battery backup won't stay on long, so this is my adieu.

Adieu.