GreaseSpot Cafe

Using GSC as a recruitment platform.

WordWolf

Seems, once again, we have someone who's arrived at the GSC with the express

purpose of recruiting members for his organization.

In this case, he's refrained from actually TELLING us that's what he's doing,

which is LESS honest than the previous guys who just walked in and posted an ad.

Apparently, that's why it's so important that we all wear special nametags saying

"I'm a Christian" or "I'm not a Christian"-

so he knows who to approach, and who to make fun of.

How do you, as posters, feel about people secretly trying to use the GSC as a recruiting center?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Secretly" using GS..

I dunno. I kind of think their motives are rather transparent as ice..

"come on folks, who do you REALLY stand with, the new agers, the homos, the etc. etc. etc.."

Haven't seen anybody jump on that wagon, that wasn't there to begin with..

Yeah..uh.. hi..hello..would you like to come to 'fellowship'?

If you fly out on a Friday morning you might just make it by Sunday evening !

Plllease..is that sunshine I see through your earhole ?

Sorry, I retract that remark,that borders on 'attacking' a poster, something very foreign to you ay ?!

I don't really care--all of us here have been down that road before and most of us have developed some sort of skills of smelling out and dealing with those who are trying to sell us some shallow bill of goods.

To me it is sort of like comic relief (...there is someone who actually still thinks that????) to watch the self appointed prophets that are full of air.

I admit that I haven't found myself in the line of fire especially in some of the more emotionally charged threads -- so it doesn't bother me as much as some of you, who seem to have allowed said poster to get under your skin a bit.

Use the /ignore button, if it becomes profitless or exasperating

While I don't appreciate being "sold-to" or "preached-at" I do want this forum to stay as open as possible, so let 'em post. (unless they get so offensive or derail so many threads as to be genuinely disruptive)

I'm an adult. I don't have to read everything on this site. I simply choose to ignore the postings of those I've learned have an agenda I don't fit into. No biggie.

I mostly feel sorry for them. Because (much like an old smoker who has finally quit) I believe my way to be much better.

quote:
I admit that I haven't found myself in the line of fire especially in some of the more emotionally charged threads

Yep.. and I thought I'd stay a mild mannered church mouse for the rest of my days, never get involved in any kind of brawl..

Funny you bring this up. A couple of years ago, I thought "those" people were kinda nutso- people change I guess, the thing I greatly feared has come upon me.. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

But I think the relevant thing in all of this, at least as regards to this thread, is: who seems to be at the center of the controversy, and some of the worst brawls? Those who seem to think they have the most to sell, most to lose..

Why they think grads of the "old school" are buying, is beyond me..

At least it makes their position look every bit as intelligent as them..

Last one seemed to force somebody to lock a certain thread. Probably good.. everythings been said that oughta, and probably not oughta, be said.

If I put on an act like that, I wouldn't be suprised to get pasted with at least a dozen rotten tomatos..

They are annoying as are a few who have no recruitment platform. I think, though, that they are an excellent example of "what it's not" to people and as said before, a terrific reminder of how far I've come. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I try to ignore most of the posts of those people, sometimes, like a bad car crash, I can't help but look. Some are easier to ignore than others, but the more obnoxious, vicious and devilish they are the easier they become to ignore.

Sometimes I get frustrated watching people get unjustly attacked and slandered and even more frustrated watching them in futile argument against the attacker. I wish that they would just ignore the demonic troll, but I understand, too, that we have to pick our battles and sometimes it is better that the attacker be corrected and confronted.

I spose it's a balance and I don't know where that balance is. I know that I'm glad we're largely allowed to work things out on here, but sometimes I wonder where the line should be drawn. Some people have been enduring vicious, uncalled for attacks that would have left me in a lump on the floor crying my eyes out by now.

George, you haven't been reading much in the "About the Way" section lately then. icon_smile.gif:)--> Check out just about any of the top 10 threads on there and you'll quickly see what kind of attacks some of our beloved posters have been under.

It is a little logical though.. if said person is trying to recruit folks back to "the old ministry".

I think said person is actually very uncomfortable with this. May even fear that public airings of the abuse, bad doctrine and more may make him appear guilty by association.

Only recourse is to viciously attack those who would "even dare" to tell such accounts.

Call them anything- pagans, new agers, etc. etc.

Don't want to listen to "them", do we..

quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeStGeorge:

I see plenty of heated discussion, but nothing that strikes me as a "recruitment drive." Maybe it's too subtle for me! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

George

George you just don't see it, you have to get in the right frame of mind then it is clear. Or then again maybe not...

Let them recruit

Most of us here may be taken in for a while--but we aren't going to change our belief systems at the drop of a hat.

And if someone wants to be recruited well thats their right.

Recruiting is okay--i

Its the lies and distortions of the truth that are the problem. And I'm NOT calling doctrinal differences or belief systems Lies or distortions.

I don't care if people 'recruit,' though in RL I feel door knockers are annoying and invading my personal home/space. For some Christians that is an important part of their belief system, so I can be nice while I ask them to leave.

But the people here have already heard the VPW message! It's not like we haven't taken the class like 20 times. And reproof for some of us with unpfalbelieving ways just doesn't work any more. Things just aren't like during the Reign of Terror where nastiness and anger got results.

What I don't care for is the recruiter's animosity toward those that have rejected or just don't want his message and the whole--I can treat you like dirt, misquote you etc because you don't matter--attitude.

But then, that attitude will get him few new recruits, I'm thinking.

People just aren't feelin' the love.

If anyone can show up here and recruit any of us back to twi, they have a successful career in selling ocean front property in the desert awaiting them.

Or selling air conditioners in the Antarctic;

Or selling a television to a blind man;

Or selling a satellite radio to a deaf man;

Or selling a .....

Or selling a .....

(You fill in the blanks).

I agree with mstar1. It makes for easy (and sometimes) amusing reading.

David

george, I've been looking thru my blue Abundant sharing forms and have no record of your 10% minimum for the last 25 years. If you want to get right with the lord and get really blessed, I'll give you my address so I can send it in for you. (make it out to cash)

btw, this is not an subtle attempt at recruitment ... I just want you to get real blessed icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'm looking for volunteers to help with the Odell Fiscus Foghorn Presidential Campaign 2008.

We'll be using such winning slogans as "Seal Your Fate in Double X Ought Eight", "Make 2008 an O.F.F. Year!" and "O.F.F. With Their Heads" etc.

When you come to the campaign meetings you'll be treated to cookies and coffee, an entertaining video featuring Odell himself speaking unintellegable things and lots of kissing on the mouth. We'll be passing a "horn'o'plenty" (folding money or checks only, please) so you can get blessed by contributing to our campaign...and if Odell get's elected, maybe you can get some food stamps or something.

Sign up early and be eligable for a bona fied Cabinet Position. But don't be discouraged if you don't make it in time for that. There's lots of Intern positions open.

Y'all come now!!!

"Get O.F.F. when it gets '8"