GreaseSpot Cafe

What's Their Take on the Hurricane?

Xena

Were the Way folks in New Orleans out-of-fellowship, and thus lost the protection on their city? Or is it that they were standing so perfectly on the Word that the Adversary made them a target? What is TWI's revelation about Katrina? This should be interesting.

I would like to hear also.

My take of what they would say you have to trow in some homo deal.

I was on stff in 1980. During a brain washing night there was a strom headed to South Fl. We prayed for it to go out to sea.

Things changed along the way, That year a staff woman got in a very bad car wreck. The talk was she missed revelation. Which was a frequent topic.Most of those were done behind peoples back.

My take is Satan is the God of this world. The rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. Men of God were killed many times in the bible God loved them no less. Paul was jailed. I think only one of the apostles died a natual death. Bad thinks happen to good people. God is love. Devil is hate.

I dunno.. "their take on it" is pretty obvious by now.. that place hasn't changed in the last thirty or more years.

The problem for me though, their "answer" to this question seems to echo in my head every time something really bad happens.. I really wish I COULD forget it..

I can still see the bastards back in a smoke-filled room somewhere, "Yuck yuck yuck, they shoulda been like us.."

Spiritually, I think you'd be better off IN the stinking hurricane..

Just TOO obvious. Good grief, you could walk into one of those lessons to the household thingies during lunch at that stink hole, and it'd be like Deja Vu..

"OUR people, because of our stand managed to have great deliverance. The hurricane was averted from its TRUE course, the heartland of northern Ohio..."

And they probably still lap that stuff up like there's no tomorrow..

Wonder what they're doing for all their people who live in those areas.....

Here's what one group they poke fun of is doing:

quote:
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Utah's religious congregations are working with national relief organizations to help ship relief supplies to victims of Hurricane Katrina. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints finished loading the last of fourteen trucks headed for the area yesterday. Pallets of sleeping bags, tents and other relief supplies were transferred from the Mormon church's central storehouse to trucks headed to Louisiana and Mississippi.Church spokesman Dale Bills says several LDS church buildings in the area are being used as emergency shelters, as well.

Hmmmmmm.....which church is setting the better example and taking care of their "neighbor"?

Please forgive me for de-railing, but Mrs Weirwille is gone?...shame.

I'll take any bet on how long it takes the "household" to be informed.

And yes, they've always poke at the LDS...but the LDS proves that action speaks louder than words. Fourteen trucks. They probably wouldn't fill a pick-up truck because it's the people of N.Os' fault-their stand on the word was weak, or some such bull2#!t.

I heard about Mrs. Wierwille's death, and I have never been a member of the WAY.

As for the hurricane in New Orleans - this was my thought as I watched the news unfold....(I have never been a WAY member, learned from an offshoot that I am now no longer with).

New Orleans houses the Mardi Gras, one of the most hedionistic festivals in the US (I say ONE of) - There is alot of ancestary slavery there, in which they believe in witchcraft (I've been, voodoo dolls are sold and sorcery stores are ample).

We all know what was taught but what made me THINK was - all of this adversary worship is going on in their city (when I was in my fellowship it was spoken of the masks and witchcraft...etc....especially drunken fest Mardi Gras). Satan had no care. ....even where he is worshipped heavily.

I just am empowered how loving our God is and how this is obvious Satan is cruel. (i can't write what I really want to say here...I know God is love....but I just had "where the two rivers run together.") (i'm sure you know what I'm talking about - the greek work - sunesis).

Hmmm, then I guess the west coast will be the next to go--all those dam New Agers and Wiccans live there. Organized ones, too, with buildings and campgrounds and stuff. And Denver--hoo doggy, there are some pagan types there--watch out!

North Dakota should be safe.

Deadwood, SD has a wild Mardi Gras festival, with gambling, too. I'd cross South Dakota off the safe list.

Hmmmmmm.....which church is setting the better example and taking care of their "neighbor"?

Belle one would hope that maybe they would spend a little of that money down there. But most likely they will just send a team of Disciples of the Way to hand out green cards. Of course there will be an exta love offering for generator fuel to run the class with. confused.gif

quote:
LDS members are also being encouraged to donate to our humanitarian fund and dsignate said donations as for KAtrina

MO, you can bet not one person in TWI is being encouraged to give to the Red Cross. Nevermind that some of them accepted or have family members who accepted care from them in the past.

WhiteDove - ROFLMAO! You got that right! They'll need you to bring your own toilet paper and water, too. And since it's a difficult time they'll reduce the price of the class to a mere $75 for hurricane victims.

My Pa screamed at me today.

Said if he ever hears another negative word about the Catholic church and how evil it is from me he'll disown me.

" Only 3 organizations are helping those people, one being the Catholic Church, and I don't see the Way on that list."

I didn't say a word. I know he's right. I haven't said anything negative about the church for years.........now he brings it up all of the sudden when I am going through leaving TWI, (he knows not)

so I just cried......

What have I EVER done for people in need?

NOTHING

I am ashamed.

I thought teaching them the Word was all I was supposed to do, what a crock.

Isn't it " I've got a jack but I won't help you?' oh wait, that is what it was, not what it should have been.....

HOW DARE YOU RASCAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...TWI taught us the word like it hadn't been taught since the first century church...twi got the snow on the gas pumps in the middle of autumn....twi built us a fancy auditorium...twi gave us...Joe believer..the LARGEST damned tent on the face of the earth every HOT & HUMID August...I can go on & on..page after page..pregnacys in the name of God....Suicidal thoughts based on coercion...what more did you want from "our"/your cult dear Racal..How dare you....LOLOLOLOLOL

Speaking of a big fancy auditorium, a bunch of buildings that are bound to be half empty, and millions of dollars in the bank---isn't there something in James about turning away the destitute and naked when you have the power to do something about it?

When will those godless idiots in Ohio ever wake up?

quote:
Speaking of a big fancy auditorium, a bunch of buildings that are bound to be half empty, and millions of dollars in the bank---isn't there something in James about turning away the destitute and naked when you have the power to do something about it?

OMG!!! Have you forgotten that cleanliness IS godlines??? They can't put stinky unshowered filthy people who have even had toilet paper for days in their AUDITORIUM!! Think o the conduits for devil spirits that will draw!!!