GreaseSpot Cafe

Reasons for calling in sick

Shellon

Found these on MSN

I was sprayed by a skunk.

I tripped over my dog and was knocked unconscious.

My bus broke down and was held up by robbers.

I was arrested as a result of mistaken identity.

I forgot to come back to work after lunch.

I couldn't find my shoes.

I hurt myself bowling.

I was spit on by a venomous snake.

I totaled my wife's jeep in a collision with a cow.

A hitman was looking for me.

My curlers burned my hair and I had to go to the hairdresser.

I eloped.

My brain went to sleep and I couldn't wake it up.

My cat unplugged my alarm clock.

I had to be there for my husband's grand jury trial.

I had to ship my grandmother's bones to India.

I forgot what day of the week it was.

Someone slipped drugs in my drink last night.

A tree fell on my car.

My monkey died.

HEY! I've used some of those! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

My boss at my first "real job" out of college bought me a huge alarm clock with the bells on the top of it and no snooze alarm! icon_eek.gif She made me promise to put it on the other side of the room so that I would have to get up to turn it off.

Usually my excuses are related to being late as opposed to calling in sick, though.

I have called in because my dog was sick & I took her to the vet and then stayed at home with her all day.

My "late" excuses are the best, though. wink2.gif;)-->

True Excuses

I was late to work one morning because a bull moose kept charging the bus I was going to work on and the driver had to back the bus up and go around the moose and then backtrack to hit all the stops

One of the secretaries called one morning to report that mama moose and calf were polishing off the flowering kale and cabbages in her yard and they were between her and her car and mama charged everytime she tried to go in the yard

Ahhhh ALaska!

Time to *fess up* -- here is one I have used:

"My car isn't starting, I'll be there as soon as I can."

I neglected to tell them that my car wouldn't start, because I over-slept, and was still in bed! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Not the same as calling in sick, but late to work is just as bad, if not worse!

quote:
cause my Sushi took my car keys to work with him. Smile

cause I left my car keys on the picnic table and my thoughtful sushi picked them up, but then forgot he had them. Smile

The inverse happened to me. I was working late one night and the programmer came by. He absent-mindedly picked up my keys off my desk and put them in his pocket and left. I had to spend the night at work because I had no keys to lock up or drive home.

One of my employees called in sick because "his cat kept him awake all night"

Well, once I was late 'cuz I ran outta gas.

Another time my wife called in sick with the flu so I played hookey and called in 'sick' with similar symtoms and stayed home with her to help her recover. Aaahh love, love3.gif!

I always wanted to use this one: I can't come to work today as I have a problem with my eyes; I just can't see coming into work today.

last night I was riding in my friend's car when we were rear-ended. i was rushed to the ER and kept awake for 8 hours while they ran a battery of tests to make sure that I had no life-threatening injuries before they would release me. i didn't get a wink of sleep since i left work yesterday and i don't think that I will be worth a .... today.

Ya'll are a bunch of wimps.

I fell down and broke 4 bones. I was at work the next day. You know I am one of those boses that drives everyone crazy. But I will admit that I found that going to work feeling like that was a mistake. I gave myself the next two weeks off.

There was the time I called in because a tornado took the roof off my house. But the guy who was mad about that was my neighbor.

Seems he didn't like the fact that my roof landed on his house.

quote:
My monkey died.

I think there was a tv show about that one once, wasn't there?

I used this one the other day: I'm late to work because there was a mother heron and her chicks crossing a busy 6 lane road. Even though there was lots of traffic and it took awhile, everything stopped to let the birds cross the street. awww.