GreaseSpot Cafe

How awkward!

mzimagine

I was at a public meeting out in the cummunity when

I saw someone from years and years ago that I looked at

They looked at me

I looked at them

We recognized each other.

I, of course, assumed that they were OUT.

He, of course, assumed that we were in.

He said,

I am always afrqaid that I might run into someone from a stick!

Well, what could I say?

Whqat you have feared has come to you?

No, I didn't say that.

quote:
Well, what could I say?

Well, I would have at least a couple of suggestions, but I don't think they are fit for the ears of those here..

"Wow. I didn't even KNOW there was anybody left in the God-***** cult".."

Naw, I probably wouldn't say it.. unless circumstances really warranted it. Too nice a guy I guess.. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I thought you question was much funnier.

If asked with just the right amount of incredulity in your voice and disbelief written all over your face .... (that ANYONE could be naieve enough to still be bogged down in that goofey little group)....just pause there for a moment in open mouthed disbelief ...and then shaking your head in gentle disbelief...softly murmer your most heartfelt apology....lol

It would undoubtedly sting to know that NOBODY takes these folks seriously anymore....lol

I think your friend's statement is more telling than they even imagined. They're "afraid" of running into somebody who doesn't share their delusions anymore.

Gee, why would that be? Tired of making excuses for believing such nonsense? Embarrassed that they still hang out with such a bunch of loons? Ashamed of belonging to a goofy group that NOBODY takes seriously anymore (if they ever did)? Maybe they're just tired of defending the indefensible...

Personally, I NEVER feel awkward in situations like that anymore. After all, they're the ones with their head up their %^&, not me.

Well, that would be awkward. I had a horrible experience with an innie.

I saw her at Target shortly after I left twi. She started talking to me. I told her I no longer fellowshipped with twi. She asked why. I told her it wasn't worth discussing. She put her hand up like she was gesturing to stop anymore discussion and walked away.

She got in line to check out but I saw she kept watching me. I felt like yelling out "This lady is in a damn cult! She's wacky and kooky!" She really was one of the wacky ones. I didn't care for her when I was in. She was just plain weird.

quote:
I am always afrqaid that I might run into someone from a stick!

Well, what could I say?

"Yo MOMMA's a stick." Might work for me.

I've run into a few innes over the past year or so, It sometimes amazes me how vulgar some of them are. MOst of the people I deal with on a day to day basis are not believers (technically I guess). Just average folks on the street or in offices, or out & about are not quite so base in the things they say.

Seems to me that a lot of innies are "lewd fellos of the baser sort."

Is it me, or is it them?