GreaseSpot Cafe

Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons

excathedra

They were my favorite group from the "before Beatles" era...loved Ronnie & the Daytonas also..as the 4 seasons were truly alot of fun to listen to! Lucky ladybug was the favorite of my girls while growing up & my favorite was "Save it for Me" & "Big man in Town"..where oh where has the descent music gone???

you gotta be kidding?? THAT"S how you spell decent?? & all these years...........

Ha!! I used to spell maybe as *mabey* and regardless as *reguardless*.

Took me the longest time to learn to spell them correctly -- they just didn't look right when spelled the *new* way!

"all these years"........ for me too. ;)

Edited by dmiller

• 3 weeks later...
headlined an Oldies show

What :o

Are you serious?? Actually every veteran poster knows that an "Oldies headline" would read "I NEVER saw THAT!!"

Sorry. :P

OK, I will reprove myself. :offtopic:

(Actually, all these smilies are Oldiesman bait... HHHhhheeeeeeerrrrr Oldies, Oldies, Oldies, Oldies!)

And EX - - just to come back to topic, I like pitter patter. :wub:

Let's us know we are still alive, and that our "Teen equipment" is still in us - somewhere #$!??

Edited by Too Gray Now

I have to laugh about the "oldies" show.

A band came to Ashland, KY to play at a festival they have there and one of the lead singers went into Daddy's bank to cash a check and the young teller was being polite and dripping with southern hospitality as southerners are want to do.

She asked him why he was in town (obviously did not recognize him). He said he was there with a band to perform at the festival. She asked the name of his band and he told her "The Monkees" - she giggled and said "What a cute name for a band!" It was Davy Jones. LOL! She had never even heard of him or the band.

No use arguing about it because I'm always right on these issues but...

Here are the best songs they ever did. I remember the first two from those days in my youth when JFK was president. Click HERE! and HERE! Specifically, I remember hearing the both of them played on the juke box (do they still call them that?) at Rainbow skating rink. The teenage girls loved those two tunes. They also loved Johnny Angel but that's for another thread :D .

For the 3rd click HERE!. Oh, and maybe close to 3rd.. click HERE! If you guys enjoy these tunes, thank Rick (Bluzeman). He makes his server space available for Greasespot purposes.... at no charge!

sudo

David,

Glad you enjoyed them.. Should we do a poll or does everybody accept my judgement? Geeze Louise.. I was expecting at least SOME flak from stating I knew it all and there was no use even debating the issue. Now, maybe I'll post on the Doctrinal thread and they all THEM that it's no use debating.. 'ole Sudo knows it all.

sudo

Now, maybe I'll post on the Doctrinal thread and tell all THEM that it's no use debating.. 'ole Sudo knows it all.

You do that! :D

I'll make popcorn, and sell front row tickets. ;)

(Ps --- I like number 3 a little better than your number one pick, but like I say -- they are all good.)