GreaseSpot Cafe

How did Rosalie get to be President of the Way?

fortunateone

Could we have the site please Wordwolf?

In the meantime I will speculate.

It has to be more than just a battlefield promotion.

Or being in the right place at the right time.

She must have really wanted to be President and she set it up by knocking down the other potential players

politically.

PERHAPS it is like any other election.... get your supporters and get the votes before geting

nominated.

Or is it that life is spiritual and the biggest XsXs wins.

My personal thinking in this is that after all the trouble with LCM, The Way leadership knew that they needed someone in the presidency that was more mellow appearing, softer, etc. Rosalie had been faithful to the ministry many years & was a good choice given what they needed. She could provide a much softer tone & less center of attention & scandal.

Lifted,

I posted about the "battlefield promotion". We had all our meetings about craig and the lawsuits and then about rosie becoming president at their house. For a while there it felt like we were there all the time.

They read their letter to rosie upon the announcement of her taking over as president and I don't remember a whole lot about it, but I vividly remember the letter started out with the words "We take no pleasure in battlefield promotions...."

I was in shock! It wasn't the ooey gooey sweetness and light that Dottie is so noted for and it wasn't really a very nice letter in the whole scheme of things. It was kind of like "well, since you're "it" we'll support you, but know that we don't like this change and we don't like the way things have come down." I'm sure I still have my notes at home somwhere, but I'm hesitant to post them since I'm apparently not a reliable source of information and if something hasn't been printed by TWI but was merely mentioned or taught at a fellowship, it didn't happen and isn't worthy of mention.

I had one Corps Staff tell me " it is so nice to have a woman in charge. Things are just so much lighter now...". Well, ya, when there is no more yelling and spitting, it might just seem that way.

Because Ann what'hername from Great Britain was too busy with The Weakest Link, and that describes LCM to a T.

I think that Rosie got the position because that she would step down for the almighty MOG LOY upon his return to TWI after he gets his life together. Bought and paid for ........... it was like letting a robot do the job and was programmed to do as told to do until .........

nah nah nah nah nah nah ....... (jaws theme) .............. the MOGS return

Digi

I cannot provide an answer to your question however I can say that back in 77 we had a branch meeting scheduled right around the time of easter. The expectations were that the ocal guy would speak but I was made prviy that we would have a "last minute, special teacher" that evening and it turned out to be RFR. I must say that her teaching was about as vanilla as they come and the content was the typical blasting of the concept of easter and how mainstream christianity is way off the mark and most likely possessed - blah, blah,blah,etc. I fell aleep during her teaching and when I woke up she was still droning on with the standard Way line. In any case it was one of the most boring Way teachings I've ever experienced. She has absolutely , at least at that time, NO public speaking skills and has a total lack of charsima or appeal so why she is at the top

is anyone's guess. Though I don't think it was at all intentional for her to be the Prez. I mean they didn't count on LCM getting sued for his licentious activity (of which Rose knew) so she somehow defaulted. But she has absolutely no obvious leadership qualities at all.

Come to think about it , Ann from The Weakest Link would be an excellent replacment for Rosie the riverter,

Since Ann seems to be in the Wierwilliean/Geer/Martinf**k mode. Harve, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

That should be Anne Robinson. See thread in just silly forum.