GreaseSpot Cafe

How Did GSC And Waydale Help You Leave

justloafing

I know there are quite a few of the members here read WayDale and GSC or other web sites and that was one of the reasons that helped you leave twi. I was just curious if it was one certain thing that you read that helped you make up your mind. Were you looking or thinking about leaving before you read any of these sights or did you just happen to read them and it started to tweak your mind about twi?

I was gone from twi long before the internet. So have at it. :wink2:

It gave me another outlook on twi and it was no good..Waydale March april 2000,right before loy resigned

Waydale was the voice of sanity.

Twi had become a nightmare,controlling vindictive,actually still pis@@ me off to no end that I was that gullible to put up with that.

Greasespot as you know continues where waydale left off....

Thanks Paw.......

• Upvote 1

It all started when I discovered that the verse 1Peter 1:20 was talking about "holy men of God" that did NOT write " their own" interpretation, that they were "moved by the holy spirit" to write it!

What an OXYMORON, to be teaching 'keys to the Words interpretation", and using this verse to say that WE should not "privatley interpret". When all along, the context was NEVER considered. It wasn't about how we approach the Word, it was all about how the Word got written by these men. Alleluah!

(they are still teaching this error btw)

This got the ball rolling. (I can't remember if it was on GS or another anti-way site that prompted my investigation)

Then I read about Doc vic and HIS "problem" with women, and the plagerism. That was it! I was done!

Looking at one mans sins (LCM) was enough. But to find out that from the inception, this ministry (doctrine and practice) was built on lies and sin, (Docvic) I could not "stand" any longer.

Then I read about Doc vic and HIS "problem" with women, and the plagerism. That was it! I was done!

Looking at one mans sins (LCM) was enough. But to find out that from the inception, this ministry (doctrine and practice) was built on lies and sin, (Docvic) I could not "stand" any longer.

This was huge for me also. The phoney "kinder and gentler" ministry BS was a farce. I was micromanaged more once I got off the field than when I was on Staff at HQ for 5 years. I was not going to be micromanaged anymore. I was not going to fake my way through fellowship anymore. I put on the best twig face. I hated being a phoney.

The main thing that kept ringing in my ears was "Practical error ALWAYS leads to doctrinal error." If these men were practicing error all these years, how could their doctrine be trusted?? No amount of skirting around would convince me otherwise.

When I went to my last anniversary celebration where they were recognizing people for 20 years of service and up, I thought to myself "I can't get up there and BS everyone about how wonderful the 20 years has been." I was "up" the next year for a 20 year recognition. It terrified me to realilze the lie I was living, and I refused to it any longer. The last 2 months in were the worst of my life. I started posting on GSC and started sorting things out. The final decision was agony for me to make because it was uncomfortable. Once I left, I had a few short weeks of "Oh my God! What did I do?" But I started feeling good about not living a lie anymore. I started seeing that God was OUTSIDE of the walls and confines of The Way International.

So yes, GSC helped me tremendously. I wanted to go on Waydale soooo bad, but I was on Staff at the time and feared anyone from HQ seeing me on it at the library. We had no place to go online without being in the public.

Edited by Wayfer Not

I was already out by the time WayDale was up. Come to think about it, I missed my coveted 20 year recognition by 3 months. I was out a couple of weeks when someone sent me a link to Way Out, the first anti-twi sites I had seen. I probably could have learned more at that time if I had a better attitude, but I was so disgusted, I just read parts of it and left, not caring to pursue more anti-way stuff because it was still quite painful for me. Little did I know.....

I don't remember exactly how I came across WayDale...but once there, you couldn't pry me away from the computer for days at a time. Just knowing that so many others were seeing the same thing I was seeing was healing in and of itself. It wasn't the BIG things that made headlines that helped me as much, as the little things, the humana which convinced me that I was "OK" after all, that this was an external problem, not an internal one. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Like many others here, I left twi before Waydale or GS was around...I understand exie's sentiment about being alone and isolated. Twi counted on that very thing in order to maintain their facade...

Once we "rallied" together on the internet, their house of cards began to crumble. So much can be accomplished when there are open lines of communication.

I've been helped by many many folks here, with the accounts that they have related...thank you one and all...and if I have helped anyone with my own words, I am glad to have contributed.

My heart's desire is to see all of us come to terms with what happened and to find peace and happiness in this life...May God bless you all.

Like many others here, I left twi before Waydale or GS was around...I understand exie's sentiment about being alone and isolated. Twi counted on that very thing in order to maintain their facade...

Once we "rallied" together on the internet, their house of cards began to crumble. So much can be accomplished when there are open lines of communication.

I've been helped by many many folks here, with the accounts that they have related...thank you one and all...and if I have helped anyone with my own words, I am glad to have contributed.

My heart's desire is to see all of us come to terms with what happened and to find peace and happiness in this life...May God bless you all.

Amen, and amen! :)

We actually heard about Waydale the week we left TWI, from some M&A people we contacted( contacting them and getting a car loan were about our first two actions of freedom.) We didn't get a computer for several months, and during that short time we felt so isolated. I told an old wow sis about what had happened in the past year, and her attitude was how could we be so crazy as to put up with that stuff, which really didn't help me unravel anything at all.

Later we read Way Dale and the first GSC, and realized we weren't the big f-ups we had been thinking we were.

We read transchat for a while....and were bwildered at the venom and anti ministry feelings...lol

Man, I can remember when husband registered me at waydale....lol...He made me solemly promise NOT to allow what I read there cause me to become *negative* about the ministry roflmao...

Actually I was pretty good, was a ministry/doctrinal defender ..... the ministry was ok...lcm was fine...just a tad narrow visioned....no biggy ..... :rolleyes: snort.

It was when greasespot came and excathedra began telling her story ...and dot matrix and catcup and her sister... that I realised that the ministry had never really been what I thought it was.

Way dale and greasespot didn`t help me to LEAVE twi...but it was instrumental in helping me leave after I had LEFT!!

I was still trying to live an impossible standard....still blaming myself and my believing for my failures...still waiting for satan to kill us because we were not tithing to twi.....still bewildered as to why strict adherance to all of the formulas and principles learned in twi weren`t yielding better results....

Greasespot`s posters began opening the doors for me to start thinkink/living again. I was no longer imprisoned ...helpless with twi doctrine.

Life began again finally after nearly two decades of stagnation.....I was able to start over from scratch and learn to apreciate God in a way that had been previously unknown.

How can one ever sufficiently thank pawtucket or the miriad of greasespot posters for opening the doors to freedom for me and my family?

I can`t ...I can only say thank you very much....and hope that you greasespotters understand what you have meant to me.

In light of all of the sins of the MOGs, I had a conversation with a trustee cabinet wife who told me she knew several women who had told her that they slept with vpw. She told me this right after we were told about the lcm fiasco. She said "What do we do, leave the Word?" I was befuddled at the time, but today I would say,

YES! You leave the lie you are living. The lie is still being held in secret with the top leadership. Leaving the Word isn't leaving God. It's leaving a corrupt organization.

I hope more get smart to this truth and fact.

~Raf--about being f--ups and leaving TWI~

We didn't leave thinking we were 'doing the Word' that LCM and TWI were wrong and we were taking some kind of stand for the truth of the Word.

We literally fled, because something was wrong with us. No matter how sincerely we tried to do the Present Truth, we could not make it work. We thought it was because we were weak, slothful, hardhearted, unfaithful...we were certainly told that enough times.

We left finacially poorer, physically in poorer health, a marriage that was shakier than it had ever been, confused, defeated. Turning our lives over to the local leadership--which is about the situation we faced, was a horror we couldn't face.

Underlying this was a great deal of anger at ourselves and each other--what was wrong with us, why couldn't we make it work?

We did not leave feeling we were sons of God with all power, righteous, justified etc. Nothing like that.

The M&A folk we contacted had been leadership we once loved and respected, who left under truly gruesome circumstances. Our main concern was the safety of our children, and they were able to reassure us that our kids would be okay, would thrive.

The part Waydale and GSC played in helping us see where the real problems came from was a revelation..

OMG, words don't even begin to express how WD and GSpot helped me leave! I really don't think I would have left if it hadn't been for all the wisdom, stories, support and information I found on these two places.

After they told us about the lawsuit but wouldn't give us copies of the information they were reading I got suspicious. Then even moreso after they told us to stay off the internet. I KNEW they were hiding something then. I didn't have anyone to talk to. I knew my parents would get too excited about me asking questions and doing things like talking to people who had left. I didn't want to get their hopes up because I didn't know what I was going to do about what I was learning.

Finding WD was like a slap in the face wake up call. I realized TWI was much worse than I had started thinking it was. I also found out I wasn't alone. I found out that I wasn't the eff up I had been told that I was. I found out that God doesn't really spit. :biglaugh: I found people who had been through what I was going through and were willing to spend great deals of time helping me.

I found out that getting professional help doesn't mean that you're crazy (although you *might* be). ;) I found out that the people I thought were true friends weren't and the ones I had desserted were always waiting for me to come around so they could welcome me back with open arms. I experienced true love and concern - family and friend-wise.

I found hope, peace and the sense of humor I had buried so far down I had forgotten how good a belly laugh can feel. I found Belle again and that's the most precious gift a person can receive, imo.

There is soooo much BS we were fed. Like: Placements were inspired by God. I knew many at HQ who were so desperate to leave HQ. They were held prisoner by their commitment to an ORGANIZATION. It was really God working in their heart to do what they needed and wanted to do. But them staying served twi better. That's all that mattered. I know some who were chastised for not wanting to serve another year even though they had served for YEARS (wayyyyy over 5 years) . They were not WC.

I remember my last placement meeting. I told my cabinet overseer I wanted to leave. His response was "I'll make your request known, but you should be prepared to stay another year if you are needed." I was not even WC!!! I sheepishly said OK. Later on I thought some more on it, and I went back to him and told him I served the time I commited to doing and I wasn't asking to go out on the field. I WAS gonig out on the field.

Then they bugged me for weeks as to where I was going to go so that they could announce it at a damn corps meeting. I had a hard time making a decision, but they didnt' seem to want to offer any advice. Turn it around when then want to control you, and you are devil spawn for doing something other than their suggestion. It was all so confusing. Nobody gave a $h*t where I was going....why was it so important??

I talked to someone on staff at HQ the other day. They told me they made their request to go live near their aging Mom. The response they were given "don't we all." There's no heart. Sadly, this person hasn't woken up. They don't realize their life is not their own. They've been on the HQ hamster wheel for 10 years now. This person will be visiting my area soon; I hope I can show them that life is still good.:)

Edited by Wayfer Not

Another thing was that I could actually interact with people, and have honest conversations about what was going on, with people who were going through similar things. Abigail, Belle and I were all married to "innies" who wanted to stay in, and we were all either recently out or heading in that direction. The support that I received from those two ladies was priceless.

Two notes.

First: I misread the name of this thread. I thought it was "How did GSC and Waydale Help You." My small post was in response to that. I later saw it was "How Did GSC and Waydale Help You Leave." Oops! I'm among those who left before either site existed.

Second: My comment about f-ups was meant as a joke, as I'm sure it was taken, but Bramble, that was one classy reply. :)

Edited by Raf

Neither Waydale nor the GSCafe helped me to leave. I saw the handwriting on the wall and knew that "mene mene tekel upharsin" was coming to pass, and so, I saved my wife and family fifteen years of grief, and basically disobeyed Craig until he kicked me and my wife out in 1989/90. I chose to simply "not respond" to Craig's sad but preposterous ultimatum as to "Who do you stand with, me? Or Chris Geer?" Which I thought was very carnal and completely devoid of biblical back up, which was supposed to be the motto of the Way Corps: That is, "It Is Written". And so, upon my refusal to respond to that, we "got the boot", and I am thankful for that.

For me, the GSCafe is sort of an "addiction" that is hard to stay away from. I have met some wonderful people here, and sometimes I view it as a forum where I am able to help and to give by way of sharing what I believe to be the true things of God's Word. I have, on the other hand, come to the point of accepting some things that I would not have otherwise believed had happened in what I once thought of as a "wonderful ministry" gone bad. I have Sunesis my friend to thank for alot of that, as well as others. Waydale was a wild "rumpus" of completely un-moderated topics, which, as an internet "newbie" was an amazing experience. But there was a lot of mud slung there, but as "Curious George" (anyone remember me? :) ), I had an interesting time there.

But no, neither of these sights helped me to leave TWI, but I have learned a good number of things here by putting myslf into the shoes of people who went through a whole helluva lot more than I did when in The Way.

I still believe that there is only one answer to True Deliverance though. No matter what happened to us, whether great or small, the only way to regaining peace and deliverance is to finally take all of the s h i t that happened to us, and leave it once and for all in the past, and hold on to that in the Word of God that we now know, which is good. If we learned good things in The Way, then by all means KEEP IT. And the things that were bad, well, keep it if you want, but I believe that to get rid of it is the key to a brighter future...

Peace Brothers and Sisters,

JL

I found Waydale at work one day because I was so lonely. I was put on probation and short of a spiritual mental meltdown. I googled the 'Way International' and found Cortright and began finding more. When I say the map to find believers I literaly fell off my chair and starting tearing cause I knew they lied about the Household and Remant teachings..........I oftened what happened during the FOG days. I wasnt partaking in the way at that time,83-90...I got in 75 stayed till 83 and always wondered where everyone was at that knew from the early days...I never even knew who Chris Geer was, geesh..

..which leads to leaving Jan 2000..

Thank you all who heard my cry...who helped thru the darkest times of my life. I felt alone in my own Island.

I never let go that one day I will find me again

God Bless us all and those who are out there on thier own lost and afraid...who have not found this website.

THanks JL--- "Kept by him"..wasnt that a little pamphlet...I have read that many times and taught it to, many times since my departure.......I kept the good:)