GreaseSpot Cafe

Guitar Talk

socks

Hi Socks, I had read that site and a few others. It looks like it will do the job. What is not talked about is how it affects the back of the guitar if the top does'nt want to give up the warp that easy. Guess e-mail will get his answear but hopefully I'll give this post some time maybe some one has or knows someone who has used it. I might try it any way and post the results. it is used on some new guitars by a known guitar maker.

Thanks

Joe

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi walking, I wondered the same thing reading it. It's hard to tell. It really seems like it would have to exert a lot of pressure on a warped top to pull it back into place. If the sides and top were solid and it's just the top warping it does look like a reasonable way to correct it. Innerestin'. Never heard of them before.

The extra volume is a cool result too. at first glance it seemed like it would deaden it but I can see how it would add to it after reading through the site's description. Reminds me a little of touching the headstock of a guitar against a table or wall when playing, and the transfer of vibration makes it louder.

Since you don't have to change anything on the guitar, it's worth a try. Plus I wonder if the top might not settle back into a flatter surface and correct itself over time...?

Hi Socks. After I posted last night I went further in to searching for info. I contacted a lady who installed it in her Yamaki guitar, stated the imediate results were minimul, maybe over time it might have had an effect. Waiting to hear from her. I did order the lower priced unit where I have to drill a mounting hole in bridge. I don't have an issue with that as it is my guitar and it's a good anywhere player. I'll be the guinea pig and let others here know how it works out. I see it will sit on the backs bracing. I am hoping that the screw pulls the top to the block without putting pressure on the back bracing as time goes by I dont want to see splitting along the back sides. Majority of sites I found that it was used gave it a + though a couple noticed little if any change. I am just cautious that none of the reviews or the main page mentioned anything about it affecting the back side or concern. It should be here by Fri. and I'll put it in on weekend. I can see how it can be good on a new guitar so you can use heavy strings and being a preventive measure but to totaly fix an existing problem. I will find out. I will get back here with results.

Joe

I got one of those Intellitouch type tuners. It uses a couple watch type batteries. I think the lighted display in the tuner can drain those batteries pretty rapidly. You got to have a fresh set of batteries in that tuner to get accurate results with it.

Has anybody here ever tried the Digitech RP350 modeling guitar processor?

Edited by What The Hey

RP 350 - some user reviews What the Hey. Looks like a nice effects processor. I have tried one in a local store, briefly. Sounded good, through a small Crate amp they had set up. The going rate looks to be between 150 and 200.00 online. There's XLR outputs and USB, overall pretty versatile. Buy it. :biglaugh:

There's a Blues Festival here in Duluth this weekend.

Actually --- it started today.

BAYFRONT BLUES.

A whole passel of folks coming to town to perform.

All the bars in town have blues acts booked for this week.

Click the link above -- for a *look-see* at who all will be here.

Headliner at the Fest Saturday night is Johnny Winter.

Headliner at the Fest Sunday night is Booker T and the MG's.

Given the Blues crowd here at GSC -- I thought you all might be interested. ;)

(efs -- edited for spelling)

Edited by dmiller

big music fan here...lifelong geetar lover...electric bass is my speciality... just want to say that ive been watching this thread from afar...enjoying it

nothing more to add except for this photo i took a few years back...of my faithful roadie testing the gear

and sorry...as it seems you have to be logged in to see it