GreaseSpot Cafe

Guitar Talk

socks

The way I do it, is to copy the url, then put ---

http://put%20url%20here right after your wording.

Or -- you can embed it like Kathy talked about. :)

[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpOcgcju9K8]Cry Me A River[/url]

(I left out the = between url and http - so you could see what it looks like.

add the =, and it should be a viable link. :)

Edited by dmiller

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr. Musicman,

Thank you for your concern.

About the URL, it worked but the link said you had to download a certain something or other to see the video... grrrr.

This link was from my MSN email account. They always have these videos to view from sympatico/msn. Some are funny, some are about music, actors, current events...

I just didn't want to send people here to something like that.

About the URL, it worked but the link said you had to download a certain something or other to see the video... grrrr.

This link was from my MSN email account. They always have these videos to view from sympatico/msn. Some are funny, some are about music, actors, current events...

Hmmmm. Not familiar with MSN at all.

I just type in the you-tube url, (using FIREFOX), and go from there.

Yah, it'sll play easy enough, doncha know, hmm mmm. But that one video, well, he's sort of a funny lookin' little fella, in sort of a general way, seemed to me. So's all ya gotta do is put the url in and it'll work but ya might go crazy if you can't see it, up there by the lake.

Sorry, I got Fargo'd there for a minute.

My method of choice is, after the video's loaded, copy the entire url field from your browser.

Then just go up to the Insert Link button on the ADD REPLY screen and click on it.

In the first window - the http url is already there in the window and highlighted. I delete it.

Then I paste the whole url into the window and select OK

In the next window, I name it and select OK. And then you're back at you post window and you can finish your reply.

I've done the same thing you did A la, more than once so's I know how ya feel, yah. But I don't know about the MSN part, that one's kinda funny, in a general kinda way, that one. Hmm mmm.

Edited by socks

mr. music and mr. socks...

Don't mean to give you all this grief...

Ok.. the URL linky thingy worked when I posted it here on GS.. .but then when i went to check if it actually brought me to the right place that's when I got this thing asking me to download a certain something to be able to play...

------> Check it out...

:( top of page too

Socks...

thanks for the good laugh about fargo... god... I could hear her voice...when you wrote it out.

Edited by A la prochaine

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yah well, mmm! Tha's a SonofaGunderson alright it is! Oh yah.

Well, I was thinkin' mebbe it bein' Sunday and all y'know, well that's the kind of trouble I don't want if that was me, I said to myself! So I figgered I'd post it up here, and so I did. Bein' that it's Sunday and all. Hmmm.

Now it might be that there's an upgrade of sorts that one video wants, bein' that it's Diana Krall and all and she bein' so popular as she is, you figger well, they might have had it put on one of those there new digital formats, the kind they use up in the Twin Cities for the Weather and Grain Report on Saturdays, yah. Y'know, saw her down at the Ramada last year, the wife and I. Real fine show, doncha know and with the 2 for One deal on the Prime Rib dinner that the Vet's were doin' for the Hospital fund, it just made for a real nice night all around, doncha know!

So well, you might have to upgrade to the latest Internet Explorer version and the Microsoft Media Player cause it sure does seem like that's what it's asking for, what with that funny looking little message that came up and all, least wise that would be my guess but I don't know about that sorta thing really, but y'know, that'd be my guess. Drive ya crazy that kinda thing, for sure. For sure.

Well, gotta go. I'll be seein' ya.

:) I'm glad. Yah. Yup. Nope. Yah. Ok! I've only seen it in whole a couple times. It was on this weekend, we watched most of it. There's some nice fiddle work on it in the score, very effective at setting the undertone of the mood of what's actually going on in the movie, most of which isn't good.

But it's hilarious, especially the TV version and all the froozin', fruggin', fruitin, funny dubs that are used.

A la, those lines are mines, I'm messing around with them in a song, but haven't finished them yet. The come and go, come and go... :doh:

Fargo - the Jose Feliciano segment in the club - is classic. :biglaugh:

Edited by socks

"A la, those lines are mines, I'm messing around with them in a song, but haven't finished them yet. They come and go, come and go... doh.gif "

Wonderful...Swell!!!

Well, I look forward to what else comes forth from your song.

I wrote a few songs a few months ago... it's a fun but sometimes painstaking process.

You gotta' be moved... oozing...with something in that emotional/inspirational mode.

You know... Mayer's lyrics are amazing to me. He writes and puts the whole picture in front of you. How does someone do that?

I'll have to checkout that score on Fargo... sounds interesting.

Edited by A la prochaine

OK...I'm trying something here... hope to God it works...

Just finished watching this Diana Krall video. The first tune... has this amazing guitar solo... for you guitar junkies, I think you will enjoy.

The second song... is a Nat King Cole song. She is a bit outta breath ... she's pregnant with twins right now.

:D

Poop... it didn't work...

But I'm gonna post this one... from You Tube... the guitar work is just as rich...

Diana Krall - Cry Me A River <---- Why is this happening? I copy and pasted the link... and suddenly I get this page of computer jibber that I can barely read, let alone understand?

sigh...

Socks is right Ala -- you had two http:// in the heading. Otherwise it was done perfectly, and here is your link, with the extra http thingy taken out.

Diana Krall - Cry Me A River

Edited by dmiller

Thanks Mr. Music,

I linked that link...but the first one I linked didn't work because they were asking you to download a certain thingy in order to view it.

So I put the utube link instead...it's not as recent as the other performance of Diana...

But thanks for your concern...

I'm just trying to figure out how the heck to do the music thingy now... chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy where are you?

OK -- I give up. What's this *Fargo Movie* everyone is talking about??

Is it a movie about Fargo, North Dakota??

And if it is -- Socks -- you said there was some mighty fine fiddle in it.

I'm betting that was John Lardinois (sp?) (pronounced lar din wawh),

whiz kid fiddler from North Dakota.

I met him at a fiddle contest here in Minney-soda,

and he is a prime example of the *younger talent*

I mentioned in the earlier post.

Mater of fact, when I met him -- he was 17 or 18 at the Cotton Fiddle Contest,

and he was one of the one's practicing down the hall from me,

producing that sweet music I mentioned.

I think that MSN player thing is different, and you need to download it to your computer.

I've seen that before on some videos advertised, and couldn't play them,

since I haven't tried to download the software yet.

Not sure about that, but that's my *suspicions*. :)

Right here. :)

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

2 Members: socks, A la prochaine

Hey!!! We've got us a band! Now if Chas would show up with the bass ----

:spy::dance::spy:

Edited by dmiller

Socks, You sure were typing for a long time for that little post dude! :) But you make it happening for certain, as David mentioned the band was being formed. :)

David I agree, you need to download something. But MSN has this thing called Active X that I would like to stick where the sun doesn't shine so I probably won't download it. And I'm sorry Ala, I really am and I love Gate's stuff but you get to the point where the guinea pig thing wears out its welcome.

But we can see what else can be done. Okeedokee!

Edited by ChattyKathy