GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL Class

freelady

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Galen.

Apparently you like it so much that you can't stand the idea that anyone else sees errors in it.

I don't care what other people's ideas are. [Yes I know that sounds bad]. I want to help people and bless them. If an individual wants to beleive in something that I beleive also, then great. If they dont that is okay too. It is certainly not any reason for us to not like each other.

I dont see where it could be said that I 'can't stand it' if anyone else disagrees with me.

I don't believe that I offered any insult to anyone else, sorry if I said something that was taken as an insult.

... I posted a message on your ex-TWI mailing list*, which is supposed to be an opportunity to share what we're studying. When I revealed that what I was studying didn't fit with the PFAL mindset, I was suddenly no longer on the list! Imagine my surprise.

I just went over and checked it out, you are still there. I did not take you off that list, no body did you are still there.

I was asked to take you off, after you have insisted on insulting others, but I have not acted on that suggestion.

... Tell me Galen, do you support TWI's Mark & Avoid policy? Do you think it was based on Craig Martindale's spiritual wisdom or on the fear of dissent? I don't expect you to support what TWI did to many of us here, but that's what you did to me. Funny how liking PFAL makes people afraid to hear alternative viewpoints. If PFAL is supposed to give you the keys to the Word's understanding and make you more than a conqueror, why are its most devoted students afraid to engage in an honest discussion of the class's merits?
I don't 'support' any policy of any organization of which I do not belong to. I am not sure of how I could either support or no-support any of their policies, seeing that I have nothing to do with them.

I was never actually M&A'ed myself, as I was never WC. I was thrown out a few times however.

I never did think much of C. Martindale, his abilities or his policies. Seemed like a blow-hard to me, but that was just my opinion. I only recall seeing him in the flesh once, he made a brief appearance during my Advanced Class.

I have gone through Rafael's listing of criticisms of PFAL in detail, I also used to post on his BBS, and he frequently posts on TWI-1. I feel that he and I have a mutual respect for each other.

Most of the times in the recent past when I have posted here about PFAL, I do receive a good deal of flak. So I have learned not to comment so much about it, unlike my friend from San Diego, Mike.

Peace.

Galen -- as much as I (do/did) like the precepts in pfal,

it's kinda hard to ignore what Jerry, and Raf have been saying about it.

The *opposition* they offer is not based on hard feelings,

but rather on thoughtfully examined scripture.

Now --- I'm not gonna say don't run the class anymore,

but have you ever considered printing out some of the stuff

these two have taught us, and used that as a class?

Novel thought, I know. But more truth in the end.

And that's what you're looking for -- right? :)

The last PFAL class that we ran, we did spend a lot of time comparing counter-points on alternate days, between the sessions of class. though it took longer. We also went over a lot of B.G. Leonard's Full bible class material also.

Well Galen..you should have known that any of us who still 'dig' pfal (without all the heavie-handedness of twi) cop flak here ! SOME of them even try to 'mark and avoid' us !! Biased, one-eyed, hypocrites, as bad as some of the 'innies' I tell ya.

You know what I just realised......that some people obviously assume that because they are no longer part of the evil way that that automatically makes them a 'nice' person again.....WRONG.!!

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a 'nice' person :evilshades:

Regarding those who still 'dig PFAL', I have no animosity toward them myself, and in my observation they tend to be a cross-section of 'nice guys' to 'obnoxious twits', just like anybody else.

What I haven't observed, at least here at GS, is PFAL fans backing up their positions in any of the docrtrinal discussions.

Galen.

I did not insult anyone. I simply stated that there are errors in the class and that ignoring them is not wise. As is often the case with PFAL fans, any criticism of the accuracy of the class is perceived as a threat or an insult. You may repost what I said if you like, but I don't think you'll find that I insulted anybody.

Anyway, it's not a big deal. I didn't expect those posts to be accepted, which is why I put off submitting them for a year. But if figured I'd give the listers a chance to hear something different.

And I may still be on the list, but there is a standard email sent by you which is titled "weekly message". Oddly enough, I haven't seen one since I posted my last comment on March 1st. So you'll understand why I assumed I'd been dropped from the list. My mistake. :-)

Peace

JerryB

Well Galen..you should have known that any of us who still 'dig' pfal (without all the heavie-handedness of twi) cop flak here ! SOME of them even try to 'mark and avoid' us !! Biased, one-eyed, hypocrites, as bad as some of the 'innies' I tell ya.

You know what I just realised......that some people obviously assume that because they are no longer part of the evil way that that automatically makes them a 'nice' person again.....WRONG.!!

Allan. Actually, if you asked 10 people with whom I live and work if I'm a "nice person", I'll bet you a thousand dollars that at least 8 of them would say "yes". But it's hard to be "nice" when you are reminded that you committed your life to something based on a mish-mash of lies and half-truths. Being deceived about something so vitally important tends to *%^#* people off.

Peace

JerryB

When I took the pfal class , it was sold to me.

I cant explain it but it truly was like if you want to hang around with the ONLY people God really loves then you need to take the class.

Pfal was the end all of christain being.

without it you were not ok. then the intermendiate then the advanced and then wow and the corps..

it never ended .

I think many did comply because of the pressure people gave people about "the class" , and I think it was about money and who could perform or run the most classes in the shortest amount of time .

and then as a grad you were suppose to do it again and again you know in the other room , watching the new clss graduate and applaud like it was a education or something that will change their life.

I believed it.

I cant sell anything today.

maybe a nice flower , but nothing like in those days were I fell for the sales and the pressure of it all.

it would be interesting to me to see the class without the hoopla .

how much does it cost?

The last PFAL class that we ran, we did spend a lot of time comparing counter-points on alternate days, between the sessions of class. though it took longer. We also went over a lot of B.G. Leonard's Full bible class material also.

That's a pretty 'enlightened' stance IMO. How'd it go?

I think anyone who's been around here for awhile knows where Galen stands on all of this stuff. A lot of us don't agree with him, he doesn't agree with us. To me that's not a big deal. He has his opinions and he's pretty much (if not always) been respectful of others opinions here.

JerryB, are you sure that you might not have accidentally turned off the email option at the group site? If you want to receive their stuff you could just as easily go back in and turn it on (if it's in fact off).

And we certainly know that about you Allan... it gets reinforced with almost every one of your posts.

I just read through all the posts on this thread.

IMO, & this is somewhat remarkable to me - I don't think I've seen so many posts on a thread where it seems to me that there are so many diverse opinions, and yet, basically, everyone seems right in what they're saying.

I just have one question. Other than freelady, everyone else who is posting in favor of showing PFAL has been around for a loong time, and, as has been pointed out, none of you engage in refuting the posts that point out doctrinal errors in PFAL. I can only assume that you agree that those errors are in there.

Oh yeah, the queston: Why don't you just teach the Word that you find in PFAL & leave out the error? Wasn't PFAL supposed to teach you how to separate truth from error? Heck, talk about sitting through the class many times! Many of you are in your 50's with 30 or 40 years of PFAL behind you - now THAT'S a lot of PFAL.

Personally, I don't think PFAL was the simplistic dippy thing that some have spoken of here, the it's only a bible class for heaven's sake thing like it was some camp middle class parents sent their pain in the butt kids to during the summer so they could get rid of them. Where was it - PFAL 77? We were issued a test that we were told was issued to graduating seminary students to test their bible comprehension. It was supposed to show us how comprehensive PFAL was. Now, maybe we were being lied to about the test, but I did score in the top 5% of graduating seminary students, and, basically, every answer I put down there was from the foundational PFAL class.

Surely, if the product is worth a darn, after decades of sitting through it, one ought to be able to teach the Word that is foundational in a comprehensive manner.

Sooo, why not?

Dr. Wierwille/mangod worship?

PFAL worship?

Too lazy?

The class is really great, but I'm a lousy student, so much so that not only can't I teach it, but I can't work the Word enough to put together a decent defense of it concerning the "errors" that have been pointed out?

Whatever Mike says?

Detractor's questions are foolish and ignorant, and the Word directs me not to answer them, but PFAL is great - take my word for it?

I'm not teaching the Word from PFAL without the errors for a reason a lot nicer and more logical than any that you have brought up - but I'm not going to tell you?

Edited by Thomas Heller

JerryB, are you sure that you might not have accidentally turned off the email option at the group site? If you want to receive their stuff you could just as easily go back in and turn it on (if it's in fact off).

And we certainly know that about you Allan... it gets reinforced with almost every one of your posts.

Tom Strange; I couldn't possibly have turned it off. I haven't visited the group's homepage since I subscribed. All I do is receive, and read the messages that come to--or used to come to--my inbox. Suddenly they stopped. Maybe it's some other kind of hitch in the system, but I thought the timing was interesting.

Thomas Heller: Good questions all.

JerryB

Edited by Jbarrax

What I see in pfal fans and also the offshoots...is this undying quest and determination to be RIGHT!...

...Pouring into the holy writ, they wrestle with the exact definition and useage of every word in every sentence...they conclude, they formulate, they write down their "belief statements"...they raise their flag and they stand their ground...The "Us versus Them" concept very much alive in their thinking...

...It never seems to occur to them, that having read this book...it's time to put it down and start actually living it themselves...too preoccupied with studying the lives of other people of yesteryear, they begin to mentally calcify into "intellectual Christians"...determined to be RIGHT! How?...by making claim to having the exclusive "proper" rendition of the holy writ...Why? Perhaps it has to do with something "spiritual"? :spy:

The fact is...some folks have turned Vic Wierwille into a diety of sorts...

...pfal (to me), is riddled with so many errors that it is looks like swiss cheese...A lot of the teachings of pfal are not just erroneous...but they are very DESTRUCTIVE to the individual...

It's better, IMHO, to throw out the baby, the bathwater, and the damn basinet...right out the freaking window...

...Lower your denominational flags, set aside your quest to be RIGHT, and experience life.

...It never seems to occur to them, that having read this book...it's time to put it down and start actually living it themselves...too preoccupied with studying the lives of other people of yesteryear, they begin to mentally calcify into "intellectual Christians"...

It the righteous issue--They will tell you they are righteous now and for evermore

1John 3: 6-9

6] Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

[8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

oops, this must meant that VPW , LCM etal having sinned is are not born of God

also talks about "doing righteousness --but that's works!!!!

Now class, take your scissors and just cut those pesky scriptures out

1 Corinthians 15:34

34] Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame

Class, Scissor time

James 1:19-25

[19] Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

[20] For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

[21] Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

[22] But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

[23] For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

[24] For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

[25] But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Sorry I know this is time consuming but clip clip with those scissors

What?? You say your Bible looks like a hoard of mice have been harvesting nesting material?? Sorry about that, but we can't have any "Word" that contradicts the Truths of PFAL, now can we???

What I see in pfal fans and also the offshoots...is this undying quest and determination to be RIGHT!...

...Pouring into the holy writ, they wrestle with the exact definition and useage of every word in every sentence...they conclude, they formulate, they write down their "belief statements"...they raise their flag and they stand their ground...The "Us versus Them" concept very much alive in their thinking...

Yeah that never happens here with the opposing point of view. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It really has nothing to do with being righteous. It is simply a matter of using truth found in a Bible class to better ones life. It still amazes me that it is plagiarized truth taught by other men on one thread, and all about VP's deception on another. I guess it morphs back n forth to fit the gripe of the day.......

It never seems to occur to them, that having read this book...it's time to put it down and start actually living it themselves...

Gee thats what I have been forgetting to do ! And you know this about us how? :blink:

It still amazes me that it is plagiarized truth taught by other men on one thread, and all about VP's deception on another. I guess it morphs back n forth to fit the gripe of the day.......
I guess all of us Wierwille detractors should get together and agree on one gripe...after all, we are one monolithic group who don't have differing opinions. :blink:

I don't recall anyone who mentions the people vee pee plagarized from stating that they were correct.

I seem to remember people saying that although vee pee plagarized from those people, that by the time vee pee had HIS finished product he had even seriously perverted the messages of those people.

Of course, Oakspear, that's a good idea for all the people who have problems with the plagarizing, the erroneous and incorrect doctrine to get together and collectively come up with one decision. We can't have individual thoughts or opinions on this board, now can we? :nono5:

My emphasis:

Yeah that never happens here with the opposing point of view. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It really has nothing to do with being righteous. It is simply a matter of using truth found in a Bible class to better ones life. It still amazes me that it is plagiarized truth taught by other men on one thread, and all about VP's deception on another. I guess it morphs back n forth to fit the gripe of the day.......

Gee thats what I have been forgetting to do ! And you know this about us how? :blink:

I don't recall anyone who mentions the people vee pee plagarized from stating that they were correct.

I seem to remember people saying that although vee pee plagarized from those people, that by the time vee pee had HIS finished product he had even seriously perverted the messages of those people.

I was going to answer you W.D. but Belle does a fine job here... it's HOW veepee wove all those things together to fit/fill his needs/desires...

Edited by Tom Strange

I guess all of us Wierwille detractors should get together and agree on one gripe...after all, we are one monolithic group who don't have differing opinions. :blink:

Wow, what a concept, "...one monolithic group who don't have differing opinions."

Then we could put a class together.

We could call it DFAL, Detractors for Absentee Living. We wouldn't have to think at all anymore.

Or answer any questions put to us on internet forums.

We could say, "Just take DFAL; all questions will be answered at the end of the class."

Trust me.

I just have one question. Other than freelady, everyone else who is posting in favor of showing PFAL has been around for a loong time, and, as has been pointed out, none of you engage in refuting the posts that point out doctrinal errors in PFAL. I can only assume that you agree that those errors are in there.

You know what they say when you foot-u-me? :)

I would never assume that just because an internet opinion is not refuted, it is agreed upon.

Wow, what a concept, "...one monolithic group who don't have differing opinions."

Then we could put a class together.

We could call it DFAL, Detractors for Absentee Living. We wouldn't have to think at all anymore.

Or answer any questions put to us on internet forums.

We could say, "Just take DFAL; all questions will be answered at the end of the class."

Trust me.

Just take DFAL.........lol :)

Oldiesman, "You know what they say when you foot-u-me?

I would never assume that just because an internet opinion is not refuted, it is agreed upon."

Oldie, I'm just trying to get some of the PFAL proponents to step up to the plate. The longer these questions about error in PFAL go unanswered... Well, PFAL proponents are losing the field by forfeit. It's downright embarrassing.

What happened to the boldness that PFAL was supposed to give students?

The longer the silence goes on, the more I think my questions were too close to the truth for them to handle.

Edited by Thomas Heller