GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL Class

freelady

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE BELIZEAN NATIONAL PRAYER

Almighty and eternal God, who through Jesus Christ has revealed Your Glory to all nations, please protect and preserve Belize our beloved country.

God of might, wisdom, and justice, please assist our Belizean government and people with Your Holy Spirit of counsel and fortitude.

Let the light of Your divine wisdom direct their plans and endeavours so that with Your help we may attain our just objectives. With Your guidance, may all our endeavours tend to peace, social justice, liberty, national happiness, the increase of industry, sobriety and useful knowledge.

We pray, O God of Mercy, for all of us that we may be blessed in the knowledge of Your most holy law, that we may be preserved in union and in that peace which the world itself cannot give. And, after enjoying the blessings of this life, please admit us dear Lord, to that eternal reward that You have prepared for those who love You.

Welcome, Freelady. I think you will be very blessed with the PFAL class. It still changes lives and sets people free because of the truth taught and the foundation for personal spiritual development. I'll keep you and your class in my prayers.

Edited by DooWap

For those who want to know what LTA is:

Living Tree Academy consists of a group of dedicated people determined to improve the quality of education in order to benefit youth in various geographical locations. The organization's initial focus will be developing a program for preschool children in areas without sufficient financial resources to implement such programs.

Living Tree Academy's goal is to initiate educational programs giving children an introduction to the joys of learning and to provide them with the necessary skills to be successful from preschool to graduation. Success will be determined by the overall impact on the students, the teachers, and the community. The organization believes that the students will have a greater desire for learning, the educators will have a greater desire for teaching, and the community will be enriched and recognized by the developed skills and discipline produced by this experience.

As a facilitator and provider of education, Living Tree Academy's goal is to devise curriculum for one age level and add an age level to the curriculum each year. These private schools will be made successful and held to high standards by qualified educators. Children from all socioeconomic backgrounds will have the opportunity to participate in the programs. Living Tree Academy is designed to give children ACCESS to educational opportunities that are not presently available. This access includes the best teachers, the best facilities, the best curriculum, and the best universities. LTA will also provide teachers with access to challenging, rewarding, and adventurous experiences.

Living Tree Academy plans to initiate these programs both domestically and in other countries. The first initiative is in the country of Belize, which is located in Central America. The program in Belize is being undertaken for many reasons. A primary reason is that this country, which was formerly known as British Honduras, is English speaking. Also the country is readily accessible from the continental United States, and it has a developing nation status with such organizations as the United Nations. LTA continues to meet with Belizean representatives to develop and refine the initial program.

The Board of Directors of Living Tree Academy is a diverse group of individuals who have the skills and talents that are necessary to make this program a reality. The common thread that binds all of the board members is a fervent desire to help youth throughout the world. They are undertaking this program for the benefit of society. This program is necessary to help children, and it will be successful with the dedication of these board members.

Living Tree Academy is committed to having a cost-effective program, utilizing volunteer support as much as possible. The organization is currently seeking volunteers to help design and administer the program in Belize confident in finding schoolteachers and administrators willing to share their wisdom and experience.

Edited by DooWap

For a moment I thought The Way Tree was being reinstituted with Belieze/British Honduras being the new HQ

or else Germanton,Tennesse was vying over New Knoxville as the new root.

I talked with a friend who is longer with twi. They have bought the tapes from a company who now holds the copyrights on them. The story, from what they understood, is that twi sold the rights because they no longer wanted to pay for the copyright.

They have to pay a huge amount of money for a short period of time to keep them all to themselves. I guess since they no longer run that class at all, for any reason, they didn't want to justify the expense.

I don't know what company, if anyone is interested I can ask.

So let me get this straight. TWI, The Way International, no longer owns the rights to PFAL?

That is pretty big news. Yes, I'd be interested to know what company reportedly owns PFAL now.

And are we talking about all the materials, i.e., film class, video, books, collaterals?

I'd be skeptical about twi selling the copyrights-

rather than LICENSING them or retaining them-

without some documentation.

I don't think they'd avoid taking the money-

I think they'd grant a LICENSE to their copywritten material

rather than hand it all over.

Then again,

maybe all the competent businessmen have been run

off as well. :)

:offtopic:

Just a rhetorical question,

Uh, just how many times do you think one NEEDS to take "The Class"?

Just what is it that's going to happen to you if you sleep through yet another running of this, the introductory screed of a shameless conman?

I never understood the concept. Even in my most glassy-eyed period of Wierwille worship, I STILL couldn't come up with a reason as to why I should sit through a recording - most of which I could recite by heart. It ISN'T that deep or profound, or so full of meanings that cannot be grasped with just a cursory glance. It just isn't.

It's pretty basic bible B.S. and with a bit of new-age philosophy and a twist of anti-establishment rebellliousness and finishes off with a cheap parlor trick - dressed up in religious vestments - for the clincher.

All in all, a pretty unremarkable 32 hours. Were it not for our youth and inexperience, I find it doubtful that anyone would get much worked up over it. And if not for the MLM-like support system of "The Waytree", wouldn't even have worked then, IMNSHO.

Good question, George. I used to know people who kept a close count! You were hot stuff when you hit double digits! Surely you found favor with God and men at that point...

I remember being excited when I first took the class too. But alas, excitement is no guarantee of truth. You should probably check out http://ourworld.cs.com/PFALREVIEW/ when you get a chance. I'm sure there are a lot of posts here on GS too.

-JJ

:offtopic:

Just a rhetorical question,

Uh, just how many times do you think one NEEDS to take "The Class"?

Just what is it that's going to happen to you if you sleep through yet another running of this, the introductory screed of a shameless conman?

I never understood the concept. Even in my most glassy-eyed period of Wierwille worship, I STILL couldn't come up with a reason as to why I should sit through a recording - most of which I could recite by heart. It ISN'T that deep or profound, or so full of meanings that cannot be grasped with just a cursory glance. It just isn't.

It's pretty basic bible B.S. and with a bit of new-age philosophy and a twist of anti-establishment rebellliousness and finishes off with a cheap parlor trick - dressed up in religious vestments - for the clincher.

All in all, a pretty unremarkable 32 hours. Were it not for our youth and inexperience, I find it doubtful that anyone would get much worked up over it. And if not for the MLM-like support system of "The Waytree", wouldn't even have worked then, IMNSHO.

right on !

I could not have said it better myself.

the class wass made to be a "spell" of sorts a magic trick really. If you took the class now God had to anoint you with powers from on high never before seen since the dawn of time!!!

no wonder they had the big top tent at the rock of ages for the circus side show callers to take the clas take the class it was sold like a freak show!!

the one the only the marvel of it all !!!

it really was. till they got picky.

for Gods sake it was a bible class .

a long boring bible class that was often misunderstood by many , walked out on by scores of people , and mostly disregarded.

but if your a grad and you stuck with the side show appeal of twi good lord it was the most life changing thing that had ever ever happend so the story went.

the first clue should have been "no questions till the end of the class" by that time either you bought the package deal or had long left the stupid thing.

it was sold as a type of magic formula like a darn better life info commercial at four o clock in the morning .

for people with nothing eles to do I guess.

then the big top.... then ... yeah life changing all right.

IM such a freak . for years after I left I was so concerned my kids would never be able to take the class.

I honestly used to cry over it. worry and be so sad about it.

I honestly thought it was all that and more and anyone who didnt take it was not going to have a full life.

did I buy the pfal class oh heck I would have back then . to save my children of course.

that is how ignorant I was and small I thought God almighty was.

Ive changed.

templelady,

You wrote: "I would imagine one takes PFAL, or anything else more than once, To refresh their memory and to catch anything they might have missed the first time or to hear things that are applicable in their life now that weren't before."

I wholeheartedly agree. :beer:

You said that beautifully! :D

I see that the same principle applies EVEN MORE to the books!!!

templelady,

You wrote: "I would imagine one takes PFAL, or anything else more than once, To refresh their memory and to catch anything they might have missed the first time or to hear things that are applicable in their life now that weren't before."

I wholeheartedly agree. :beer:

You said that beautifully! :D

I see that the same principle applies EVEN MORE to the books!!!

I work in a technical field - an instructor for many of those years - so I am at least a little familiar with learning subjects that are new from both the first and second person perspectives.

It is interesting how the human brain learns to associate unknown information with what is already known (I have yet to figure out how a baby gets the first 1,000 or so knowns, but I digress). With this experience I better understand how someone could take PFAL 10, 20 or more times and still find something they had never seen before.

Even more obvious is how this could apply to those who slept through class the first 9 times.

:evildenk::who_me:

I hear you Clifhanger.

The initial stages of a baby’s learning seem well beyond the reach of understanding.

I’d like to list templelady’s contribution and adding in yours too.

Repeating the class, or better yet re-reading the books is beneficial:

1) to refresh the memory

2) to catch anything that might have been missed the first time

3) to hear things that are applicable in life now that weren't before

4) to make fresh associations that couldn’t have been made prior

Maybe we can think of more.

Edited by Mike

Speaking of ACTUAL ...

Finding an Apparent Error ACTUALLY can be a great thing.

It could be a spot that the adversary thought would be in his interests to obfuscate by the many means at his disposal.

In the Biblical counterpart, I do believe that Dr just MAY have utilized Madalyn Murray O'Hare writings

or pamphlets like "101 Bible Contradictions" to locate on such hot spots.

Once an Apparent Error is resolved, by those who WANT to resolve them,

a wonderful truth may be unearthed out from the debris.

La de da de de,

La de da de da!

Edited by Mike

Oh, Grow a sense of humor, both of yas.

Finding an ACTUAL error can be a great thing too. I means that you're ACTUALLY out of your friggin skull if you think this is the re-issued new and improved testament. :)

Why would anyone prefer an ancient text (with some small copy problems) in ancient languages (with huge translation problems)?

God wanted all of Israel to have spirit and prophesy, and did His best to find ways to make it happen without violating principles like free will and the adversary’s transferred ownership. Eventually He succeeded in making spirit freely available to all on Pentecost.

Why would God prefer us to be hamstrung with no authoritative English text of His Word and will?

Certainly it’s logical that God would do His best to find ways to re-issue His Word to those who truly wanted it, authoritatively and in their native tongue. All the world is now coming to English as their language of choice with the great influence of the Internet, CNN, and Hollywood.

Certainly with all the problems in world religions, God would want us to have His Word in crystal clear authoritative English.

The only people who could logically want to see God NOT succeed in reissuing His Word to us in modern English would be the theologians, ancient language experts, and self-seeking false ministers of tradition... or people who just haven’t totally thought the whole thing through yet.

I have bet my life that God did succeed in this and He wasn’t hampered by any man, no matter what the sin and shortcomings. The only thing I see that can qualify as God’s sorely needed reissued Word is PFAL, written PFAL. Outside of that all we have is opinions, non-authoritative versions and translations.

I am thankful to God that I can loudly proclaim this in this free country.

Edited by Mike