GreaseSpot Cafe

Harvard

oenophile

I just received a call from the former Mrs. Oenophile who was so excited that she was beside herself because Harvard called our son's, Ryan, high school counselor that they would like to come to the school and interview him so that they may further evaluate his application for admission. An interview typically means that they are very seriously considering your application.

He has already had an interview with Princeton. The interviewer said that he recommended him to the Admissions Board.

Edited by oenophile

Coming out of hibernation just for this thread, Oenophile!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you, your son, and your whole family!!!

My niece's father-n-law graduated from Harvard Law School many years ago, and still talks about his experience there with much pleasure.

Give my congrats to Ryan. :eusa_clap:

I just received a call from the former Mrs. Oenophile who was so excited that she was beside herself because Harvard called our son's, Ryan, high school counselor that they would like to come to the school and interview him so that they may further evaluate his application for admission. An interview typically means that they are very seriously considering your application.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

(Way to go, Ryan!)

Robin -- how cool. Hat's off to you as well. :)

Oenophile,

I wouldn't stop at Harvard.. if your kid's that bright, why not shoot for the top? You might could get him in Ole Miss! :biglaugh: My daughter is there and really enjoying it. Of course, you would be obligated to attend the football games and party in the Grove but hey... you'd just do that with us, my man.

But kidding aside.. I know you're proud. He seems to be a chip off the old block.

sudo

This is good news. Though Harvard has had a recent shakeup in leadership it is still the institution that always raises eyebrows (in a good way of course) when someone hears the name. Do not undersestimate the name value of an institution such as Harvard. Rightly or wrongly it will open doors that woulnd't be open otherwise.

As a graduate of the REAL university in Cambridge (MIT), I must admit a little, grudging respect for that liberal arts college up the river. I hope you've been saving those pennies. If he gets in to Harvard, I imagine that four years will run something like $160,000.

Ryan sounds like a bright lad. I'm sure he'll do well wherever he winds up. Congratulations.

George