GreaseSpot Cafe

What's your favorite type of pet

Jim

LOL, Ron! Ya know, I've asked for a Chia Pet for the past ten years and never gotten one. <_< I'd like to have one, but I'm too cheap to buy one for myself. :confused:

Of course my favorite is Vixen, my border terrier. :D

I grew up with cats and love them, but there's just something awfully special about dogs that no other pet, imo, can touch.

I have three puppers. Teak on the left was 1 day from being put down, Lucky on the right was 2 days from being put down and Lucy in the middle has just never had a bad day in her life.

I also do a lot of transports for dogs that are either kill shelter and foster dogs that are going to either foster homes or forever homes. Radar and I transported a very pregnant lab that was in a kill shelter in Myrtle Beach, SC. A rescuer pulled the dog and it is going to a foster home in Toms River, NJ. The person we transfered the dog to was keeping her till today and then getting her to Toms River. Mom delivered 6 healthy puppies on Sunday, one day after Radar and I transported her. :)

Here are my three:

536973058_Resized_Picture%20057.jpg

Edited by justloafing

NLL!!!! SO GOOD TO SEE YOU :dance:

I love corgis!!!! The chiro I work for is also certified for animal chiropractic. We have a pembroke/west highland white terrier mix that is ALBINO as a patient............she is AWESOME, looks like a corgi, has westie fur and baby blue eyes surrounded by white albino skin. Her name is Sadie................I LOVE THAT DOG!!!!!

YOU ROCK NLL...........you are in my prayers.

ROR xxooxxooxxoo

This is 'Dixie Chick':

mvc-005f.jpg

MVC-009F.jpg

We found her on Petfinder.com one day. She's 5 years old and 90 pounds. She was being retired after three litters. She was just given to us... and she's so full of love and sweetness... and (unfortunately) gas!

I've always been more partial to dogs... but also have a 100 gallon aquarium that I stare at occasionally.

(((Radar))). Good to hear from you and You Rock Too! Yes, I do love my Corgis. I also have two other doggies.

This one is Buddy the Aussie. He grew up with Agnes the Corgi. I rescued them as a unit a year ago in January. One of the few stellar decisions I've made in my life. It's hard to get a good picture of Buddy because he's ALWAYS in motion.

post-1150-1142356147_thumb.jpg

post-1150-1142356338_thumb.jpg

These are awesome dogs!!

NLL, I love corgis! They're so cuddly and cute! Buddy is beautiful! They do have such energy, don't they? Beatrice looks beautiful in her top. :) Vixen has bandanas that come out for each appropriate holiday. I think her Halloween one is my favorite, though they don't last very long on her. :nono5: She's a tomboy and doesn't like them in the least.

JL, the puppers are beautiful! Shiny coats!

Tom, I really like Dixie Chick! Love the name, too! ;) She has a great head. Was she a show dog?

Since we're all sharing pics, here's Vixen at work in earthdog. I hope to get some agility photos soon.

Hi Belle. Beatrice and Buddy thank you for the compliments. Your little Vixen is a cutie as well. Is she as precocious/devious (sp?) as she looks?

Just so you all know we are not partial in this house, each of our dogs has a cat. Bill, Otis, Abner, and Timmy. Here is Timmy. For some reason he is really attracted to sinks. I often arrive in the kitchen to find him sitting there in the sink staring at me. I'm thinking of getting him a sink to sleep in instead of his cat bed. Here's one of him in the bathroom sink.

post-1150-1142358615_thumb.jpg

Tommy,

She doesn t have A THING on that "main" chick :blink:

ROR... I don't understand?

Belle, she wasn't a show dog... just a breeder... she's an American Bulldog (the only 'true' bulldog!)...

Her name came from when she was younger... it seems she lived at a place that had chickens and had allowed a hen to build her nest in her doghouse...

Several posters have mentioned Corgis -

Are they good with kids?

I've always wanted one - when I worked as a vet tech they were one of my favorite breed to deal with because they were smart and not too skiddish, usually. (My least favorite was Chows and Boxers - yikes!)

I know the Pembroke have the short tail, and Cardigans have a long tail - any other difference (disposition wise)?

We're fencing in the yard this spring, and since I'm home almost all the time now, I really want a dog again - I haven't had a dog in over 15 years - too long!

Hi Chas. I LOVE my corgis, but we are an all adult household, so I don't know about kids. Corgis are herding dogs, and they are good at it. So, they may try to herd kids. Mine try to herd me. They do it by following behind you and nipping at alternate heels as you walk. Seems instinctive because when I admonish them for doing this, they give me that "oh, yeah, I forgot, I'm not supposed to do that here" look.

Most dogs I know that are raised with kids end up being good with kids. Corgis are neato doggies. I would suggest finding a local breeder or owner of a corgi and taking the kids to meet them/him/her and see how it goes.

My friend has corgi`s ...she bred them for years....they are SUPPOSED to be excellent with children as a breed standard....but she has one odd ball that though beautifull ... she has never allowed to breed beacuse he isn`t good with kiddoes.

I think they work very hard to keep the breed to a good standard.

LOL, Ron! Ya know, I've asked for a Chia Pet for the past ten years and never gotten one. <_< I'd like to have one, but I'm too cheap to buy one for myself. :confused:

Of course my favorite is Vixen, my border terrier. :D

I grew up with cats and love them, but there's just something awfully special about dogs that no other pet, imo, can touch.

Sweet

This is what are you talking about? By the way I like Gold Fish.

post-1578-1142627070_thumb.jpg

Edited by themex