GreaseSpot Cafe

Went to "The Way" on sunday (at headquarters)

ckmkeon

Today I went to a TWI teaching service in New Knoxville OH at 3PM. Rev. Ira Berger taught on prosperity. My dad was checked and cleared by security. All of the service was nice the music, the bookstore, and headquaters looked nice also. The first thing was the piano and the organ. Then we sang some tunes out of the song book, and then Ira started teaching. The teaching was all typed on a page and read like a script. It lasted for a hour and a half and everybody was wearing suits. Then everything went fine, we got through the service then walked around and went home. I would have never known anything was wrong with the way just by walking in from the street.

CK

Edited by ckmkeon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the first time I went to headquarters for a Sunday service. It was in 1975, and docvic had the podium that evening. I never had to submit to a *security search*. Doc didn't read from a page, either.

Did you and your dad have a good time there, CK? (that's what counts).

Shucks -- guess they won't ever let me in again. I don't own a suit. :dance:

I remember the first time I went to headquarters for a Sunday service. It was in 1975, and docvic had the podium that evening. I never had to submit to a *security search*. Doc didn't read from a page, either.

Did you and your dad have a good time there, CK? (that's what counts).

Shucks -- guess they won't ever let me in again. I don't own a suit. :dance:

Yeah it was a nice place and I was glad to go there. It was a very nice "show". It was not a security seach it was a list in behind the table of everyone "marked and avoid" from all different corps

CK

P.S if he would have been on the list they would have asked us to leave

Edited by ckmkeon

Yeah it was a nice place and I was glad to go there. It was a very nice "show". It was not a security seach it was a list in behind the table of everyone "marked and avoid" from all different corps

Security? To keep out the dreaded "marked and avoided"?

They're sad sacks. It shows the level of cultist paranoia that reigns there, if that's what they do and I have no idea other than your say so. But if that's what they do they're wasting their time trying to keep the ghosts of their past from showing up when they only live in their minds. Scarey.

I'm pretty sure that that teaching was read so that it could be approved before it was given. I'll bet money on the fact that if he had deviatied in the least - he would have gotten chewed out later.

BTW - some of the greatest teachings I have ver heard were the ones wher the person said that they had something planned but they were gong to get rid of the notes and teach what Father was telling to teach instead...

Guess that won't be happening anytime soon in New Knoxville.

Talk about grieving the holy spirit...

Edited by doojable

CK

CK -- that's sad to hear. I hope you can *glean* from this that they don't want to spread the gospel to all. Seriously --- if twi was interested in promoting God's Word (such as they have), they would not deny entrance to their teachings to anyone.

Kinda reminds me of the story docvic told about preaching to the town drunk, when the drunk guy finally showed up for church on Sunday. The story could be true, false, who knows -- but the same concept is in play when you have an Org checking names for admittance *qualifications*.

Is anyone from twi reading this?? Hope so, and if you are, take a good hard, long look at what I am saying. Jesus Christ welcomed sinners and did not shun them. If you (twi) turn away folks from your door, you are on a level playing field with the Pharisees of Jesus' time.

You all make the call, keep your meetings *antiseptic* and clean (if you want to).

I (for one) am glad I don't have to put up with that kind of BS anymore.

It just occured to me - that must be a long list! They've had nearly everyone in what - nearly 40 years, leave or been kicked out. Out of all the Way Corps, there can't be more than a couple hundred still signed on. That must mean that list is 100's of names long!

I wonder how many Wayfer-hours it takes to maintain it, keep it current?

Or maybe the yogurt-heads that have wussed out and are "alumnae" or in one of those sub-POW Corps classes of "inactive but actively maintaining inactive" statuses don't have their names on the list. The ones who have about as much active involvement as a door-stop but hide out in their second-class citizen status and make lame excuses year after year for why they can't go here or go ther to that meeting and have to suck it up and grit their teeth once a year to get to something so they can please their Masters and keep their cherished membership status. Someone described this whole cat-mouse-wink-wink game some of the corps people I once thought I knew, engage in. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

But it's too rich! A list to keep out the people that don't want to be there. That's efficient. I love it! Aaaah. There's always some new bit of news about the Way that makes my mind reel. Okay, enough of that - back to reality.

Socks is right. That would be a long list.

It just doesn't sound right to me.

Ckmkeon, how do you know what the list was of or that there was a list when it was "in behind the table"?

This doesn't jive with what the MySpace young wayfers say. One said M&A was officially dropped a year or so ago and that anyone. YES even you and you, are welcome at a fellowship.

Is that all BS or what?

How did they know your dad was to be checked and not you or anyone else? No Nametage or something?

CK

Well.............that sure answers the question concerning twi's "mark & avoid" policy.

Wonder how many mai (mark/avoid individuals) are on the list?? :)

You might be a mai-head if.........you stand and shout Glory Halleluia.

You might be a mai-head if.........you refused to move to the limb city.

You might be a mai-head if.........you thought the wap class was crap.

You might be a mai-head if.........you confronted rosalie on her 1995 deposition.

You might be a mai-head if.........you refused to have sex with lcm.

You might be a mai-head if.........you asked questions about the twi lawsuits.

You might be a mai-head if.........your region coordinator twisted your words or intent.

You might be a mai-head if.........??????

Security? To keep out the dreaded "marked and avoided"?

They're sad sacks. It shows the level of cultist paranoia that reigns there, if that's what they do and I have no idea other than your say so. But if that's what they do they're wasting their time trying to keep the ghosts of their past from showing up when they only live in their minds. Scarey.

This updated information is CONFIRMATION.

Paranoia. Read from script. Ho-hum.

So glad I left.

:)

Hey, TWI,

What are you afraid of? That we might give you cooties?

Whatever happened to "greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world?"

Afraid that we might TALK to people, maybe even convince them to leave? Innies take note: they don't think much of your ability to make reasoned decisions.

Afraid we might cause a disturbance? Where's your spiritual perception and awareness? You guys can't operate revelation anymore?

I wanna go and see if I am on the list. :D

Boo!

Shaz

Ckmkeon, how do you know what the list was of or that there was a list when it was "in behind the table"?

This doesn't jive with what the MySpace young wayfers say. One said M&A was officially dropped a year or so ago and that anyone. YES even you and you, are welcome at a fellowship.

Is that all BS or what?

How did they know your dad was to be checked and not you or anyone else? No Nametage or something?

Unless CK is completely snowing us,

there was some sort of "security" check where there was an attempt

to determine who was safe to enter and who wasn't based on their name.

No, this doesn't gibe with what the MySpace youngsters said.

That means either CK is in error,

or THEY are in error.

Given the above,

and knowing how 3rd-hand the MySpace kids get their news

(like how there were never any problems under vpw's watch and

how Rosa-lie wasn't guilty of conspiracy to commit rape under lcm's watch),

I'd say CK's eyewitness account is correct

and what the youngsters was told was false once again.

Does this qualify as much of a surprise?

BTW,

what do they REALLY think is going to happen all the way out there?

It's not like Al-Qaida is going to try to blow them up or something....

The last time I went to HQ in 200? That list was for ''check-ins" usually for the regulars or TC's ect...

Sometimes, they had pre-prepared name tags for folks, or blank ones to write your name on....

Never was it a mark n avoid list.

Now, they might have security guys walking around looking for ol "copouts" that might distrupt. Or when you tell them your name and a "red flag" comes up, well , that could be the case too.

But, the list is for those who are expected etc..

Donna Martindale taught on LOVE last week. Seems that it took 10 times for her to be invited to a fellowship before she went................ that it was the LOVE that they had to keep at her.......

it is oh so methodically planned out to bring back the LUV to this organization.

Which makes LOVE so out of the picture altogether.

Socks is right. That would be a long list.

It just doesn't sound right to me.

Is that all BS or what?

They brought out a list from behind the table (I could see the list) that said 9th Family Corp and it was about 30 pages long. Then in different compartments in the table they had each corp with a label marked "Mark and Avoid" Everyone is required to sign in at the registration desk where they check all of the names of previous members.

CK

I too have heard there is no mark and avoid list anymore...but the next sentence was that former way grads that are very outspoken and bitter about twi are on a list to not allow in to fellowship

Seems like the same boring teachings that can put you to sleep even if you've had lots of cups of coffee!

Edited by penguin

Some folks are so bitter and angry over the fact twi got sued because LCM comminted adultery .

Some just sit and stew in bitterness and rage and want vengence on all that went wrong with their life because of twi.

I do not think twi feels this way.

I really do not, it is just a butch of christian folks trying to hold forth a worship and a church meeting (or whatever they are called these days)

whether people on grease spot want to believe it or not the war is not raging on for most.

twi is the same it has always been . with less people maybe.

no they do not need to address your problems with what went wrong.

and they do not have to.

Im glad it is still going strong in new knoxville and I do wish them the best.

God be glorified within the prayers and love of those who serve and love Jesus Christ.

I am not going to a service, Im now paranid of "services" because of my involvement in twi.

ironic isnt it? I have had several oppurtunities to "go back" and I have been marked and avoided .

they do not hold grudges against all that happened in fact they really do not want to talk about the "past" alot

lol .

lets just hope it gets beter and better.

lol

Kevlar - Good point, but what would all that support staff at HQ do with their extra time? I mean, they gotta pay those schmucks for doing something...

So, STS is now scripted. Whoo-hoo. God could be screaming, "GO TO THIS SCRIPTURE" or "DON'T TELL THEM THIS INCIDENT - LEAVE IT OUT!" and it wouldn't matter. Can't go off the script.

The script is God.

The list of names at security is God.

The pomp and circumstances is God.

The suits and ties are God.

The same ol' teachin's year after year is God.

It's long past having become a religion - it's ritual. It's sick.

Does anybody else besides me find it ironic that vpw himself...who`s NAME is on that friggin autitorium ... made such a BIG effen deal when he resoundingly condemned the church ministers for putting their teachings down on paper???

Remember how he said Satan read the paper that he put his teaching on in his desk at night and then worked all night long on the congregation to insure that the teaching wasn`t recieved sunday morning.

Remember vpw proudly proclaiming that he didn`t know what he was going to say untill he actually got up to teach and that way NOBODY could be prepared against it???

Can you imagine for one miniute the expression on his face if he saw entire teachings read word for word off of a pre planned .. pre aproved teaching????

OMG he would absolutely go balistic :D

Not that I believe him....but I find it hugely funny that twi has come SO far away from what vpw deemed vitally important...lmao

Going to the victor paul wierwille autitorium to hear a teaching READ....too ironic.