GreaseSpot Cafe

Way humor

def59

Here's another one'

A man is pondering life and has a conversation with The Lord:

God, what is a thousand years like to you? God answers," Well my son, to me it's like a second in time.

The man,in awe replies,"Wow thatis amazing". He then asks, "God what is a million dollars like to you"?

God immediately replies," To me a million dollars is like a penny."

The man once once again in amazment says, 'Wow that is cool!! He then perks right up and his eyes get real big and he asks The Lord

"God,can I have a penny and God says, "Sure in a second

IMA

Here's a fugitive from my years as a RC:

There was this Irish priest who hated the English. While his congregation was mostly Irish, he would blame the English for everything under the sun. If there was a fire somewhere, the English did it, a robery, sure it had to be an englishman that did it. As time went on, Vatican II came along, and his congregation began to mix more and more.

Soon the priest was called in on the carpet to explain himself, and the bishop said, "You've got to stop railing the English so much. I've been getting complaints from members of your congregation sayin' you've been doin' this for a long time." The priest says, "I'll try my best, you're emenence."

So, the priest returns to his congregation and throughout the whole year, he refrains from blaming anything bad on the English. Then along comes Palm Sunday, and his surmon went like this:

"Jesus and his apostles were at the last supper, and Jesus said, "Tonight, one of you will betray me." And He looked at Peter, and Peter said, "Not me." And He looked at James and John and both said, "We would never do such a thing!" Then Jesus looked long and straight and hard at Judas, and Judas said, "Ow blyme govenor, you can't mean me!"

Hee Hee...

Steve.

¥

• 5 years later...

You mean The Way had a sense of humor, like Wierwille in PFAL saying Jesus wasn't beating around the bush when He spoke to the fig tree? I know, groan bad pun. :biglaugh:

Not only were the jokes corny, but like nearly everything else in PFAL they weren't even original! Years later I found most of those jokes in generic "Bible" or "religious" joke books. Nothing wrong with repeating jokes, but many wayfers assumed VP made them up and thought he was the funniest teacher in the world.

Another joke I thought was original but turned out not to be was something I heard Johnny Townsend say at the ROA one year. He said he was in a record store and overheard one teenager saying to another, "See! I TOLD you Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings!" It may not have been original but I thought it was cool that Johnny told it.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

Walter Cummins told the following joke somewhere.

Once upon a time there was a potato. It was a girl so it must've been a sweet potato. She was born in wealth. Private potato school, potato college, potato finishing school...she had the best upbringing money could buy. One day she told her parents she wanted to get married. "Married?" they said. "This is so sudden! Who do you want to marry?" She said she wanted to marry Walter Cronkite. "Walter Cronkite? Absolutely not! We won't hear of it!" She says, "But, why?" She was full of tears. "Because he's only a 'common tater'".

My final exam for Oral Communications 1 was to do a 5 minute speech. The first minute of it was that joke and I STILL got an A.

• 4 years later...
On 12/24/2012 at 1:26 AM, johniam said:

Walter Cummins told the following joke somewhere.

Once upon a time there was a potato. It was a girl so it must've been a sweet potato. She was born in wealth. Private potato school, potato college, potato finishing school...she had the best upbringing money could buy. One day she told her parents she wanted to get married. "Married?" they said. "This is so sudden! Who do you want to marry?" She said she wanted to marry Walter Cronkite. "Walter Cronkite? Absolutely not! We won't hear of it!" She says, "But, why?" She was full of tears. "Because he's only a 'common tater'".

My final exam for Oral Communications 1 was to do a 5 minute speech. The first minute of it was that joke and I STILL got an A.

John, I never heard that joke before, but I love it!!  Thanks for posting it!!!

• Upvote 1