GreaseSpot Cafe

Welcome

pawtucket

I want to welcome you to our new forum home. This has been a slow, but well thought out move. Our old provider, Infopop, just wasn't living up to their end of the partnership. So I have spent months looking and testing many other forum applications. I felt that this software, by Invision, fit the bill. They are growing and dynamic. I wanted to have control over the content and not have to prune 5k of posts to make a quota.

Well we now have that. There are features that I think you will enjoy. We will start a thread just for the purpose of showing you some of these items. We have a Gallery where you can post your photos in more of an "album" type setup.

This is phase one of the GS makeover. The next phase will involve setting up the documents in a database driven environment. I will tell you more about that as we move closer to that transition.

I am proud to be a part of this community. We all make it work. In particular, I want to thank the wonderful and patient moderators that make this run smoothly. They were able to bring the communication up many notches. I'm able to take a night off now and then. And special thanks go to Bob, who wrote all the code to bring all of the old forum over to this new spot. He has been working quietly in the background to make sure that this went as smoothly as possible

And, of course, all of you that contribute making information available to those that need it. I have gotten some of the most heart felt letters from people that wanted to leave TWI and some of the posts on here helped them to make decisions.

We will continue to tell the other side of the story and have some fun while doing it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Digs! Good job Paw and Bob! Thanks for keeping open a place of refuge for those us ex TWI castaways and a lighthouse for those looking for a way out of the mental fog of Wayworld.

We will continue to tell the other side of the story and have some fun while doing it.

Paw -- that would make one helluva signature line! :D

Thank you for all you have done. You have no idea how wonderful it is for me to come in here at any time of day and connect with others who have gone through it all, and have done so in spades.

I found family here that I never knew in twi, and every post I read is a learning experience. Forces me to get out of my *box*, and look at reality like I never would have seen -- had it not been for you and this site.

What you have done, and what you are doing is helping us (as posters) as much as it is helping those seeking the *exit* door from twi, and I am proud to be a part of this community as well.

I guess a simple *thanks* on a monitor screen doesn't properly convey appreciation for the enormity of your work, but it will have to suffice.

THANKS!!!!!!! :) :) :)

David

Edited by dmiller

okay...12 cups of coffee, a pack of smokes, 17 patients & 7 hrs later...I am sitting down enjoying cup #13 (no wonder I have gray hair)

This is just too cool y'all...

So, since I cannot attend the weenie roast...raise-a-bun for me..LOL

Check-out the cool attachment

paw & bob...and anyone else involved here, thank you at least a gazillion times for the great work

John...aka oilfieldmedic...aka Smokey

post-646-1127552757_thumb.jpg

UBER COOL!!!

Thanks so much, y'all!!! :wub: You're kindness is overwhelming.

Paw, words could never come close to expressing how much your site has meant to me and my healing from TWI. I've met some of the most wonderful people here and look forward to more face-to-face meetings of those who have carried me for the past six years.

Bob, you're a genius, but you already knew I thought that. ;) Thank you for sharing your talents with us and making this move go smoothly.