GreaseSpot Cafe

A letter to Rosalie the Fox

Belle

I didn't want this to get buried in another thread. This very recent experience with Mr & Mrs Pipes, I think, is a very telling sign that nothing has changed at TWI, except that they aren't writing anything down anymore.

Posted by Mr. Pipes

Thank you GSC'ers for your welcome and kind words. You have been a real help to my wife, the lovely I Love Bagpipes, and me. The Mrs. has patiently retyped the letter I sent to Rev. Rivenbark.

Understand I was still attending TWI fellowships when this was written (at work without any reference info available). I was scheduled to teach a SMF the Sunday after this letter was dated. As surprised as you may be (and I was), I still taught; even though copies were sent to the HFC, BC, and LC/RC as well. No one forbade me the chance to teach. The LC/RC met with me on the 19th to discuss points in this letter after he talked with HQ. Subsequent to that meeting, he has offered on two separate occasions to have a follow up visit to "work the word" together on these points. All communciation has been verbal and I have not been made Mark & Avoid, though I expected it. Hence it is a kinder and gentler TWI.

Following the letter are some of the responses from the LC/RC. However, the bottom line appears to be there will not be any doctrinal changes at TWI without a huge amount of research by a lot of people.

Begin letter:

March 13, 2006

Dear Rev. Rivenbark,

God bless you abundantly in the name of Jesus Christ. I remember part of the prophecy from your installation as Vice-President was "..to heal the stripes of the adversary...". You have taken positive steps since becoming President to begin the healing process, including: (1) stopping the abuse of the "mark and avoid" practice, (2) redirecting the STS teachings to be positive and absent from verbal attacks on any who don't buy into the teaching 100%, and (3) beginning the recognition certificates for faithfulness to the Way International (TWI for short) for both HFC's and believers. The atmosphere within TWI has changed from "you're either with me or against me; there is no middle ground" to a much more tender and welcoming "good to see you and how are you?"

However there are some major issues left over from Rev. Martindale's administration that need to be corrected. The practices (or doctrines) below are at least some of the most significant obstacles to growth and outreach within TWI.

I. Money. The love of it is the root of all evil. However, the management of an individual's money is only between him, God, his/her family, and whomever payments for goods or services are due. The "no debt doctrine" absolutely cannot be documented from the rightly divided Word, and the proof of the error is in the financial hurt caused to most who adhere to it. In the 10 plus years since it became the standard for the Corps, HFC's, and AC students, those who sold homes and began renting have lost both the equity increase from mortgage reductions and property value appreciation. Some folks have suffered losses in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is not a senses-based argument, but a factual-based observation of the impact of practicing wrong doctrine. It is pouring water into a "broken cistern that can hold no water." It is absolutely the individual's responsibility to mange their affairs and not become caught up in the "keeping up with the Jones'" or obtaining more things tha they need and can steward. Continuing this no debt standard will lead to more people deciding the cost of compliance is greater than the benefit associated with it.

The second point in this topic is tithing and abundant sharing. The tithe was a Law Adminstration law. In the Patriarchal Administration sacrifices were offered, but the only tithe record is of the singular event of Abraham AFTER the king of Salem (or mayor in our day) gave food and drink to him and his men. The tithe was to support the tribe of Levi. There are no records of tithing in Acts. Absolutely, we are instructed to give to the movement of the Word and support ministers who are worthy of double honor. Those examples are recorded in Acts and the Epistles. In the Old Testament, Levi would have made up about 1/12 of the population; therefore a 10th from the remaining 11 tribes would have provided the priests with equal financial status as their brethren and provided enough for the sacrifices as well.

Tithing is an involved topic, but to teach it is a necessary part of operating the revelation and impartation manifestations is to deny the accomplishments of Jesus Christ and to replace them with the works of the flesh to please God. Tithing is a work of the flesh, while revelation and impartation manifestations are spiritual. God does instruct us to give as we purpose in our hearts to move the Word, but He does not require the tithe to bless us, protect us, or give us access to revelation and operation of the impartation manifestations.

II. Management. In the expansion days of TWI, the household fellowships were to be self-supporting, self-propagating, and self-governing. The self-governing has been replaced by management from Ways Corps following Board of Directors' plans. Local fellowships must submit a calendar to their branch coordinator for approval. (I have no idea what happens once the branch coordinators receive them.) The teaching topics are managed by the overemphasis on the STS and Way Magazine articles. Didn't the teachers do a good enough job the first time? Are the HFC's (who are debt free AC grads) incapable of planning a simple fellowship calendar and knowing what their people need to hear? This calendar and topic managment is absolutely no different than the Southern Baptist Sunday Schools using "quarterlies" to teach their followers. It is an insult to the capabilities of any HFC. If they cannot plan and don't know what needs to be taught, they aren't spiritual enough to oversee a fellowship.

III. Ministering. Since the last Rock of Ages there has not been a summer event open to anyone and everyone to come see the big-picture perspective of TWI. Since the last Word in Business there has not been a national or international conference for anyone other than AC students and grads. Since before the last Rock of Ages no one from the Board of Directors has taught an open fellowship on the field (other than Gunnison) - at least to the best of my knowledge. This isolation of leadership at HQ is: (1) contrary to the pattern established in Acts by Peter and Paul and the other apostles and noted in The New Dynamic Church, and (2) sets up the region visits to HQ as a pilgrimage; something not noted nor established in Acts or Epistles. "Come and see" is not a command for us, but "Go, tell" is a command for us. You and others should travel to teach. Otherwise coupled with the larger issues, TWI will become pockets of followers isolated from their leaders and incapable of sustaining outreach or having any greater impact or meaning than has already been achieved.

My HFC is _________. _______ are the branch coordinators and _________the limb and region coordinators. These people are bright, motivated, love God, and are committed to TWI. I love and respect each of them. They need your help by breaking the bonds that thwart their outreach efforts. They plan events and witness to folks and get some to attend fellowships for a while, but none seem to stick. The question is why. The answer is not them; they are kind and loving. But the answer is what they have to offer is limited. The issues mentioned above are a few of the limitations place on them and other field leadership within TWI. Other ministries are growing, but TWI is shrinking (or if its "membership" is staying about level, it is due to children of Way believers coming of "class" age and not because others are being "won to the ministry").

Other ministries offer Biblical research and classes comparable (do I dare say better than?) TWI and do not put bonds onto their followers and leaders. Perhaps unbeknownst to you, few followers of TWI are blessed with it. Most tolerate it thinking "there is nothing else better available," all the while hoping things within TWI will change. I do not know how many, if any, such letters have been sent to you. My goal is to offer an outsider's perspective to dramatically improve the funcitoning of TWI "on the field."

Whether you decide to act on this letter is your business. My conscious is now clear. My sufficiency is of God, (not through or by TWI), and I eagerly anticipate His blessings for taking a stand against religion that has crept into and paralyzed the ministry that taught me the Word and how to live it. You are in a unique position to affect change immediately. Due to your position your only boss is God, but your responsibility is to all of TWI. The masses are looking to you for further healing and freedom from the stripes and bondage of the devil brought into TWI by the ego of Craig Martindale. You are the only one today who can bring it to TWI by changing standards that are contrary to the Word.

You have honorably served TWI corporately. Please serve it as honorably spiritually by throwing out the damnable doctrines that have crept in.

Love in Christ,

End letter

Verbal responses/feedback:

1. The BoD stands by its "no debt" doctrine

2. Coordinators have great latitude in planning and teaching. (Well, maybe; I have not been an HFC for three years. Sure seems to be a locked-in situation, though).

3. As for giving $ to manifest spiritual power, LC/RC said he's never taught $10 of ABS = $10 of revelation.

(From him that is true, but the new foundational class syllabus includes LCM's articles on "The Tithe Doth Still Supply" and "The Spiritual Abundance of Abundant Sharing". So TWI standard doctrine hasn't changed though the LC/RC doesn't seem to agree with it).

4. The last RoA was physically dangerous as gang members and other "threats" were admitted to HQ grounds without any screeening or supervision.

5. TWI is expanding. Its growth is not dynamic because of splinter groups who attract folks who once would have come to TWI.

I do want to emphasize my treatment from TWI since this letter has been cordial. However, there has been no communication from anyone other than the LC/RC since March 19th. I have not attended a meeting since then. Never a word directly from Rev. R.

You guys and gals are smart folks. You can draw your own conclusions.

BTW I do not plan to post often, mainly due to time constraints. But I do enjoy browsing the wit and insight many of you share.

Belle --- thanks for pulling this out of the other thread. :)

It's important (and significant) enough, to have it's own *discussion* going on,

and not be buried somewhere on page 3 (or whatever).

Something THIS GOOD deserves to *up front and center*. :spy:

Wow... what a wonderful letter.

Thank you for your courage and integrity to compose and send such a letter to the leadership of the way international. You make very logical and valid arguments (both factually and spiritually). No wonder Rosalie Rivenbark didn't respond to you. She cannot, and keep her throne as it is. She clearly loves her power and position more than she loves God or His people.

Thanks, also, for posting the letter here as further proof to others of the loving and concerned confrontation that has repeatedly been given to TWI's leadership, and has repeatedly been ignored (or worse). (like John Richeson's letter)

It guess it's nice of them that they didn't respond by immediately "mark and avoid"ing you, as they did in the past. But if that is the "big" indication of how much kinder and gentler twi has become these days, I'll pass, thanks.

Now your future can be whatever you want it to be: no longer dictated by the unbiblical rules and regulations of twi. Congratulations! Enjoy the freedom you were meant to have.

1. The BoD stands by its "no debt" doctrine

2. Coordinators have great latitude in planning and teaching. (Well, maybe; I have not been an HFC for three years. Sure seems to be a locked-in situation, though).

3. As for giving $ to manifest spiritual power, LC/RC said he's never taught $10 of ABS = $10 of revelation.

(From him that is true, but the new foundational class syllabus includes LCM's articles on "The Tithe Doth Still Supply" and "The Spiritual Abundance of Abundant Sharing". So TWI standard doctrine hasn't changed though the LC/RC doesn't seem to agree with it).

4. The last RoA was physically dangerous as gang members and other "threats" were admitted to HQ grounds without any screeening or supervision.

5. TWI is expanding. Its growth is not dynamic because of splinter groups who attract folks who once would have come to TWI.

I have to handle a few of these, since they are so off:

1. My question to the RC/LC - does "he" also stand with that "no debt" doctrine? My guess is no, but must.

2. Latitude - they are soo free to teach to the needs of their people, as long as the teachings are based on Way Rag, or STS teachings. A friend of mine still (sadly) in told me how she was reproved for not bringing her Way Rag on Way Rag night at fellowship. :redface: And since everything coming from HQ is so boring, redundant, and trite, so are the HF's :sleep1:

3. Interesting way of putting it: $10 worth of revelation :confused:

4. WRONG WRONG WRONG! They did NOT can the ROA because of gangs and other threats. The gangs of

youth sex in the tents was in ROA 94. LCM talks about how they were not at ROA 95 in his Exodus teachings.

95 had the least amount of trouble. They canned the ROA because the Corps were excluded from the meetings due to work....or at least that was LCM's statement. So the RC/LC has it wrong, again.

5. What a pathetic joke!!!! Yeah, our ministry is making a big impact with expansion!!!! The only thing is, they do not join us but somehow get sidetracked to some other ministry. OK, you ALL must admit, the rationalization for this guy to actually come up with this thinking to explain why their outreach efforts and their growth numbers are fruitless......beyond insane rationalization!!!! :confused: Tell me a Biblical occurance where Jesus, or the apostles in Acts spoke the Word, operated the power of God, and people were somehow won....but went with someone else's movement? OMG!!! As I wrote in a previous thread, the "Prevailing" they talk about in Acts 19:20 is supposed to (according to their own teachings) reflect the EXPANSION results, not the personal growth. Therefore - by their fruits (or the absence thereof) they are known!

Funny. On the news tonight they were talking about some polygamist cult "prophet" who is on the FBI's top 10 most wanted list. As goofy as he is, they report that he has somewhere between 8,000-15,000 followers along the border counties of Utah and Arizona. Hey, even he has more followers than the expansion results of "God's true household" of twi. Pathetic! And the excuses are insulting to God! At least get honest and admit something is wrong since God isn't adding to their church daily (except 12 year olds for the class).

Excuses and rationalization - definitely not "founding father" style of patriotism!

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Excellent Post and Excellent Points, Patriot!

Thanks to I Love Bagpipes and her husband Mr. Pipes for writing, sending this letter, pushing for a response and subsequently sharing it with us. :)

Just goes to show you that the more things allegedly change; the more they stay the same. :confused:

I remember part of the prophecy from your installation as Vice-President was "..to heal the stripes of the adversary..."
what stripes ? is that a candy cane spirit ? i'm sowwy but this cracked me up really bad. no offense i swear....

plus by his stripes we were healed (past tense) i was taught

so who gave this prophecy ?

but anyway i wish you dear pipes all good things

what stripes ? is that a candy cane spirit ? i'm sowwy but this cracked me up really bad. no offense i swear....

Hilarious Ex!!!

:jump::jump::jump:

BTW....LCM gave the prophecy.

YW dear Belle...however, all Mrs. Pipes did was type the letter onto GSC. (Mr. Pipes hunts and pecks...

so the Mrs. types a little quicker, but not without typos. :))

He wrote and sent and shared without any prompting from the Mrs.....

Just so the record is straight :wink2: ...

Mr. Pipes

I just wanted to pipe my 2cents worth in here......and tell you that your letter to rosalie was power-packed and thought provoking. No matter that she sidestepped the depth of your confrontation...........at least, you spoke what needed to be spoken.

I commend your efforts.

Take care,

skyrider

• 3 months later...

Thanks for reposting that letter written to Rosie by Mr Pipes...

...Rosie cannot claim that she wasn't told the truth...she simply has decided (for whatever reasons) to continue on the misdirected path that they have chosen.

In my way of thinking, the micromanagement of twi on it's followers directly and obviously contradicts the biblical view of the "workings of the body of Christ", where Christ is actually the Head.

In the advanced class, the twi follower is taught that they can have direct access to God and can "walk by revelation", however in a practical sense, they are subjected to the decisions made by a chain of command that originates from a centralized corporate religious system.

When the blinders are lifted and the glassy eyes once again are clear, the differences between a true Christian walk and the "walk" of a twi follower becomes glaring and offensive. Offensive in the sense that they are cheating wonderful Christian people by making THEMSELVES the head of the body and thus counterfeiting the true experience of knowing Christ.

...and WHY are they doing this? Because it makes them indispensible. It provides them with a sanctuary of contrived "blessings". They live "high on the hog"and assure themselves of their own self importance as they lord over others...they highly profit from their efforts. Are they that different from Simon the sorcerer?

Nothing against writing letters to TWI BOT but don't bother wasting the paper. If you believe that you'll gain something then go ahead but those rockheads aren't going to listen to anything anybody has to say.

Rosie is just plain gone, she is out there in lala land. I could get into some more detail but trust me she is just gone gone gone. Anybody who is still following her for whatever reason is loco in the cabasa as well.

• 2 weeks later...
In my way of thinking, the micromanagement of twi on it's followers directly and obviously contradicts the biblical view of the "workings of the body of Christ", where Christ is actually the Head.

In the advanced class, the twi follower is taught that they can have direct access to God and can "walk by revelation", however in a practical sense, they are subjected to the decisions made by a chain of command that originates from a centralized corporate religious system.

When the blinders are lifted and the glassy eyes once again are clear, the differences between a true Christian walk and the "walk" of a twi follower becomes glaring and offensive. Offensive in the sense that they are cheating wonderful Christian people by making THEMSELVES the head of the body and thus counterfeiting the true experience of knowing Christ.

What an apt description Grocho!!!