GreaseSpot Cafe

The Uncle Harry biography?

WordWolf

WW I have one but am at public library. Why? I thought you had one for VPW thread. :cryhug_1_: <_< :sleep1: :unsure:

Sorry to say,I don't have mine...It was probably my favorite book to read while in the way,...only 3/4" thick,small pages,big letters and some drawings,and very few,if any, Bible verses...It was more bio than anything else,if I recall...My dad,who had an extreme dislike for the way,even picked it up and read it when I left it laying around at his house...All he could think of to say about it was "that guy liked Cadillacs,didn't he?"

WW I have one but am at public library. Why? I thought you had one for VPW thread. :cryhug_1_: <_< :sleep1: :unsure:

I'm not on the clock or something.

I'm asking if someone could post quotes in their spare time

like in the other ("wonderland") threads.

The "the way:living in wonderland" thread has quotes almost entirely from

"the way:living in love."

"vp and me in wonderland" discusses "vp and me".

"Outreach Outside twi's congregation" (I think that's the name)

quotes a bit from "Born Again to Serve."

The first 2 are threads I worked on, and covered excerpts from all over the book.

I have one. Will pass it on to hubby and let him post quotes if he'd like to. Am too swamped right now, but could post some in a week or so if hubby not interested.

A week or so, or anytime in August, really, would be appreciated.

It's not like you get a salary for posting here,

and you're too savvy for a

"loyalty to the website that taught you t3h tr00th" speech.

(At this point in life, certainly...)

Frankly,

if Tom LB and the Sudos split up all the quotes,

it would be more of a side-thing and feel less like a job for any of them....

Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed Uncle Harry's book from a historical and seeing how families interacted.

"So we three went into partnership and borrowd some money, mortgaged the buildingand everything else involved...The business was doing well. I had a milliondollars a year turnover...I wanted to make money - make it fast and honestly."

One more for good measure (pages 50ff). Regarding God telling him to go into debt (so much for revelation not contradicting the written Word as twi wrongly divides it) :evildenk:

"To explain this in context I would like to go back two years to 1961, when I committed myself to pay for the renovation of the house (the Wierwille family home) at International Headquarters. GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT, so I didn't figure otu the cost - the Bible says we shouldn't do that when God speaks...look, this house we want to modernize. I haven't got any reserve but I have a good income....I'll sign a two-year commercial note with you

"The final figure hapned to be $58,000 all told (back in 1961). That was astounding relative to the $25,000 I had anticipated. So I had to believe God every day to pay on that debt as I had agreed to have the bank paid off within two years."

Sorry to say,I don't have mine...It was probably my favorite book to read while in the way,...only 3/4" thick,small pages,big letters and some drawings,and very few,if any, Bible verses...It was more bio than anything else,if I recall...My dad,who had an extreme dislike for the way,even picked it up and read it when I left it laying around at his house...All he could think of to say about it was "that guy liked Cadillacs,didn't he?"

simon you're so damn funny. too bad you couldn't do your research paper on the book or better yet on cadillacs !!!!!!!

I have the book somewhere around here, in a box probly. But I like the little story in there where Uncle Harry said that they would take whiskey out to the people working on the farm when he was young. He said that the "whiskey was for strength".

Well now, I likes whiskee. But when I drink it, I tend to not want to work, but rather to play, to socialize get funny with friends. That quote always puzzled me...