96 members have voted

1. 1. Are you male?

• Yes
    • no
  2. 2. Do you post..?

• daily
    • regularly (at least weekly)
    • semi-regularly (monthly)
    • Ocassionaly (less than 10 times a year)
    • Lurk regularly but rarely post (< 5 a yr )
    • Lurk but never post

I wondered that, too. (The "yes-no" phrasing, anyway.)

I also wonder if you considered that nowadays some people will get offended

that you presumed all the answers would either be male or female,

with no other options. Not me, and maybe not any particular posters here

at the moment, but it's possible.

Seems simple to me. If you're not male - then you're something else.

Presumably female - maybe the question should have been

"What did the doctor tell your parents when you were born?

A.Its a Boy!

B. Its a Girl!

Ok, now back to our regularly scheduled poll.....

Edited by doojable

Lurk but never post [ 0 ] [0.00%]

I can see why no one chose this option on the poll. It's unanswerable. As soon as someone posts an answer to it, he or she would automatically belong in the "lurk regularly but rarely post" category.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't mind me. I'm just entertaining myself here as a diversion from what I really should be doing.

Presumably female - maybe the question should have been

"What did the doctor tell your parents when you were born?

A.Its a Boy!

B. Its a Girl!

Ok, now back to our regularly scheduled poll.....

When I posted before, I had not thought of hermaphrodites. Barring that, what doojablen posted was what I was thinking.

Rick

On the day I was born, the nurses all gathered 'round

And they gazed in wide wonder, at the joy they had found

The head nurse spoke up, and she said leave this one alone

She could tell right away, that I was bad to the bone

:biglaugh: Blame Kevlar! I just couldn't help myself. :spy:

Presumably female -

This is my bad boy day.

Lets not forget all the gays and homosexualls that may feel that they are more than just male or female.

I would say what I truely fear but you might think I was a Martindale fan.

One thing that i'm glad for is that everyone knows thier gender and doesn't have to get thier Birth Certificate or go to a plumber to check on the type of plumbing they have. Just kidding though on the last comment. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Edited by danteh1

Belle - :biglaugh:

---------------------

I suppose we should add "transgender" to the list (not sure if this is the same as "transsexual" - the online dictionary gives essentially the same definition, but there may be subtle differences).

Edited by Kevlar2000

Thank you for all your responses.

My apologies, but this was not a well structured poll, but it satisfied a bit of my curiosity.

Male/female participation is approximately 50%/50%, and 41% consider themselves regular posters.

Why did I pose this poll? Good question, thanks for asking.

I wanted to know if there could be a correlation between gender and twi recovery

Do men/women recover more readily than men/women?

Does participation in forums such as GreaseSpot have a significant impact on recovery?

How would you rate the recovery of former TWIs, that you know personally, to their participation in forums? Do non-posters recover as successfully as posters?

Just Curious.

LooKout

• 1 month later...

Speaking of "hermaphrodites", are they real? Is there such a thing biologically besides some self proclaimed "chick with d***"?

It is only a curious biology question. I ask because there was a gal in my Corps who had to shave her face regularly in the ladies room. And she was a really neat gal and had a heart of gold. But my heart bled for her as I thought of her in the public ladies bathroom (in Uncle Harry and Owens dorm) shaving her face while being surrounded by the cuties that were also in my corps. I actually wondered if she was a hermaphrodite. Is there really such a thing as that?

Jonny----------My wife and I knew someone years ago who had two children who were born with this condtion.I am no expert on the subject but here is the little bit I know. This condition can be internal, external, or both. Internally the person has both sets of gonads(testes and ovaries). Externally the differences are more noticable. Surgical correction is possible. In the past, the most common way to adjust the problem was to surgically render the person female since this is the least involved of the two surgeries. Recently,though, studies have shown that these people may be hormonally gender biased. In other words, it may be best to pursue a course of treatment that will render the person a male. In the instance I mentioned both children are girls. The have to take hormone supplements and can never have children. Curiousity is not at all abad thing but sometimes it likes to sneak into rooms where people prefer to keep the doors closed.