GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Andorian Incident" its the one where the Enterprise crew helps discover a spy installation in a Vulcan Monastery, the Monastery is under seige by Andorians who suspect that there is a spy station there....

OOPs sorry Im about 50 posts late for this one.... :confused:

Edited by Steveo

"I am the older brother!"

"In return, you will give me back my family's honor."

"Duras' father was the traitor"

"You have proof of this?"

"The council knows"

A suggestion-if you quote your first set from a show, then erase the "quote" tags, then add the new

set, someone can read them as one post. You can keep doing that until you have a lot of stuff there.....

Ok, let's see. At first, I didn't think I could narrow it down from the 2 episodes.

However, I think the second one was enough to narrow it down after all.

This is when Worf exercised the Right of Vengeance to kill Duras after Duras killed Ambassador Kehlayr.

Worf agreed to bring in Kurn's task force on Gowron's side of the civil war-

the side NOT being supplied by the Romulans-

in exchange for his family's honor being restored.

Part I of a 2-parter.

Frankly, I had expected Picard and Riker to have stopped Worf at the last moment when he killed Duras.

Instead, Worf-like a real fighter in a battle- finished off his opponent before finding out what the distraction

was-since Duras might have turned the battle around if he hesitated.

Did I get it?

Edited by WordWolf

"How long have you had the beard?"

"About four years. I think I just got tired of hearing how 'young' I looked."

"We are conducting a survey of gaseous anomalies."

"How interesting. So are we."

You've guys have been in the zone lately, so I think this might do it....

"Captain Picard Day is one of the children's favorite school activities. They look forward to it all year."

"What was it that Lieutenant Boylen used to call you?"

" 'Ensign Babyface.' "

"How interesting. So are we.

Perhaps we could combine our efforts and share our findings."

"I doubt our objectives are... compatible."

"You are probably right."

"Captain Picard Day is one of the children's favorite school activities. They look forward to it all year."

" 'Ensign Babyface.' "

"This has been a most pleasant conversation... but we must return to our research."

" Then I won't keep you."

"You know... I still think about what happened... about that last day."

"So do I. It's not the kind of thing you just forget about."

"Do you ever... wonder whether we did the right thing?"

"Never. It was a tragedy, yes. But it wasn't your fault and it wasn't mine. What we were doing was for the good of the Federation. We can't blame ourselves because the others couldn't see that."

"I know... but maybe we went about it the wrong way."

"Well, this time we may have a chance to do it the right way."

"You want to try again?"

"It's not just me."

"The Chief of Starfleet Security has personally assured me of her complete support."

"Admiral Raner... ? How many other people know about this?"

"Not many. And it's up to us to make sure it stays that way.

Raner gave me written orders for you. You'll find them coded in the Enterprise computer. You've been instructed not to reveal the true nature of our mission to anyone, not even Captain Picard.

Don't worry... it won't be like it was twelve years ago. This time, no one's going to stop us.""

" 'Ensign Babyface.' "

"This has been a most pleasant conversation... but we must return to our research."

"Never. It was a tragedy, yes. But it wasn't your fault and it wasn't mine. What we were doing was for the good of the Federation. We can't blame ourselves because the others couldn't see that."

"You want to try again?"

"It's not just me."

"The Chief of Starfleet Security has personally assured me of her complete support."

Raner gave me written orders for you. You'll find them coded in the Enterprise computer. You've been instructed not to reveal the true nature of our mission to anyone, not even Captain Picard.

Don't worry... it won't be like it was twelve years ago. This time, no one's going to stop us.""

"Frankly, I've always felt it was more important for an officer to trust his captain's judgment. In a crisis, there's no time for explanations... orders have to be obeyed without question or lives may be lost."

"I am aware of that, Admiral."

"Of course you are.

I guess this mission has brought up some... old ghosts for me. You know what it's like to lose a ship... you're always wondering if there was something else you should have done... something you missed."

"Twelve years ago, I needed an officer I could count on in a crisis... someone who would support and obey my decisions without question... someone willing to trust my judgment... that someone was Wil Riker... and without his loyalty, none of us would have survived."

" 'Ensign Babyface.' "

"You want to try again?"

"It's not just me."

"Frankly, I've always felt it was more important for an officer to trust his captain's judgment. In a crisis, there's no time for explanations... orders have to be obeyed without question or lives may be lost."

"I am aware of that, Admiral."

"Of course you are.

I guess this mission has brought up some... old ghosts for me. You know what it's like to lose a ship... you're always wondering if there was something else you should have done... something you missed."

"Twelve years ago, I needed an officer I could count on in a crisis... someone who would support and obey my decisions without question... someone willing to trust my judgment... that someone was Wil Riker... and without his loyalty, none of us would have survived."

"We have a chance here to change the balance of power in this quadrant."

"Mutiny... on a Federation starship. It's shocking -- no, it's unthinkable. And yet you've never mentioned it."

No, sir."

" 'The Judge Advocate also believes that the surviving officers are deliberately withholding vital information from this inquiry. Further investigation is recommended.'

But there was no further investigation... the file was classified and quietly buried."

Is that the one where a cloaking/phasing device was installed on a federation ship, and the ship ended up embedded inside an asteroid in the neutral zone?

That's it- "the Pegasus", both the ship and the episode.

My first comment was -what, when a ship ends up missing, it's always "the Pegasus!"

That's because the old Battlestar Galactica's missing Battlestar was the Pegasus,

and this ship was the Pegasus, and both turned up later.

Yes, this episode featured Admiral Pressman and Riker talking over the mutiny on the

ship when the thing looked like the experiments were going to blow up the ship

(which it did-because the current tech couldn't safeguard the process, although

the Enterprise-D's modern tech could), and Pressman's comments about the Riker

he knew-who was a young ensign on the Pegasus, and a memorable exchange

between Picard and a Romulan captain, both lying through their teeth, both knowing

they were both lying. (I quoted most of the exchange.)

I also think that Picard should have been reprimanded severely for his "solution"-

unstead of just moving off at impulse speeds at the end of the episode, and letting

the Romulans wonder what happened, and guarding NOTHING of value, he had to

announce to them exactly what happened and confirm all their suspicions.

(Ultimately, all they had were suspicions until that moment.)

I'm sure the blatant proof of the violation of the Treaty of Algeron was NOT welcome

by the Federation's diplomats.

"I'm thirsty"

"I'm sorry. You can't know what it's like to be almost a god. "

"He's a fool. A fool! He'd seen those points and he hadn't noticed their condition. "

"How do you know? "

"The image of what he'd seen was still in his mind. "

"Don't you understand? A mutated, superior man could also be a wonderful thing! "

"There's no soul on this planet but us?"

"Nobody but us chickens, doctor. "

"I'm thirsty"

"I'm sorry. You can't know what it's like to be almost a god. "

"He's a fool. A fool! He'd seen those points and he hadn't noticed their condition. "

"How do you know? "

"The image of what he'd seen was still in his mind. "

"Don't you understand? A mutated, superior man could also be a wonderful thing! "

"There's no soul on this planet but us?"

"Nobody but us chickens, doctor. "

"Leave her alone! "

[chuckles wickedly] "She's going to tell me where Kittrick is. "

"What moral right? "

[another chuckle] "Morals are for men, not for Gods. "

"And you are neither."

Thank you, George.

Oh. If I'm right, how I'm supposed to go about with the clues? Is there a proper number of them that I have to quote? :unsure:

The rules are: no cheating (if you're guessing, and you look it up, you're disqualified from guessing anymore)

and correct guesser posts the next episode.

All episodes from the original series, NextGen, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise are fair game.

However, Voyager and Enterprise clues usually will sit a lot longer, since fewer of us saw them.

(We may never guess correctly, in other words.)

Everything else is by preference. I prefer to post quotes in pairs, starting from

tougher quotes that actually say something about the episode, to longer and more

obvious quotes. I also prefer to post them about once a day, since more often means

posters who don't live on this board don't get a chance if you post all your quotes

in one day, and if you're TOO slow, the thread lags for weeks. So I consider once a

day to be about right-until I've posted for a few days, then I'm looking to move it along

and just get a correct guess. I try not to make it too obvious with the very first quote,

but not impossible, either.

Those are my preferences, you can use your own.