GreaseSpot Cafe

Buzzwords: wayspeak

Seth R.

Regarding the name changes of various holidays: they just never had the balls to simply not celebrate them.

They'd go on and on about how "devilish" this observance and that name was; what? it was less devilish because they called it something else?

But no, they'd tell you how "pagan" and "off" Halloween was, or Christmas, but they'd do all the same things but label them differently. <_<

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a while, even just casual conversation was a big deal. Imagine sitting at a BBQ and asking "Is there mustard available?" - instead of do you have any mustard?

And the last time I prepped refreshments for a class, one of the Corps women came in to the kitchen and told me we had a problem - she forgot the napkins and cups I'd asked her to bring. She used the word "problem" - - If I had said that- it would have been over. .

Sometimes riding in a car with a higher-up was very unnerving. They really didn't believe other drivers had road rights...and acted accordingly!

Ho-Ho-Relo was no longer a time for the in residence Corps to visit with families, but was putting them back in their local areas drumming up more corps entrants. My own son thought it was more important for him to have Christmas dinner with somebody he was working with toward this end rather than his own family who had driven, some of them 75 miles to see him! We never even spent so much as one evening together and they were exhausted when they flew back.

And then there's this - - my private pet peeve: When one of your leadership wanted to ask you a favor they wouldn't come right out with it....they said "Would you like to bless me?. Now what do you say. So after you swallow your tongue, and say (the obligatory) yes, it is only then you find out you have been given the honor of painting their shingles....and p.s. you're buying the paint!

Okay, how about the Advances we had. We never had Retreats.

We were never to have a time of reverie, or reflection when we were in the Word. Everything about our lives, our ministries, were to advance... maybe if we retreated, re-treated, re=again, and treated, ourselves, we would have been able to have moved forward with God in a more spiritually saavy way. But, we never really thought about treating ourselves in a quiet spiritual way; we were too busy advancing. :wave:

We had men's and women's fellowships. I went to a single women's fellowship. Wanna know what I learned? I learned from a Corps grad Branch coordinator that it's OK for the single women to talk about the single men in their area if they aren't treating women the best. It's OK for women in the household to warn each other. Now that's a way to keep a tight-knit household. BTW, this corps grad was at least 50 years old and had never been married. But she went through the corps program, so that gave her the right to counsel single women on dating. I was on staff with her at HQ. I don't think this woman had many dates, so what qualifies her to counsel on it????

I think it would have been better to talk to the guy himself instead of talking behind his back and make him look bad. If he really wasn't treating women correctly, he should have at least had the opporunity to change by being told directly.

I don't think this woman had many dates, so what qualifies her to counsel on it????

what qualified any of the corps to counsel anyone on anything? every slut has an opinion on dating,but that doesn't make her any more or less qualified than someone who doesn't date. none of the leadership to my knowledge had counseling training or certification, and that is one of my biggest beefs with TWI.

ok, back to the topic... I thought of another today:

Friend.

in my experience, people on the outside were not friends. you didn't call them friends, if you thought of them as friends. you'd refer to them as "this gal from work I'm witnessing to". if you just said their name, then you'd get bugged about when she was coming to fellowship. referring to her as "this gal from work I'm witnessing to" diffused attention, made the FC happy and left you free to just enjoy a friendship.

now, I became involved with a man, and I never, ever told any of the leadership that I was seeing someone because I knew what would happen. they'd start bugging me "when is so-and-so going to come to fellowship?". and now that I'm engaged, I can just imagine them shaking their heads in pity over me throwing my life away on an "unbeliever". at one time, I know I would have been trapped in a room with at least my FC and/or BC while they tried to dissuade me from my decision. I don't know if they still do such things, but one of my friends took a lot of heat for getting engaged to an "unbeliever" last year, and 2 kids in CO got their asses chewed a couple of years ago by their FC for not asking his permission to get married, so I imagine it's still deeply ingrained in TWI culture (even though they pretend to be a softer, more permissive, more loving ministry these days) to control relationships as much as possible.

rereading my post, it seems a bit convoluted. the friendship and marriage thing seem disconnected, but they aren't in my mind because it really boils down to being able to control your own intimacies, whether friend or family or significant other. TWI had to have their nose in everything, and FRIEND wasn't a relationship you had with outsiders.

I eventually learned my lesson and stopped mentioning friends to anyone in TWI, unless I knew they were having the same issues.

advances damn i hated those! i was force one time to attend a mens advace with a guy who was tapping my wife at the time

he was a new believer and she was just showing the love of god don't ya know?

the only thing i advanced there was a budwiser bottle up his arse :beer:

thank god it's over and things are forgiven

Regarding the name changes of various holidays: they just never had the balls to simply not celebrate them.

They'd go on and on about how "devilish" this observance and that name was; what? it was less devilish because they called it something else?

But no, they'd tell you how "pagan" and "off" Halloween was, or Christmas, but they'd do all the same things but label them differently. <_<

AMAZING how this never hit me until I read this post.....

I agree with potato about Leadership not having the training or the dgrees to counsel people . I am living proof that a marriage can be destroyed. He actually told my husband to divorce me and he never opened the bible!!

Having freinds outside of the fellowhip was taboo as well. I never listened to that, I always had freinds ouside of the fellowhip. I never really conformed, mabe that's why he wanted to get rid of me!!!!!!!

Hello:

The Way word issue was always a problem for me, then i finally figured out that was how the old timers knew who you were a follower of, and more than that , i believe that is how the spirit influence teaches persons to speak a special language that corresponds to they filthy spirit operations, and curses.

They also spoke in their own guile, and every one of them that had "sold out" started that Way word mess, and became devout liars. Remember "speak only the believing, never give up the truth", a law of the Way Corps, it was repeated to me over, and over.

Remember their filth of, latter state worse than the first; old manning; power of The Holy Man of God's Proofin ; seeking the feet of Man of God ; HUH HUH!; squaling THATS RIGHT! ; all of them with their effigy of men, and refernce to the spirits. It was all ego feeding too, for Wierwille, Craig, Wayne Clapp, or some

sold out.

God Bless you,

connerron

Connerron, your writing style is a bit confusing, is your native language something other than English?

I do recall hearing these two statements:

*latter state worse than the first (in regards to someone who's been possessed & re-possessed)

*seeking the feet of Man of God (letting us know to imitate the MOG)

Neither very often, so they wouldn't be 'buzzwords' for me.

You must have been in a different area than myself~

The worst Way Speak of all...

"Suggestions from leadership tandem out to a command"... Or however it was phrased.. Yeah, don't give me any suggestions.. I'll show you were to put em, errr umm.. I mean.. back in your brain! Yeah.. That's what I was thinking.. Nice.. Be nice.. Hehe..

Hi Folks it's been a couple weeks since I first posted this, I'm happy with the results.

In my original example I used single words that each took on special meaning in TWI, I asked for the same. I am looking for single words that TWI "loaded with meaning". I don't care if these words effect you now or not, just what are the words and what did they mean to you and how did they effect you? How did you change your attitudes and actions after hearing or thinking about those words?

I'm trying to keep it simple most of the buzzwords/loaded language was planted during the PFAL class, and they are single words two words at the most, anything with more then two words becomes a phrase and becomes a concept. Concepts are easier to spot so please understand when I break down those concepts into their original buzzwords.

Kevlar was the first to post, and help with pointing to another thread; my point was specific to loaded language which is more subtle then the renaming and rephrasing of common terms or concepts. Thanks.

-----

Lori posted with a concept "first thought" in my experience this concept was taught after teaching on fellowship or in/out of fellowship. The teaching was something like this, when we are in fellowship we are inspired and therefore our first thought is the one God places there. Of course this then gets into Weirwilles teaching that you can only think one thought at a time, if there are two thoughts then you are possessed.

New loaded words from Lori's post:

First Thought

Fellowship, in fellowship, out of fellowship

One Thought

-----

Potato posted

-----

GrouchoMarxJr posted some concepts and added that we can call these trigger words.

New words from Groucho.

Best, in TWI parlance the word "Good" was passe as Christians God wants what's "best" for us. The Devil knows the difference between good and evil, therefore the devil can choose to do good if he wants. So we were always dogged in TWI to do what's best, because after all we don't want people to think we did the devils bidding.

"That the ministry be not blamed" was high concept not taught at the foundational level. It must invoke many buzzwords certainly "best" is one of them.

"Be not puffed up"

"Our father in the word" this brings into play a big TWI buzzword "The Word" invoking "the rightly divided word" or "original truth" "God breathed" "revelation". The reference to "Our father" is not a buzzword as such but we know that the man who this referred to did not treat the women in TWI as daughters.

"Discerning of spirits"

-----

SafariVista posted some concepts.

"There is safety in a multitude of counselors"

'One's own' = IDIOT

‘By his stripes you were healed’

‘Whatsoever you ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive’

-----

excathedra, and Thomas Loy Bumgarner checked in.

-----

bliss mentioned "Happy Ho Ho" this was a feeble attempt by TWI to rename Holidays to support their beliefs.

Christmas was a "bad" word in TWI short for Christ's Mass, given TWI's disdain for the Catholic Church they link December 25th not to the birth of Jesus but to the Winter Solstice and the historical sun worship by pagan Romans. So Happy HO HO is more about TWI discrediting Catholics then honoring God.

-----

templelady shared some buzzwords.

Renewed mind, this term was the ultimate re-enforcer to plug those buzzwords back in, and learn new ones. When I was told to renew my mind it came to mean, think like "we" think.

spiritual trapdoor, this was a shocker to me, TWI teaches that in order for a person to get possessed the spirit has to enter a special doorway to the mind and body. TWI teaches that this doorway is shut when one is in fellowship, but at times when one is not in fellowship the door may open. Since TWI teaches they have the purest truth their way is the best way not to become possessed. This sets up a circular logic pattern in the mind leading to a phobia, I found myself seeking more and more truth going to more and more classes, reading more and more of the bible and really becoming deeply trapped by the "spiritual trapdoor". Then I went to the advanced class and Wierwille taught that seed of the serpent have their trapdoor wedged open.

meekness

five senses

oldman

-----

Lori talked about "Travel by two"

Two by two was originally a Way Corps concept most notably on LEAD. LCM seemed to want the whole ministry to live by corps principles, so in 1992 he made it standard for WOW's then in the late 90' for the whole ministry.

-----

Potato added,

Wrong

Decide or decision

In the Word

Weakness

-----

but now I see, gave us,

Luck or Good Luck

-----

SafariVista again with,

"Uphold the Standard of the Word"

"Clean House"

-----

Lori had more,

schedules

spiritually clean

-----

WhiteDove gave us a machine gun...

-----

Potato is on fire with more,

Reporting back

tricked

-----

templelady reviews the renewed mind

-----

Belle shares,

Miss it or "Where'd you miss it?"

"standing in the gap"

-----

WordWolf shares some words with us

-----

Twinky gives us this one,

Fortunately

-----

T-Bone with,

The integrity of The Word

-----

If I missed anything I'm sorry. let's keep this thing rolling.

Thanks for all the activity

Seth