GreaseSpot Cafe

J.E. Stiles The Gift of the Holy Spirit book

potato

20 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Rob's, you keep saying the same things over, and over.  I think you sound like a broken record.

Wasn't TWIG fellowship the same way?

30 minutes ago, waysider said:

I clicked on your website. It now presents the following message:

Hello World.

I can be found at GSC.

Are you the world? More importantly why do you need to remind yourself where you are?

Please tell me you're not one of those lizard people. Those dudes can be scary.

This should help you understand: Hello World Program No lizards here...

11 minutes ago, chockfull said:

I support people being individualists.  I mean the contrary isn't something we would want around here, where people are peer pressured to conform to certain viewpoints or leave.  In your criticism of me you said I was anti-way.  I think that is accurate currently.  I took issue with you thinking I would bristle at God being greater than any man.

Everyone here has to figure out what is baby and what is bathwater.  Or how to separate truth from error.  Or how to fulfill the verse that exhorts us to prove all things and hold fast that which is good I Th5:21 

I shouldn't have assumed you bristled at God being greater than man. You're right.

I didn't mean for it to be criticism when I said you are anti-way. Just said it because you are. It's pretty obvious. No big deal. Life goes on. I'm anti lot's of things myself.

27 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Rob's, JC was a kind, and thoughtful man.  I personally don't think you are at all like JC; I think JC would have ripped into you, and let you know that you are a hypocrite.

Jesus was certainly kind and thoughtful. He would have seen my heart without anti-vp specs. I think he would have liked me a lot. In fact, I know he would have. He would never have called me a hypocrite. I think that deep down you know that to be true. He would have liked you too.

rrobs, I read your life story you left back in (what happened to the post #'s).  Not sure why you wrote it on this thread.  

Didn't say anything about the kids or friends or family.  

I did google Children of God.

Still don't know what to do with Holy Spirit or holy spirit or why it's needed.

1 hour ago, rrobs said:

What must I do to be saved?

What must you do to be saved?

I will repeat what you told me on another thread when I asked you some honest questions – “you figure it out” !

However, since freedom to choose does afford you a wide variety of options –  you can figure that out from the religion / belief system of your choice.:rolleyes:

Edited by T-Bone

3 minutes ago, rrobs said:

I believe Jesus is NOT God, he's God's son. I also believe that God gave us the gift of holy spirit that we can manifest. To me, both points are crystal clear in the Bible.

Now there are some who believe like me that Jesus is not God. But as far as I've found, none of them believe in the manifestation of holy spirit. Likewise, there are some churches and  denominations who do manifest (that's a Bible term,not wayspeak) HS, but I've not found one of them that believe Jesus is the son of God. They want to make him God the son. So the best I see is one out of two. Two out of two is rare. I'm not saying that there is not a church or denomination that adheres to both of these two truths. Maybe there is, I just haven't found it.

So some do one and some the other, but I've not found any that do both. Those are pretty major doctrinal matters. If Jesus is mistaken for God, then I just don't believe any of the book could make any sense. It'd be like mixing up the two main characters in any story. Won't make any sense. That is why I don't have as much material as you might like to see from other sources. However, I do in fact have lot's of stuff from other people. Much more that VP. Maybe you missed it. Take off your "anti-vp" glasses and have another look. Can you get to all the links? If not, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. But only if you want to.

So with the Trinity issue / identity of HS and those topics, here is where the brainwashing effect is still going on.  I really don't think the Trinity issue is as cut and dried as VP tried to make it out - meaning he constructed some windmills to fight.  If you hunt around Doctrinal I think Steve Lortz has a thread on that covering a different aspect of the trinity viewpoint you might want to look at.  The God in Christ aspect may offer some balance to authority as well as identity.  I don't think mainstream Christians are as mixed up as you think they are.  Yes the Bible makes sense to them.  Yes they can communicate some aspects of it to you that you might not have considered before.

VP used the JCNG aspect to square off against mainstream Christianity and to separate himself off from others in the body of Christ.  That isolationist wrong doctrine and the absolute abomination of the "household" versus "body of Christ" teachings used polluted the minds of many where they could no longer be even comfortable sitting in a denominational or community church service.

So your Christian brother, who may be a bit hazy on which in the relationship to him he prays to - God or Jesus, and may not have 100% clear definitive language regarding pneuma hagion, now you are going to discount as "not making any sense" and evaluate as not worth interacting with in your local community?  Hey you want to hear something shocking?  Sometimes I talk to my Lord and Savior as well as praying to my Father.  Horrors.  Blasphemy.  I'm sure they can sort it out on the receiving channel.

Anyway I see the doctrines of the Way established in the thinking patterns of people hidden so they can't even see them.  The "household of God' teaching combined with the trinity teaching and the unique HS / hs stuff has people so looking down their nose at fellow Christians they think they can't learn anything from them.  Splinter Way people are literally living that verse "how can the hand say to the foot I have no need of thee"? without even seeing it in themselves.  That's what they are saying with the elitist attitude and flawed research techniques.

Anyway I'm talking in generalities here, not about your research library.  Yes I do see many of your links under "etc".  And the Step Bible is cool - a lot of external online links as well.  I would exhort you and others to expand out materials to include some of the things local degrees are offering in divinity masters and doctorates.  There's doctrinal stuff that's cool but there's also community stuff they are doing and implementing which is equally cool and in a different direction than we knew in the Way.  We do need the rest of the body of Christ.  

17 minutes ago, skyrider said:

So was.......Judas.

So I'm closer to Judas than Jesus? Am I misreading your reply? I don't want to make any assumptions.

It's amazing that had Judas stuck around, he would have been born again. That's how God is. Judas would have been as righteous as God himself. Too bad guilt got to him though.

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

What must you do to be saved?

I will repeat what you told me on another thread when I asked you some honest questions – “you figure it out” !

However, I will afford you a wide variety of options – figure that out from the religion / belief system of your choice.:rolleyes:

You and I will never get anywhere. Don't know if it's me, you, or a combination. Probably a combination. The results are the same in any case.

7 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

rrobs, I read your life story you left back in (what happened to the post #'s).  Not sure why you wrote it on this thread.  

Then ignore it.

2 minutes ago, rrobs said:

You and I will never get anywhere. Don't know if it's me, you, or a combination. Probably a combination. The results are the same in any case.

yup - you have a point there - probably because you and I have a different destination point in mind.

1 minute ago, Bolshevik said:

rrobs, So Children of God refer to the holy spirit as the "Dream Queen" or the "Holy Queen of Love".  http://www.eaec.org/cults/cog.htm

That's actually interesting.

Can you expound on that?

Well, given that I was with Children of God for one whole evening and never went back (I think I conveyed that in the post), I didn't get very much of their doctrine. And what little I did get is pretty much gone with the wind. I don't remember a thing really. More than 40 years ago. I honestly never knew much about them. Just know that their prayer is what caused me to believe unto righteousness.

25 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Well, holy spirit is not actually needed. It depends on what an individual wants out of life.

4 minutes ago, rrobs said:

Well, holy spirit is not actually needed. It depends on what an individual wants out of life.

Could you please state when it would be needed?  Is it for one reason or many?

1 hour ago, rrobs said:

Not suggesting they do. If I did I'd be a hypocrite because I walked away more than 30 years ago. Never been to a fellowship since then. It's up to each individual.

I have noticed I'm in the minority here. Hard to miss. But hey, so was Isaiah, Jeremiah, Jesus, Paul and a few others. To be clear, I'm not saying I'm Jesus. I just feel as though I'm in good company, that's all.

48 minutes ago, skyrider said:

So was.......Judas.

27 minutes ago, rrobs said:

So I'm closer to Judas than Jesus? Am I misreading your reply? I don't want to make any assumptions.

Yes.....you are misreading my reply.

Being "in the minority" isn't necessarily a good thing.......

...........you'd be IN THE MINORITY if you were heading down an eastbound interstate highway going west.  Drivers would honk, flash their lights, call 911 on their cellphones, helicopters would hover overhead and cars would swerve to AVOID YOUR RECKLESSNESS. 

Every driver would notice your presence........and yes, you'd be "in the minority" as a danger on the highway.

Buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz.....call the Orkin Man!! Fumigate this thread. Don't feed trolls. LMAO. Robson.....resistance is futile! You are the "spurchal" Borg. Watch out for all dem Debbil spurts! They're all around ya you know! Everything gives off something don'tchya know! Besides that horrible stench of lies, hypocrisy, and blatant self-delusion which oozes from your every plagiarized woid, you give off debbil spurt vibes.......LOL! You better start "all 9 all the time" for "real" now. Buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz.............you've been bitten by debbils! Bwaaaaahahahahaha!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rrobs said:

It's soooooo obvious that VP affects you waaaaaaaaaaay more than he affects me. You are positively obsessed with him. Admit it. You can't get VP out of your mind. Too bad.

It'll be interesting to learn what people think are my motives for blocking JBI. Already got one, and it wasn't even close.

yeah....I guess it’s a matter of one getting used to the smell; whenever someone comes to Grease Spot dumping a load of that oh so pungent drivel of wierwille bull$hit – you can bet the stink is rather odious if one hasn't been around it in a long time. :rolleyes:

Edited by T-Bone
clarity and hilarity
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Could you please state when it would be needed?  Is it for one reason or many?

1Cor 12:7,

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

If you want the profit, you need the hs. If you don't care about the profit, hs is not necessary.

Edited by rrobs
typo

18 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

yeah....I guess it’s a matter of one getting used to the smell; whenever someone comes to Grease Spot dumping a load of that oh so pungent drivel of wierwille bull$hit – you can bet the stink is rather odious if one hasn't been around it in a long time. :rolleyes:

Didn't you say you were an old guy somewhere? Never know from your responses. Very childish.

27 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Yes.....you are misreading my reply.

Being "in the minority" isn't necessarily a good thing.......

...........you'd be IN THE MINORITY if you were heading down an eastbound interstate highway going west.  Drivers would honk, flash their lights, call 911 on their cellphones, helicopters would hover overhead and cars would swerve to AVOID YOUR RECKLESSNESS. 

Every driver would notice your presence........and yes, you'd be "in the minority" as a danger on the highway.

True. It's not always a good thing to be in the minority. But in my case and in Jesus' case it is a very good thing.