GreaseSpot Cafe

Black Friday

Belle

Black Friday is almost upon us. Who gets up at the crack of dark to hit the stores? Who does it all online? Where's your favorite place to shop?

I like to find the most personal and unsuspected gifts for certain family members, especially the ones who are so hard to shop for. Usually that means online at unique spots:

Signature Days

Betty's Attic

Perpetual Kid

Make Your Own Stamps

Buy One Share of Stock for Someone

Things You Never Knew Existed

And this place will help you pick something out:

Find Gift Site

Thanks for sharing these sites. Usually I do not go out and shop on Black Friday. Something about lots of people in one place bothers me at this point in my life. BUT this Friday I will, with the aid of my mother, if she can do it I will try!

thanks for the sites, belle !

i love to find unique things

i usually do not shop on black friday due to traffic and crowds

i like to shop online because i'm lazy and you can just sit there and view all this stuff and click away

but there is also something to be said for seeing the product in your hand and of course getting it on time and not paying shipping

i really have to be in the mood to go to a mall

I do most of my Christmas shopping over the internet. It’s easier, quicker and a lot less nerve-wracking than my former practice of doing most of it two days before Christmas. I don’t like even driving near the local mass of shopping centers on Black Friday. After checking out www.blackfridayads.com and getting an e-mail flyer from Staples’, however, I’m considering a possible run at it, though I want nothing to do with the crush at and around Wal-Mart.

Edited by Cynic

I will be shopping at Mohammed's 5 & 10

This weeks specials are:

$2 Bootlegged movies

$4 for the 4 one one dvd

$12.50 Bootlegged cologne (olive oil base is optional)

$20.00 Bootlegged Nikes...do you see a pattern here?

and the best one is:

$2.00 for Windows 95 through Windows XP Pro with service packs

Oh, one more, Amira's Coffee Shop...$1.00 per pound of Starbucks House Blend

...and they don't take American Express :nono5:

Hey Belle, thanks for the links. After only a couple of minutes at the "Things You Never Knew Existed" site, I found the perfect joke gifts for my sister and niece in the "Monthly Doos" calendars. Pictures of beautiful scenery with dog doo in the foreground...they'll love it!

Well, bully for you, likeaneagle.

I went, I saw, I bought nothing -- though I was out before 5:30 AM.

There were more than 50 people in line outside Staples; seas of automobiles near Wal-Mart, Circuit City, and Dick’s Sporting Goods; a line (maybe lines) outside Radio Shack and/or the adjacent Office Max; a store full of briskly moving women (except for the dozen or so waiting at each register) at Goody’s; a line at Kohl’s that stretched from the front registers to the last side aisle, then westward nearly to the end of the store.

Phooey!

Edited by Cynic

After working some, I moseyed over to musty & cozy Cottonwood Books where I was the only customer. I enjoyed sharing my time between the shelves with the resident cat. I walked out with a nice 1880's set of Sir Walter Scott's Waverly novels for my daughter who is a fan of both Scott and old books.

Shopping, Pyle-style.

Oh, why's it gotta be black!? :biglaugh:

I'm with Medic, if you go shopping on Black Friday it should be done with the black market.

Best watch I ever had....an Armani from a guy in NYC for 10 bucks.

You can't beat that with a bat....

While soccer mom, racing for the same Fart on Me Elmo doll as you...

Or fighting back snot-nosed, pizza-faced, emo freaks for an XBox...

yeah, bats work for that.

Hope yall had that kind of fun today. Good Luck.

Well, I wasn't going to get out, but World Mar ket had one of my favorite wines on sale. Our beloved son (in whom I am usually pleased) likes the same wine, so I picked up extra for him. They only had two bottles left of T-Bone's fave, so I bought them. I had called ahead, so when I got there my order was at the front of the store so I only had to wait in line a minute.

After I got home, our sweet daughter and I watched Fried Green Tomatoes while T-Bone played on his computer. We had leftovers, walked the dogs, did laundry, watched the sunset...all made more wonderful by knowing that we still have a whole weekend before having to go back to work!

Oh yeah, the topic was Black Friday... :doh: