GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Angels with Fithly Souls.... :biglaugh:  not really a real movie...

New one:

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. 

What truth? 

There is no spoon. 

There is no spoon? 

Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. 

What truth? 

There is no spoon. 

There is no spoon? 

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?

You could say that. 

I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate?

No. 

Why not?

Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life. 

I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

What truth? 

There is no spoon. 

There is no spoon? 

I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?

You could say that. 

I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate?

No. 

Why not?

Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life. 

I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase. -

What vase? [He turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor] -

That vase. -

I'm sorry... -

I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it. -

How did you know? -

Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?

"For a second there, I actually thought you were gonna eat me."

"I don't eat junk food."

"Hey, what's your problem?"

"*You're* my problem."

"Well, I think you're stressed, and that's why you eat so much. I mean, it's hard to get fat on a vegan diet."

"I'm not fat. It's all this hair. It makes me look poofy."

"Fine. You have fat hair, but when you're ready to talk, I'm here."

Good guesses! Correct genre, correct era!

But wrong.

"Hey, he's wearing one of those baby thingies."

"So?"

"So, if he poops, where does it go?"

"[pause] Humans are disgusting."

"I don't know about you guys but we are the weirdest herd I've ever seen. "

"For a second there, I actually thought you were gonna eat me."

"I don't eat junk food."

"Hey, what's your problem?"

"*You're* my problem."

"Well, I think you're stressed, and that's why you eat so much. I mean, it's hard to get fat on a vegan diet."

"I'm not fat. It's all this hair. It makes me look poofy."

"Fine. You have fat hair, but when you're ready to talk, I'm here."

Sowee, been busy with work to check back and give another clue.

"What do you want legs for anyway? You don't do nothin but sit on the porch and drink whiskey."

"I like to kick a pig every once in a while. How would I do that?"

As Gus is dying, he looks at his best life long friend and says, "Uuoohhh, Woodrow it has been one hell of a party."

Am I, uhghin, not playing well with others? I can take it. Tell me.

One moe clue...

Another thing Gus said on his dying bed is:

"It is dangerous trying to write to two women. I'm so lightheaded I can't remember...which one... Here this one is for Laurie, and this is for Claire."

"It says "Josh Deets'. Served with me 30 years, fought in 21 engagements with the Comanche and the Kiowa. Cheeful in all weathers, never shirked a task. Splendid behavior. That's what it says."

If nobody gets it after this I will give the answer.

I never watched Lonesome Dove either, so I couldn't guess the origin...you'll find this is a very male dominated forum..most of the time. I've posted puzzles for Sex and the City, Jerry McGuire, etc, more female oriented programming, and they've sat here for days with no guesses either...

Lonesome Dove is a western about retired Texas Rangers Augustus McCrae and Woodrow Call. It is their lifelong friendship that captivates the storyline. Excellent, excellent dialogue.

It is a mini-series that was originally on television back in 1989, I think it was. The movie is 8 hours. I check it out from the library about every two years and watch it on a Saturday.

Here is another one.

"Imagine me needing someone. Back on Earth I never did. Oh, there were women. Lots of women. Lots of love making but no love. You see that's the kind of world we'd made. So I left, because there was no one to hold me there."

• 3 weeks later...

Sowwee, sometimes I get forget.

"And that completes my final report until we reach touchdown. We're now on full automatic, in the hands of the computers. I have tucked my crew in for the long sleep and I'll be joining them soon. In less than an hour we'll finish our sixth month out of Cape Kennedy."