GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Okay, I'll make it a little easier. So far, two quotes from two different supporting actors. This one also from a supporting actor, but more meaningful. (Dare I say, Good Luck!):

You wrote to me once, listing the four chief virtues: Wisdom, justice, fortitude and temperance. As I read the list, I knew I had none of them. But I have other virtues, father. Ambition. That can be a virtue when it drives us to excel. Resourcefulness, courage, perhaps not on the battlefield, but... there are many forms of courage. Devotion, to my family and to you. But none of my virtues were on your list. Even then it was as if you didn't want me for your son.

Very popular movie, but perhaps less than memorable quotes. Our hero also speaks in this flick and these three lines should finally russell up a new winner in this forum arena...

To my son - I tell him I will see him again soon. To keep his heels down while riding his horse. To my wife... that is not your business.

You can help me. Whatever comes out of these gates, we've got a better chance of survival if we work together. Do you understand? If we stay together we survive.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

This is an older movie. (Not older than I, though!)

"And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves."

"You and I have a tendency towards corpulence. Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic. Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?"

"The enemies of the state are known, arrests are being made, the prisons begin to fill."

George

"City Slickers"?

George

I can truly envision Billy Crystal (or his pals -or- "Curly") saying that as they reflected life's true meanings on the dusty trail...

but, nyet!

Add this to the pot:

"Fish, I love you and respect you very much. But I will kill you dead before the end of the day."

"Anyone can be a fisherman in May."

"Now is the time to think of only one thing. That which I was born for."

"Fish, I love you and respect you very much. But I will kill you dead before the end of the day."

"A man is never lost at sea."

El hinto: Hepburn snagged fisherman...

"He's a font of misplaced rage....Happiness for that gentleman, hurts."

"Make a move and the bunny gets it..."

no go, George...but good guess.

"I don't know how to tell you this...but we three white guys short. Or as they say in Ebonics, 'we be f***ed'"

"Are you sick?"

"Why do you ask?"

"You look sick."

"I am sick."

"Do you take medicine?"

"There is no medicine for what I have."