GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"She's obligated to one more book, and then we get a first-look at her next two."

"One more book. Good. How about an 80-page reminiscence of all the restaurants I've loved?"

"Well, whatever you say-there are no specifications in the contract."

"All right. I'll start eating out right now. You are a rarity, Mr Swinton- a lying man with a great taste in authors."

"Gary? Don't tell people you had a drop of tequila in your coffee this morning. You didn't HAVE coffee this morning."

"I've never loved anybody this way. Never looked at a woman and thought, 'if civilization fails, if the world ends, I'll still understand what God meant.' "

" 'Demoted', I think, is the word. I've been offered a choice between no job and a job no one would want."

"Tell them that we're leaving McCleesh House because we've heard that the new unofficial policy is to push everything that sells,

and-this will get them- bury anything that doesn't take off like a rocket. Tell them we've got enough investors to get it off the ground."

"Two things."

"Go."

"How many investors do we have?"

"I don't know-I haven't called anybody yet."

"But you want me to say it anyway."

"Yes."

"Second thing-is any of this true?"

"Not yet."

"You're my god."

"Life IS mystical. It's just that we are, we are USED to it."

"You'd rather be damned than die?"

"Damnation is not part of my system of beliefs."

"Power without guilt, love without doubt."

"I never loved Stewart. It was a mistake Will. I'm going to talk to him. Stewart, never for one moment, mentioned he loved me."

"You think that makes it better? To betray me over and over again with a man that meant nothing to you? To know you betrayed me for nothing?"

"Don't be a smug..."

"Don't touch me! And Keep Away."

Yes.

Run home, Jack: pirates don't know baseball. They're rooting for Jack to hit a home run, but screwed up.

Bad form! Jack chastises Hook with one of Hook's own catchphrases.

"Oh there you are, Peter..."

That's my favorite line of the movie: the one lost boy finally recognizes Peter by stretching his face.

I'm possibly the only one who thinks of J. Wellington Wimpy, Popeye's pal, when watching this movie.

I know I don't. (I guess there is sort of a "I will gladly pay you Tuesday..." theme, though.)

Other people think about Chicago, for equally vague reasons.

(Since Chicago doesn't appear in this movie.)

Not I.

Not the city, not the song, not the movie.

And I grew up there!

George

Apparently, LOTS of people joke about Captain Harriman, and what Cameron Frye

("Ferris Buehler's Day Off") is doing in charge of the Enterprise.

Michael Okuda HIMSELF wrote up John Harriman's biographical file for the

game "ST: Starship Creator". It says he has a wife named Sloane, a son named

Ferris, they live in Chicago, and he likes 20th century Italian sportscars.

("Chicka-chicka.")

Okuda has a bigger sense of humor than I expected.

Harriman's also appeared in 3 novels. 2 of those appearances were written by

Peter David. This DOESN'T surprise me. I've known Peter David to have a wacky sense

of humor for some time now.

Ah.

chicka chickahhhh. ohhhh yeah.

Next!

"I took a shower washing every body part with actual soap; including all my major crevices; including in between my toes and in my belly button which I never did before but sort of enjoyed. I washed my hair with adult formula shampoo and used cream rinse for that just-washed shine. I can't seem to find my toothbrush, so I'll pick one up when I go out today. Other than that, I'm in good shape."

"Hey! I tell you what I'm gonna give you, Snakes. I'm gonna give you to the count of 10 to get your ugly, yellow, no-good keister off my property before I pump your guts full of lead! One, two, ten!"