GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"It doesn't make sense. I mean what happened. It had nothing to do with the Clutters. They never hurt me. They just happened to be there. I thought Mr. Clutter was a very nice gentleman... I thought so right up to the time I cut his throat."

"Someday, somebody will explain to me the motive of a newspaper. First, you scream, "Find the bastards." Till we find them, you want to get us fired. When we find them, you accuse us of brutality. Before we go into court, you give them a trial by newspaper. When we finally get a conviction, you want to save them by proving they were crazy in the first place."

George

"When you hit the end of the rope... your muscles lose control. I'm afraid I'll mess myself."

"It's nothing to be ashamed of. They all do it."

"They say Nancy's boyfriend is the prime suspect."

"Is that what they say?"

"Well, he was the last one to see them alive."

"Except for the killers."

"It doesn't make sense. I mean what happened. It had nothing to do with the Clutters. They never hurt me. They just happened to be there. I thought Mr. Clutter was a very nice gentleman... I thought so right up to the time I cut his throat."

"Someday, somebody will explain to me the motive of a newspaper. First, you scream, "Find the bastards." Till we find them, you want to get us fired. When we find them, you accuse us of brutality. Before we go into court, you give them a trial by newspaper. When we finally get a conviction, you want to save them by proving they were crazy in the first place."

George

All three movies covered the same ground. In Cold Blood was a movie made from the novel by Truman Capote. The other two movies were about the writing of the novel (an early example of the true-crime genre).

But then, you knew that.

New movie:

"Where's my cake? I want my cake! Where's my cake, Bedelia? Where's my Father's Day cake?"

*checks the IMdB page for "Creepshow."

Ok, that was correct.

Let's move this along.

======================

"You'll forgive my impertinence, but even though we have never before met, I have always considered you as a father to me."

"You've gotta admit, they really do love him."

"Yeah, almost as much as he loves himself."

"You'll forgive my impertinence, but even though we have never before met, I have always considered you as a father to me."

"You've gotta admit, they really do love him."

"Yeah, almost as much as he loves himself."

"It doesn't take a great actor to recognize a bad one."

"Wonderful.

You have all done far greater damage than I ever could have. Bravo!"

"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child."

Of course. "Galaxy Quest."

My favorite line, though I didn't even pick it up until about the third time I saw the film was when the crew is fleeing the little monster creatures, and Sigourney weaver yells, "Run, before they kill Guy!"

:)

George

That's one of so many good quotes. I was thinking of using it.

I also like

"Where are you going with those fireworks?"

"Well the 'Protector' got super-accelerated coming out of the black hole and just, like, nailed the atmosphere at Mach fifteen, which, you guys know, is pretty unstable obviously, so we're gonna help Laredo guide it on the vox ultra-frequency carrier and use Roman candles for visual confirmation."

"Uh, alright. Dinner's at seven.

Well, at least he's outside."

Edited by WordWolf

My favorite scene is where Tony Shaloob is making out with the squid-girl in the elevator which really grosses out Guy incredibly, as he watches her from the hallway, as she expands into her true form.

Good choice WordWolf, I recognize the dialog now!

Edited by now I see

"You're very good. With your hands. I could use someone like you on my staff."

"Thanks for the offer but my hands aren't going anywhere near your staff."

"How about Thursday?"

"Thursday is my FAVORITE day!"

"I'll get tickets."

"I LOVE tickets!"

"What do you know, a guy who speaks Natalie."

George

"What do you call this?"

"Chinese fighting muffin."

"That's not funny. A friend of mine took a fighting muffin in the chest; they sent him home in four Ziploc bags."

"Jason, I haven't been honest with you; I'm not a bikini waxer!"

"How about Thursday?"

"I'll get tickets."

"I LOVE tickets!"

George

This should give it away.

"Starfish, I would just like to say that I'm honored, honored to see you taking an interest in my work and I also think you're very pretty and... (sees girls getting scuba gear on) Starfish? Where are you going? Starfish are you going swimming? Where are you going? Where are you going again Starfish? Was it the Chad?"

"No the Chad was great."

"The Chad was great."

"Oh, my God, you're hit!"

"No, it's nothing. I mean the squibs hurt a little when they go off but... what happened to my trailer?"

"Were you in there while that happened? I mean, look at it!"

"Jason, I haven't been completely honest with you. I'm not a bikini waxer."

"Bummer. I mean... that was kind of a turn on."

"What do you call this?"

"Chinese fighting muffin."

"That's not funny. A friend of mine took a fighting muffin in the chest; they sent him home in four Ziploc bags."

"How about Thursday?"

"I'll get tickets."

"I LOVE tickets!"

George

"He must have been king of the Wicker People."

"It's Japanese."

"How do you know?"

"Because I bought it in Japan."

"I've been dead once already. It's very liberating. You should think of it as, uh... therapy."

"Batman" (the first Michael Keaton one)

The second exchange was Alexander Knox and Vicki Vale commenting on Bruce Wayne's statuary, when Bruce joins in.

The first I don't recognize, oddly enough. I suspect it's the Joker, but speaking to whom, I'm not sure.

George