GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"Neither of their deaths fit their personalities. According to his obituary, Bobster was a happy man, content with his life, his career, his family. Why would he commit suicide? He didn't even leave a note. And Reverend Nesbitt is described by friends as "warm, loving, peaceful." And yet the carriage driver insists that he was crazed, insane, in a state of panic when he ran out into the street."

"...A mere fluctuation of character is hardly sufficient evidence to begin an investigation. And if you want my advice, you'll keep your nose out of the Times and into your schoolbooks."

The bear is white, by the way, because the only room with an all-southern view would have to be at the north pole, thus, it's a polar bear.

Unless, of course, you only have windows on one side of your house.

This movie had a lot of great lines, but I doubt I could post most of them here. These will have to do:

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."

"Why didn't you call the police?"

"Well you know, I prayed for them to come but nobody answered."

"I don't care about him."

"You hang out with him, you teach him to fix things, you saved him from that f---ed cousin of ours."

"Watch your language, lady."

"And you're a better man to him than our own father was. You're a good man."

"Yeah, well, you were blowing it with that girl who was there. Not that I give two sh--s about a toad like you."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"You're wrong, eggroll, I know exactly what I'm talking about. I may not be the most pleasant person to be around, but I got the best woman who was ever on this planet to marry me. I worked at it, it was the best thing ever happened to me. Hands down. But you, you know, you're letting Click-Clack, Ding-Dong and Charlie Chan just walk out with Miss What's-her-face. She likes you, you know? Though I don't know why!"

George

"What would I want?"

"I don't know... Your wife's already gone through all of your mother's jewelry."

1 "Now you just gotta learn how guys talk. You just listen to the way Martin and I batter it back and forth. You OK? You're ready?"

2 "Sure."

1 "Alright, let's go in....

3 "Perfect! a Polack AND a Chink!"

1 "How ya doin' Martin, you crazy Italian prick?"

3 "Walt! You cheap bastard! I should have known you'd come in, I was having such a pleasant day!"

1 "What'd you do? Jew some poor blind guy out of his money? Gave him the wrong change?"

3 "Who's the nip?"

1 "Oh .... He's a ***** kid from next door. I'm trying to man him up a little bit."

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."

"You hang out with him, you teach him to fix things, you saved him from that f---ed cousin of ours."

"I'm not a good man. Get me another beer, Dragon Lady. This one's empty."

"Yeah, well, you were blowing it with that girl who was there. Not that I give two sh--s about a toad like you."

"You're wrong, eggroll, I know exactly what I'm talking about. I may not be the most pleasant person to be around, but I got the best woman who was ever on this planet to marry me. I worked at it, it was the best thing ever happened to me. Hands down. But you, you know, you're letting Click-Clack, Ding-Dong and Charlie Chan just walk out with Miss What's-her-face. She likes you, you know? Though I don't know why!"

George

• 2 weeks later...

"I didn't save anybody. I just, I kept a bunch of jabbering gooks off my lawn, that's all."

"Shut up, *****. What is all this "bro" s---, anyway? You wanna be Super Spade or something? These guys don't wanna be your bro and I don't blame them. Now get your ofay Paddy foot on down the road."

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph. These Hmong broads are like badgers. "

"What would I want?"

"I don't know... Your wife's already gone through all of your mother's jewelry."

1 "Now you just gotta learn how guys talk. You just listen to the way Martin and I batter it back and forth. You OK? You're ready?"

2 "Sure."

1 "Alright, let's go in....

3 "Perfect! a Polack AND a Chink!"

1 "How ya doin' Martin, you crazy Italian prick?"

3 "Walt! You cheap bastard! I should have known you'd come in, I was having such a pleasant day!"

1 "What'd you do? Jew some poor blind guy out of his money? Gave him the wrong change?"

3 "Who's the nip?"

1 "Oh .... He's a ***** kid from next door. I'm trying to man him up a little bit."

"I'm not a good man. Get me another beer, Dragon Lady. This one's empty."

George

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The circus performers line threw me.

"The Princess Bride."

George

Yes.

These were all quotes from fairly early in "the Princess Bride."

Here's where they were said.

"We are but poor, lost circus performers. Is there a village nearby?"

Vizzini's first line to the princess, before abducting her.

"I wonder if he's using the same wind we are using."

Inigo Montoya, wondering about the ship behind them that kept gaining on them over time.

"Did I make it clear that your JOB is at stake?"

Vizzini yelling at Fezzik, about how much faster he wanted to move up the Cliffs of Insanity/

"He has very good arms."

Fezzik, when seeing the Man in Black managed to get handholds once the rope was cut.

"You are wonderful!"

"Thank you. I've worked hard to become so."

Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black.

Edited by WordWolf

"Well, whaddya think?"

"I'm not sure, what do you think?"

"I've got a bad feeling about him."

"You do?"

"Yeah, definitely. Don't you?"

"Don't suppose you have any idea what the damn thing is, huh?"

"Wish to hell we did."

"I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."

George

• 3 weeks later...

"Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over."

"Eighteen months ago the first evidence of intelligent life off the Earth was discovered. It was buried 40 feet below the lunar surface near the crater Tycho."

"Well, whaddya think?"

"You do?"

"Wish to hell we did."

"I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."

George

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought that my last post made this prety obvious, but this should do it:

"Hello, HAL. Do you read me, HAL?"

"Affirmative, Dave. I read you."

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

"What's the problem?"

"I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."

"What are you talking about, HAL?"

"This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it."

"I don't know what you're talking about, HAL."

"I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen."

"Where the hell'd you get that idea, HAL?"

"Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move."

"Alright, HAL. I'll go in through the emergency airlock."

"Without your space helmet, Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult."

"HAL, I won't argue with you anymore. Open the doors."

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."

"Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over."

"Eighteen months ago the first evidence of intelligent life off the Earth was discovered. It was buried 40 feet below the lunar surface near the crater Tycho."

"Well, whaddya think?"

"You do?"

"Wish to hell we did."

George

2001 A Space Odyssey

Next:

"Well, Bret, you know what we ended up with? A half a million dollar silk shirt."

"Nope, we ended up with a quarter million dollar silk shirt, because my old pappy always used to say "Don't put the chicken in front of"... no, wait "Never cut the cards before"... no, wait, "Don't put all you eggs in one basket"."

"Now that, I said."