GreaseSpot Cafe

Google Ads

pawtucket

I am testing this out to see if this can make a little revenue flow. While I appreciate the donations that you all have sent, this might be a way to generate revenue.

This is just an experiment. If it seems to affect the experience of the Cafe, I will remove them.

Edited by pawtucket

Two words: Coffee Cups!

Tell GT to get off his butt and help finish the new site. ;)

Looks like it's not his butt he's laying on. :biglaugh:

Coffee cups are cool, but may be expensive to ship. Aprons and plastic cups are cheap and, well, I'm a cheap kinda gal. :redface2:

Mama scoured the bleachers at the last MSU basketball game to collect plastic 'to go' cups for my little brother and me. We used to HATE feeling like white trash picking up discarded cups when we were younger, but boy-oh-boy were we excited to see she had a fresh stack for us at Christmas!

I even brought back a big one from OBY'S - best DANG Restaurant in the world, imo. When I go home it's not "are" we gonna eat at Oby's but "when". I have yet to find a place in Orlando that can make a Po Boy the way Oby's can. Having those cups from home are not only functional but serve as great conversation starters and reminders of great memories for me.

Okay, I'm rambling and probably a little "too attached" and excited about my plastic cup collection..... I'll shut up now.

On another board, there is an option of becoming a contributing member. It costs $20 a year, or $2.50 a month. With that you get really cool benefits, like your user name in color!!! Along with a contributing member designation. I sure would send money to Greasespot if I could get my name in color here!

OK, I would probably send money to Greasespot anyway, but I have no idea where, or how. Is there a thread on that somewhere?

BTW, the ads are pretty fun! I like how they advertise whatever topic I'm reading about.

should we click or do something to make those ads bring in more buckaroos

No. Advertisers do not like paying for false clicks and they should not have to.

Only click on an add if it actually interests you.

did someone say the ads relate to what they're posting about ? or am i crazy ?

when i was posting, i saw urine-off

?????

oooooooooh i like catholic vs. protestants and prayer ringtones !!!!!!

I said that. Like on this topic, the ads are for Google Adsense, and other ad services. Now that I'm posting, the ads have the word "portal" in them. I'm guessing because of the IPB Portal on top. But urine off? LOL! I don't know about that one.

Edited by VeganXTC

Coffee Cups, great I'll buy. T-shirts and sweatshirts, yes, send me the price list so I can shop now! :jump:

Wow! I didn't know there was a GreaseSpot Store! I'd like some stuff for my car, like a magnet, or those flags, or a GreaseSpot Bumper Sticker. And I'm with Belle. I could use an apron, with pockets.

What does the new logo look like? Is there a color scheme?