GreaseSpot Cafe

My Last Way-Date

Eagle

I'm married to a wonderful woman now who never was a part of the Way but experienced legalism and fear in a small Methodist church and left.

If I remember some of my Way-Dates, one in particular came to mind. She was in the Corps, I was going in later. She was also a total babe. I picked up my date to bring her to dinner one night and the following occurred:

1. She said I was not wearing a hat. (Because it was about 55 degrees and it wasn't that cold.)

2. She said there was dust on my dashboard. (Not a lot, but thanks for noticing...)

3. A lecture for not including the BOT in our Twig prayer time. (Thought the MOG was already covered)

4. My believing was down and not in alignment with God because my car had a gas-guzzling problem.

5. I complimented her appearance. She thanked me and criticized my wearing jeans. (great-looking jeans, too)

6. She asked me about my job and income. I was working for another believer getting paid very little. Kind of personal asking my income. What for? Only a future wife needs to know that.

7. She asked me to increase my sponsorship to her in the Corps to help "build my believing". She was receiving $100.00 from me every time tuition came due. She wanted $200.00.

8. I told her I doubted I could afford that much.

9. My believing was terrible.

10. I told her her believing was worse, asking someone else for money anyway.

11. I was possessed she said.

12. My head didn't spin around, but my car did, and my anger got the best of me.

13. She asked me to slow down. She was afraid.

14. Fear is of the adversary, I said. But I slowed down.

15. I dropped her off at home. No date. She said I wasn't worthy of her because I was full of so many doubts.

16. I told her she was right, one of them being I doubted I would ever ask her out again.

17. I drove off. I never did ask her out again, though I saw her at the Rock. She smiled and came my way. She was going to talk to me again. I ran. After that I never saw her again. Last I heard, she was still in TWI.

Edited by Eagle

No, nandon, didn't get laid.

Was thinking about it of course, like any horny guy. I think either I forgot about sex or changed my mind about it about the time she said I was having spiritual problems for not giving her more money. Then the possessed thing...somehow these things kind of kill the mood.

Screw the mood...I wanted out...

Actually, around that time I was not looking to have sex with these women but couldn't help thinking about it. I honestly was trying to "save" myself for marriage after so many years in TWI, though TWI never taught me anything like that. I was dating to see if I could have relationships. Then think about getting married. Somehow, this one blew a fuse on the way to the restaurant. Had to get out fast.

I could just imagine now marrying THAT one.

"Honey," she would say after our first born..."our child isn't cute enough or up to the standards of the BOT. He is possessed. We need to cast out devil spirits so he can be cuter... this is because you didn't believe for a cuter child..."

I do remember later going to a hick bar not too far from Delaware, Ohio and dancing with a bunch of well..drunker women...

Still didn't get laid because I didn't ask. But it was a blast! For some reason, I could talk to them about anything...and they would say stuff like..."you poor baby" and "I like those jeans..."

At least somebody liked my jeans.

Edited by Eagle

7. She asked me to increase my sponsorship to her in the Corps to help "build my believing". She was receiving $100.00 from me every time tuition came due. She wanted $200.00.

8. I told her I doubted I could afford that much.

9. My believing was terrible.

10. I told her her believing was worse, asking someone else for money anyway.

11. I was possessed she said.

12. My head didn't spin around, but my car did, and my anger got the best of me.

13. She asked me to slow down. She was afraid.

14. Fear is of the adversary, I said. But I slowed down.

15. I dropped her off at home. No date. She said I wasn't worthy of her because I was full of so many doubts.

16. I told her she was right, one of them being I doubted I would ever ask her out again.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

What were we told?? Answer a question with a question??

I think answer an accusation with an accusation is better!!

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

:eusa_clap:

Well, it sounds like your innards gave you the skinnards! Sounds like the best thing was for you to run. Glad you did! Who knows you might have ended up with a tragic story like so many here....

That was one of the best parts, dude! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Eagle, good on ya mate to have excused yourself from a first date impression. After two years you would have been henpecked without a spine to get out of that relationship. I spent times with girls in the ninth Corps that was to harsh for me. I just went on I am better now.

Fellowshipper -- hopefully you aren't referring to any of the ladies in the Mighty Ninth Corps Thread!!

:biglaugh:

(edited for my incoy-rect speeling --) :(

Edited by dmiller

No, nandon, didn't get laid.

Was thinking about it of course, like any horny guy. I think either I forgot about sex or changed my mind about it about the time she said I was having spiritual problems for not giving her more money. Then the possessed thing...somehow these things kind of kill the mood.

The Eagle has landed – oops – change that – the Eagle did a fly-by…Really enjoyed your post, Eagle – a hilarious incident – thanks!

I do remember later going to a hick bar not too far from Delaware, Ohio and dancing with a bunch of well..drunker women...

Still didn't get laid because I didn't ask. But it was a blast! For some reason, I could talk to them about anything...and they would say stuff like..."you poor baby" and "I like those jeans..."

At least somebody liked my jeans.

:jump:

Eagle... I'm rolling on the floor Dude!!!!

I have to say, however....

like any horny guy. I think either I forgot about sex or changed my mind about it about the time she said I was having spiritual problems for not giving her more money. Then the possessed thing...somehow these things kind of kill the mood.

Just HOW BAD does it have to be for a stone cold babe to get a typically horny guy to STOP thinking about SEX????

Wow.

Where is your reality show camera crew when you need 'em...?

Lots of guys would have been saying in those thought bubble things after each point, stuff like,

"I can't give you more money but we can still have sex...."

"Being possessed only enhances my sexual performance..."

AND... when you dropped her off at her place....

"I'll forgive you if you have sex w/me."

Glad you've recovering from such a mind altering experience.

Fellowshipper,

Sounds like you have a good one to share, too. As for after that abbreviated "date", for the next few nights I did hang around that bar. During the days, though, I walked around like I had Tourettes Syndrome. My eyes blinking hard, my head and neck jerking a little, and sentences with a blurted out string of cuss words I never used before.

Why was this babe such a critic? I don't know. I found myself attracted to non-babes, because after that encounter, the non-babes became babes. I mean, I found drunk middle-aged hillbilly women attractive without even being drunk.

Therapy might have helped, but I never went. I don't know. Is there such a diagnosis as PTDS?

(Post-Traumatic Date Syndrome)

HCW,

I like your ideas. I wish I had been all together in mind and spirit to say those things and score! Unfortunately, I was possessed...

Edited by Eagle

... I like your ideas. I wish I had been all together in mind and spirit to say those things and score! Unfortunately, I was possessed...

Interesting choice of words Eagle.

Even though I know you're mostly kidding about "being possessed" (and you actually weren't in the manner she meant). These days I'm thinking there is an insideous grain of truth to that whole "possessed" thing.

In the denotative meaning being occupied and controlled by an evil spirit being is what they're talking about. With a veiled elliptical meaning of "you MUST be CRAZY not to think as we (TWIts) do." What else on earth could explain WHY we just don't follow along with the TWI thinking??? Seeing as THEY are certainly "right," and we're not clinically insane, we MUST be possessed not to follow along w/ them.

Right?

At least that's how THEY see things.

In reality I'm thinking we were all at least somewhat "possessed," as in held by and controlled by "TWI" - - its concepts, speech and behavior patterns pulled us in - way beyond simple free will "involvement" in an organization.

I mean, we all, as people, have rules and morals that we consciously adhere to.

The moral rules (as in man laws) regarding "typically horny guys" dealing w/ babes demand that said horny guy stop at NOTHING in attempt to get laid by the aforementioned hottie. In the real world one could actually lose his membership card for the team of "typically horny guys" by purposefully abandoning the quest to get laid when on an actual date w/a babe.

Therefore, I concur, you actually were possessed.

By waybrain.

All kidding aside, the more and more I think about the stuff I/we did while involved; I'm seeing a pattern of behavior that leads me to the following conclusion:

If TWI was ever actually good, why all the control crap?

The pattern I see is where people's brains actually "lock up" in certain situations and we make what we feel at the time is a conscious free will decision that is "all our own." BUT. The decision we make is according to what "TWI" would have us do (or at least it's contrary to what WE would "normally" do) in the situation. The deeper "IN" we are, the more closely the decision aligns with THEIR will.

I think this stuff actually damages people's brains. The babe was obviously "in" much deeper than you.

KUDOS to you Eagle. You were obviously still sane enough and not IN far enough that you saw the clearly INSANE nature of her comments.

Man law (in the chapter which inspired the movie "Fatal Attraction") also clearly states that one is excused from the obligation to seek to lay even the hottest (under any standard of "babedom") babe IF said babe would be found CRAZY by any two or more typical guys.

You're safe. I move that your membership is intact and you are still in good standing.

Any opposed?

Amen Kevlar

Edited by HCW