GreaseSpot Cafe

Swingers

Dot Matrix

Swingers

I do not mean cheating. I do not mean an open marriage where you date. I mean where you swap partners or go to a “hang out” and share one another.

I think if you are going to do that then why be married? And I don’t think you can do that and be a practicing Christian. Is it cheating? If both people agree should it be accepted?

Here:

http://www.swinglifestyle.com/

Of course the "shagedelic swinging sixties" followed and once again the term "swinger" took on a new, cartoon-type of character. Towards the end of the 60's, swinger clubs started to form. Publications were printed and different forms of alternative relationships like swinging, polyamory and communal living started to show up.

It wasn't long before the 70's and rumors of "key parties" and "wife swappers" became the common explanation of the "new swingers." Again, sexist overtones dominated the "swinger" scene, the very term "wife swapper" implies that the man owns his wife and can trade her at will for another partner.

The 80's saw a surge of new clubs forming until the AIDS scare forced many swingers underground and many clubs closed or dropped in membership. Eventually, swinging became a lot more open, clubs rebounded and national conventions like Lifestyles in California and Las Vegas gained in popularity and thousands of couples came to meet other open minded couples. "Recreational swinging" became a powerful economic factor, in fact it became an industry. Today, you can find articles on "swinging" in Time magazine, the New York Times, Details, on HBO, MTV, Showtime, VH1 and most national and local newscasts, newspapers and magazines

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny story.

My wife and I met swing dancing...more specifically lindyhopping, hence the screen name.

Anyways, we all used to refer to it as "swinging," as in, "we'er going out swinging tonight."

Well, when I was really getting into it I lived in an apartment complex and I always ran into this young woman at the mailbox. We would talk and I was probably trying to get her to come to fellowship, but at some point I had told her that I was a swingdancer and she said she had some friends in Philly that were into it and blah blah blah.

Well, weeks went by and I saw her again on a Friday and started discussing our weekend plans and I told her I was "going out swingin." She got kind of a funny look on her face and said "really!?" I was a little puzzeled and "said yeah remember how we were talking about this a few weeks ago?" Well, apparently she had forgotten and I wasn't picking up on what she was thinking there for a while and reminded her that she said were really into it. Of course the word dancing didn't come to mind for a while and the look on her face was just priceless. Her neighbor some sex freak, who would have known. We both cracked up once we understood eachother.

Anyways,

I think if you are going to do that then why be married? And I don’t think you can do that and be a practicing Christian. Is it cheating? If both people agree should it be accepted?

I think that if everyone is very clear, all parties involved then do what want. I think it takes a rare couple to pull that off. I don't think it would be cheating either because in my mind, the hurtful part of cheating is the betrayal, the deceiving, the lying.

OT kings slept with a lot of women. They had harems. I would think that would have been even worse since many of those women really didn't have any choice.

Monogamy seems to be much more of a cultural issue than a right vs. wrong issue. Then again many of the polygamist cultures and religions I know don't give the women much choice either. That is obviously not good.

There is also the biological side to the idea of monogamy vs. polygamy, but it leaves morality out of the picture.

Funny you should mention this today, Dot. I just heard at work that a building a few doors down from my office, owned by our buiilding's owner, is soon going to house a "swinger's club." Greaaaaaaaaaaat. We already have 100+ sex offenders at the men's shelter down the street the other direction, now we're going to have pairs of pervs prowling. Ewwwww. Double ewwwww.

lindy, maybe it's not technically cheating, but it's disgusting--at least to me. It makes a mockery of marriage and creeps me right out.

What seems funny to me is that many times some of these swinging couples really shouldnt be swinging, if you get my drift.

Reminds me of a funny story..well sort of, well it wasnt funny at the time. When I was 16, my sister, who is 10 years my senior, and her husband flew me (yes, we rented an airplane and flew there, normal for us) to a French island in the Caribbean. I was totally innocent to what was going to happen. We checked into a hotel, the details are sketchy since it was so long ago, but I do remember that we didnt go into a normal hotel but instead walked out to the beach and went into bungalows. I put on my bathing suit and walked to the bar area. To my surprise, everyone was naked! Excpet me, of course. We were in a nude colony! My sister had not mentioned this to me and I had no clue until I saw everyone there naked. I was embarrassed and furious at my sister that she had taken me there without my consent. I spent the rest of the day out on the ocean on a little pier they had floating out there.

So anyway, you would think that you would find gorgeous girls there with bombshell bodies in a nude colony. Nope, a whole bunch of old wrinkled men, or overweight women that were better off leaving their bathing suits on.

Probably the same situtation with swingers, you think?

Edited by Ex_16th_MB

Sultans Of Swing - Dire Straits

You get a shiver in the dark

It's been raining in the park but meantime

South of the river you stop and you hold everything

A band is blowing Dixie double four time

You feel all right when you hear that music ring

You step inside but you don't see too many faces

Coming in out of the rain to hear the jazz go down

Too much competition too many other places

But not too many horns can make that sound

Way on downsouth way on downsouth London town

You check out Guitar George he knows all the chords

Mind he's strictly rhythm he doesn't want to make it cry or

sing

And an old guitar is all he can afford

When he gets up under the lights to play his thing

And Harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene

He's got a daytime job he's doing alright

He can play honky tonk just like anything

Saving it up for Friday night

With the Sultans with the Sultans of Swing

Amd a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the

corner

Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform

soles

They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band

It ain't what they call rock and roll

And the Sultans played Creole

And then the man he steps right up to the microphone

And says at last just as the time bell rings

'Thank you goodnight now it's time to go home'

and he makes it fast with one more thing

'We are the Sultans of Swing'

Anyways,<BR>[quote]<STRONG>I think if you are going to do that then why be married? And I don't think you can do that and be a practicing Christian. Is it cheating? If both people agree should it be accepted?[/quote]<BR><BR>I think that if everyone is very clear, all parties involved then do what want. I think it takes a rare couple to pull that off. I don't think it would be cheating either because in my mind, the hurtful part of cheating is the betrayal, the deceiving, the lying. <BR><BR>OT kings slept with a lot of women. They had harems. I would think that would have been even worse since many of those women really didn't have any choice.

That is exactly what the BOD and others in the higher echelons of twi think and act. You DO realize that don't you. Maybe you didn't know that! Well you know it now.

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU?

And I know whereof I speak too. My parents were swingers when I was a little girl. If this is the lifestyle you chose, be careful what you say in front of your kids, because they are not too young to understand - they do figure it out. When I was about 4 I was put to bed behind a locked door and my father said they were going to play adult games. By the time I was 4 1/2 I had it all figured out. And later when they are older, they won't trust you because they know what the truth is! They know that your mouth doesn't line up with your actions.

But if you're going to do it anyway - make sure that you don't take pictures, or if you do, don't leave the negatives in your safe deposit boxes so that when your adult children have to clean them out upon your death that they find them! At least my brother never knew about it because I was the only one who could get into those things.

It's not for me or my wife.

We've been married 20+ years and we're happy with each other in most ways, but especially in terms of our sexual relations. Setting aside the moral issues, I just see a lot more potential problems than benefits.

:redface2::redface2: Well I have to say this is an interesting subject. I think couples have a right to choose what lifestyle they want. I totally agree with lindyhopper. This is a personal decision as a couple. Who is to say what is right or wrong. It may gross certain individuals out but its still their right to do what they want.

Ok I'm going to say this and come what may.......

Lighten up and have fun... :biglaugh::redface2:

Where is the spanking going on? Oops wrong subject.... :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Having had a father that supported and participated in it -- as a daughter it disgusted me...And that was not all there was to it...the line was pushed further and further towards his selfish desires and he very clearly forgot he even was a father....

people can do it all they want...but wait till your kids grow up for crying out loud....

Edited by washingtonweather

Look I'm sorry that happened to you but it doesn't make this subject right or wrong. There is a line to everything in life. All I'm saying is that it may be wrong for you but someone else may be within the line and its ok.

You have your opinion I have mine. All I meant to say is lets lighten up and not be so judgmental. Your parents were out of line but that doesn't mean that all swingers are like your parents.

Funny Tom - different balls involved

Lindy - Good Story

I once had a completely weird couple give me their card and ask if I wanted to swing --- NO!

Then, my sister's father in law asked me if I was interested as he and his wife do a little singing and swapping.... Gross me out...

It has to be a purely sexual thing I guess...

Edited by Dot Matrix

Kinda like the nudey camps. My Dad's best friend was always living in nudey places after he retired. Bunch of old wrinkled people walking around with towels to sit on.

They were also swingers. He was a rich pig. My Dad was his best friend and he asked my sister if he could set her up in an apt. at the age of 19. He'd pay for everything and she's only have to be there on Wednesdays for him.... She could use the apartment the rest of the week and see whomever... My Dad's best friend.... pig...

Edited by Dot Matrix