GreaseSpot Cafe

New Book Out Debating TWI Doctrine and Other Controversial Christian Issues

Eagle

A while back there was a thread asking if anyone had written a book. I replied that I had and would let everyone know when the book is ready for ordering. Well, it is ready. The updated version is available on Amazon.com.

The title of the book is The Genesis Pursuit: The Lost History of Jesus Christ. The author is Stephen J. Spencer (Eagle...)

http://www.genesispursuit.com

post-299-1170913010_thumb.jpg

Chief among debated doctrines are TWIs Fall of Man and Original Sin, The Seed of the Serpent, The Unforgivable Sin, who "Lucifer" really was, The "Four" Crucified Theory, The "Six" Debnials by Peter Theory, explaining the discrepancy on the Woman Caught in Adultery, Christians being Possessed, The Lamb of the First Year, and the Da Vinci Code, a throw in because the rebuttal to it matches up with the Genesis research.

If you are interested, it is on Amazon.com.

The actual URL to Amazon for the book is: The Genesis Pursuit: The Lost History of Jesus Christir?t=greascafe-20&l=as2&o=1&a=1597814970

God's Best to you all.

Eagle

post-299-1170912057_thumb.jpg

Edited by GreasyTech

Thanks, polar bear. Yes, my picture is on the back cover, a cropped version of the one on my new website.

Hi Exie. No, not a conservative talk show host, just a wanna-be conservative talk show host! Thanks, T-bone, for your order!

And thank you, Washingtonweather, coolchef, Belle, markomalley, templelady, dmiller, and Invisible Dan!

The book argues doctrine only and doesn't touch on VPWs or LCMs personal scandals and such. I even gave TWI somewhat of a break in the introduction, suggesting a little that perhaps they were lightening up, but not believing they really would to any full extent. I mentioned TWIs legalism issues. BUT, the main thing to me was researching and debating early PFAL doctrines, major ones. I also wrote on non-Way issues because I was defending the gospels and did take on the Da Vinci Code.

It is available in hardcover, too, but the link was to the paperback because it was cheaper for everybody who wanted to purchase it.

Since I can mention it here, the book has cost me virtually all my friends from TWI days, most in splinter groups now. I was upset about that but stuck to publishing it anyway. I don't mind if people choose to stick to the old beliefs, but it hurt my wife when they all just stopped inviting us to functions and all communication stopped.

I wasn't out to get VPW, just state after years of research where I thought he was incorrect. It is the second book to come out about the Way from an ex-Wayfer, the first, Karl Kahler in The Cult That Snapped. He took on the behavior of TWI and I took on the doctrine. If new people read these two books, they will not join TWI.

I've heard of others here at GS thinking about writing one. I hope they do. The information...is incredible.

Noticed I had a typo on "Six Denials" in my post...sorry about that. But now I can't edit it. Not sure why.

I hope this book helps those who read it. It is exhaustive at 557 pages, and there is plenty of the chapter and verses that my "opposition" demanded when debating a TWI doctrine.

Again, all, many thanks!

Eagle

(Stephen J. Spencer)

Since I can mention it here, the book has cost me virtually all my friends from TWI days, most in splinter groups now. I was upset about that but stuck to publishing it anyway. I don't mind if people choose to stick to the old beliefs, but it hurt my wife when they all just stopped inviting us to functions and all communication stopped.

I'm sorry to hear that Eagle, I really am. That sux big time.

If there is one thing I've learned here at GSC -- it's tolerance of other's viewpoints.

I've found out many a time here that others were right, and I was wrong.

And other times the opposite happened --

but without tolerance for other's viewpoints -- nothing is learned by anyone.

What's that saying on the bumper sticker????? Oh yeah --

"Minds are like parachutes. They function best when open."

Exie,

The last chapter is directly related to the first chapter. When debating the Da Vinci Code, my conclusion to the research into Genesis and the Fall and Redemption of Man tied in very nicely with my conclusion on the topic of the "Lamb of the First Year" which was one of many ways I disputed the Da Vinci Code. My take on the Lamb of the First Year is very different from TWI, offshoots or anyone else. I'll give you a hint: it is related to a dairy farm term that is as old as one can remember. Universities didn't know, but older farmers that took care of animals did. It bites the head off of the premise to the Da Vinci Code.

Hope that helps.

dmiller, that was a great saying you concluded with!

Eagle

Edited by Eagle

Congrats Eagle!

Seems like it took you a while to peice this all together. When did you start working on it?

I have always been fascinated especially with the ''seed of serpent theory'', since to me it never made sense.

I used to question the fact that if GOD could not ''give seed'' until the day of Pentecost,

then, why oh why could the Devil give his seed BEFORE Pentecost?????

ol Craig used to say, ''you could trace back the seed boys'' in every chapter of the old/and new testament.

I also recently been researching the word Lucifer used in Ez. and finding some really interesting things..............

I am wondering who to send your book to................ <_<

Groucho:

That sounds like a provocative idea.

I like it. TWI kind of owes me refunds from long ago, which I have since written off. Sending them anything free bothers me a little. But I have to think about that...

bliss: I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered by that "seed of the serpent" theory. And the name to "Lucifer" is explained in the book as well as the debate against the "seed of the serpent", a TWI invention spread to offshoots.

There is a scriptural and subject index in the book to make your search on topics much easier.

Eagle

Groucho:

That sounds like a provocative idea.

I like it. TWI kind of owes me refunds from long ago, which I have since written off. Sending them anything free bothers me a little. But I have to think about that...

bliss: I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered by that "seed of the serpent" theory. And the name to "Lucifer" is explained in the book as well as the debate against the "seed of the serpent", a TWI invention spread to offshoots.

There is a scriptural and subject index in the book to make your search on topics much easier.

Eagle

Forgot, I have worked on Genesis since 1975, began putting the research together in 1982 and continued over the years. My plan had been to approach TWI when I graduated from the Corps. It wouldn't have worked looking back. Look what happened to John Schoenheit.

Eagle

Forgot to add, yes, dmiller, www.genesispursuit.com is my new website. It is the book website but later I'll most likely develop it into an internet bookstore for books of Christian or conservative nature.

Eagle

waterbuffalo:

I got out in November 1992. I went head to head with the area coordinator about a fellowship he was trying to force me to attend. But it was a combination of things that led to my leaving.

I appreciate you asking and thanks for the compliment on the book!

Eagle (Steve)