GreaseSpot Cafe

norway murders

excathedra

What an interesting contrast...

If there was any way possible to spin a believer's death to be their own fault, it was proclaimed to the far reaches. (as in the staff gal who was hit by a truck, and blamed for being away from hq at the wrong time, or as in the staff gal who died during childbirth and both she and her hubby were blamed)...

BUT

If the death is obviously not the fault of the victim, and cannot in any way be spun that way, they hide it and never even tell people it happened.

Good grief, what an evil, evil group.

I guess this thread started somewhere else as it begins as if it were in the middle of something. I went around reading other stuff to catch up and I have no idea where this actually begins.

Would someone tell me the begining of this please. Someone killed two people?

Is there more to the begining, I am interested and a bit lost.

Thank you

I guess this thread started somewhere else as it begins as if it were in the middle of something. I went around reading other stuff to catch up and I have no idea where this actually begins.

Would someone tell me the begining of this please. Someone killed two people?

Is there more to the begining, I am interested and a bit lost.

Thank you

If my memory serves me correctly, Bumpy made an off-the-cuff remark on a thread called"There's Something About TWI Stuck in My Mind." (or something like that) and then the topic moved here in order to keep the other thread on track. Anybody else recall if that's where it started?

edited to correct somewordsthatrantogether.

Edited by waysider

No WC?? Does anybody know, was anybody told outside of the BoT?

I think quite a few Way people in Europe became aware of the murders, between the press coverage and the relatively small European TWI community. They were probably warned not to discuss it with anyone, lest they "glorify the Adversary."

Waysider

Thanks. I am caught up now. I was 11th corps and trying to picture the guy. I went to HQ that summer with the international "students"

What did he look like? I know there was one weirdo guy they were trying to push this CUTE little Spanish girl into marrying. And she was adorable and he really was weird. She did not WANT to marry him and with all the pressure she ran away from TWI all together.

One of the Spanish girls contacted me here to let me know all that happened to her.

He was not tall and blonde was he? There was a guy who was very chatty, not cold at all, with blonde hair and broad shoulders. He was attractive and I think from Canada or something. I recall him having a name I did not hear much in the USA and wonder if it is him.

Bumpy-

HE just went in and shot them? Like while they slept or were singing out of the blue book? Do you recall anything more?

I recall someone who killed their WOW family or some of their WOW family being talked about but this sounds different than that.

I think quite a few Way people in Europe became aware of the murders, between the press coverage and the relatively small European TWI community. They were probably warned not to discuss it with anyone, lest they "glorify the Adversary."

When they wanted you to talk, they said "the secret to the Adversary's success is the secrecy of his moves." When they wanted to keep things quiet, they said "don't glorify the Adversary."

Idiots.

what is so sad how we can think of these things as "distant" or not a part of what we were involved in

i'm not explaining myself well

will try later

i apologize for this kind of denial

i understood you excie.. i think what you meant to say... is it sad how we came become 'detached' to what we were involved in. that's a good point you bring up... actually one that needs more looking into to.

In 1979 there was another Murder that was forgotten. VPW said that one WOW killed another WOW. does anyone remember the circumstances surrounding that.

I knew Jan the Murderer. He seemed pretty cold hearted and weird in-res. I wasn't too surprised when I heard what he did. Does anyone know what punishment he recieved for his crimes?

There was a Corps grad that was said to have murdered his entire family in the late 70s or early 80s that went in prison in WI. The limb coordinator and Corps grads in the area visited him often. There wasn't much ever said except that he was Corps so they went to visit him. If I recall correctly, his first name is Mike.

There was a twi believer, I am nearly certain was a wow that turned out to be a serial killer on a college campus in Lansing Mich. I flipped out watching it on a tv crime show. I never heard about it while in twi.

So they said he was in TWI on a crime show?

I recall a murder in a WOW family then the guy went and broke all the statues in a catholic church... Or maybe I am combining stories

There was a WOW in my family I wanted to kick her AZZ, but I cannot imagine a murder.

But there were many unstable people we witnessed to... ran through the class and believed they were healed.

The poor WOW's that dies that way. How horrible

Rascal which crime show?

I am sorry Dot, it has been 15 years ago. I don`t remember. I watched the entire show about the murders and the search for the killer...the clues left behind....etc. It wasn`t untill the very end after they had made the arrest that they mentioned that he was part of twi. I am pretty sure they said he was part of the wow program.

You might try researching murders in Lansing at michigan state.

Rascal,

It wasn't an "entire W.O.W. family", it was just one. But then, one is plenty when we're talking murder, ain't it?

It happened in Alexander City, Al. in 1979 or early'80 (memory gets a bit hazy now).

It was only a few miles from where I was sent, but I only found out about it after a few beers with

a branch leader, and the alcohol started talking. Nobody was supposed to know.

The Corps "Branch leader" (a serious whackjob from what I could tell) got in an argument with one of his W.O.W.s

and settled it the old fashioned way - and shot him dead. The W.O.W. went home in a pine box and the BL didn't go home at all.

He was still in an Alabama prison last I heard...

Edited by George Aar

There was a serial killer who was with TWI and was written about in Ann Rule's book, I forget which one, the Lust Killer or the I-95 Killer, or another, I can't remember the title. I bought it years ago. Every time I looked at the guy's picture, I thought, he really does look familar. Then there, at his trial, his involvement with TWI is brought up - he even went to ROA and worked in the large food services tent. I thought - aha - that's where I'd seen him. I had worked with him!

This guy was a serial murderer. He got involved in TWI, I think in Michigan, somewhere in the midwest. Some ladies' car had broken down, they were older women coming home from a fellowship. He stopped and fixed the car. They invited him to the next fellowship, he went. He became a fellowship regular, I think even took the class, I don't know, but he was involved for quite awhile. He started dating one of the women. Later, he murdered her.

Of course, this was not mentioned at TWI.

Edited by Sunesis