GreaseSpot Cafe

Is Jesus Christ God?

ImSunny2

Looking back -- going out witnessing -- our focus was not Jesus Christ it was trying to get people in the class. How many Sunday night teachings or corp teachings can you remember that focused on our relationship with our Lord? The focus was always that he was not God. Okay, I got that, but what about him being our Lord? The one whose footsteps I'm supposed to walk in? The one who is God's example for us to follow? The one who died for us?

Pretty scary when you think about what was lost or almost lost with TWI. As I recall it was near blasphemy to even say "Jesus" in certain situations. I remember one time in Res. something wonderful had happened (wonderful things were in short supply when I was in res) and someone said "Praise Jesus". They got hauled of for counselling with Rev. Fart.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 20 years since I have left twi (involved for 13 years), I have pondered this question numerous times...

I have honestly looked at both sides and have discovered that equally intelligent people can defend their positions with both scripture and logic...

The question that I pose is this...Does God favor those who are intelligent enough to figure it out versus those who are not?

I thought that the way to salvation was supposed to be simple that even a fool wouldn't err.

So what is it?...Those with the intelligence and know-how, who can study the scriptures properly, are on their way to heaven and those of us who are too dumb to figure it our are on the way to hell?

Is that what life is all about?...

What about the genetically disadvantaged?...sorry pal, God doesn't like stupid people so you miss the boat?

Do all the Forest Gumps of the world lose out?

...and what about all the smart folks who drew the wrong conclusions?...it doesn't matter that you loved people and lived honestly and believed in God?...sorry Ajax, you read the wrong book or belonged to the wrong denomination...it's fire and brimstone for you.

Is the doctrine of the trinity the axis that salvation pivots on?

It seems that there are certain things in this life that are beyond our control...Sometimes I think that we get hung up on things that are not as important as we think they are...If we accept the lord Jesus and live our lives honestly and we extend our hearts to help others and to love others...I think we have done something godly...salvation is by God's grace and it's His call...God looks on the heart.

Personally, I stopped trying to figure out the details of controversial biblical doctrines and simply live my life the best that I can.

In the 20 years since I have left twi (involved for 13 years), I have pondered this question numerous times...

I have honestly looked at both sides and have discovered that equally intelligent people can defend their positions with both scripture and logic...

The question that I pose is this...Does God favor those who are intelligent enough to figure it out versus those who are not?

I thought that the way to salvation was supposed to be simple that even a fool wouldn't err.

So what is it?...Those with the intelligence and know-how, who can study the scriptures properly, are on their way to heaven and those of us who are too dumb to figure it our are on the way to hell?

Is that what life is all about?...

What about the genetically disadvantaged?...sorry pal, God doesn't like stupid people so you miss the boat?

Do all the Forest Gumps of the world lose out?

...and what about all the smart folks who drew the wrong conclusions?...it doesn't matter that you loved people and lived honestly and believed in God?...sorry Ajax, you read the wrong book or belonged to the wrong denomination...it's fire and brimstone for you.

It seems that there are certain things in this life that are beyond our control...Sometimes I think that we get hung up on things that are not as important as we think they are...If we accept the lord Jesus and live our lives honestly and we extend our hearts to help others and to love others...I think we have done something godly...salvation is by God's grace and it's His call...God looks on the heart.

Personally, I stopped trying to figure out the details of controversial biblical doctrines and simply live my life the best that I can.

Thats what I was trying to say. You just actually made sense when you said it.

thanks.

Jesus Christ is not Chuck Norris

Ya see, 'cause Chuck Norris is God and if Jesus is Chuck Norris------------

AHH! Never mind!

But, Lone Wolf McQuade is God. And Chuck Norris is Lone Wolf McQuade. But Chuck Norris is not God. But Walker, Texas Ranger is Jesus. And Chuck Norris is Walker, Texas Ranger. But Chuck Norris is not Jesus.

So, Chuck Norris is the Holy Spirit?

Jesus Christ is not T-Bone. Though I thought I was…as a teenager every time I came home late…my dad would say, “Jesus Christ, where have you been?!?!”...Jesus Christ is not Bill Cosby either – from whom I “borrowed” this routine.

You guys are SO FUNNY! I was trying to read some of these at work today but I was so busy I just couldn't do it.

The one about Jesus not being the lochness moster -- OMG!!! HAHAHAHAHA. "I was praying to him and he walked right past me and didn't even look up?" (not sure I got that exactly right) HAHAHAHAHAHAH

:biglaugh::biglaugh: :)

The whole point to my initial sharing in this blog in the first place was to emphasize RELATIONSHIP with Jesus. Everyone seemed so eager to argue about the Deity, my point was missed. Do you have an overwhelming belief that you cant say Jesus without saying Christ? Lord Jesus is what we confessed in Ro. 10:9-10.

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, and the only begotten son of Heavenly Father, who took the sins of the world upon himself in Gesthemene and suffered so much that he sweat drops of blood. He was scourged and wounded by the Romams for our transgressions and then allowed himself to die thus breaking the bonds of death and permitting eternal life.

Those of us who believe that this is true and throughout our lives diligently try to follow in his footsteps by obeying Heavenly Fathers commandments will spend eternity with him and Heavenly Father

Edited by templelady

I'm My Own Grandpa

Lyrics: Dwight Latham, Moe Jaffe

Music: Dwight Latham, Moe Jaffe

Played by Jerry Garcia with David Grisman

Oh, many, many years ago

When I was twenty-three

I was married to a widow

Who was pretty as can be

This widow had a grown-up daughter

Who had hair of red

My father fell in love with her

And soon the two were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law

And changed my very life

For my daughter was my mother

'Cause she was my father's wife

To complicate the matter

Though it really brought me joy

I soon became the father

Of a bouncing baby boy

This little baby then became

A brother-in-law to Dad

And so became my uncle

Though it made me very sad

For if he was my uncle

Then that also made him brother

Of the widow's grown-up daughter

WHo of course is my step-mother

Chorus

I'm my own grandpa

I'm my own grandpa

It sounds funny I know

But it really is so

Oh, I'm my own grandpa

My father's wife then had a son

Who kept them on the run

And he became my grandchild

For he was my daughter's son

My wife is now my mother's mother

And it makes me blue

Because although she is my wife

She's my grandmother too

Now if my wife is my grandmother

Then I'm her grandchild

And every time I think of it

It nearly drives me wild

For now I have become

The strangest case you ever saw

As husband of my grandma

I am my own grandpa

Thank you, Mo, for restoring a sense of sanity to this thread even if but for a fleeting moment.

Glad to see you are on the mend! :)

Jesus Christ is not the Avon Lady------Ding! Dong!-----Hey! Where did everybody go?!!!

(Sorry, temptation overcame me.)

Edited by waysider

How can you ever really know that what you are believing is right? Do we get to the end of our lives and pass on to the great beyond only to find out then that everything we believed about God was wrong? Why would God do that to us?? I mean look at all the different ways to see the Bible. I don't need to list all the different so-called Christian beliefs and religions.

You can't ever know until you stand in front of Jesus. I don't think what we believe is going to make nearly as much difference as what we did with it. Jesus had 2 great commandments and neither one of them had to do with 'right believing'.

It seems that there are certain things in this life that are beyond our control...Sometimes I think that we get hung up on things that are not as important as we think they are...

Yea, and on both sides. I remember at Emporia when JAL, who was there for a teaching visit, got into the salvation thing; that is, those who believed jesus is God might not be saved. And about getting hung up, I know that it was the reacion to jesus Christ not being God that started the process that led to my deprogramming.