GreaseSpot Cafe

Mass Murders at VA Tech

markomalley

Yeah, I'm just reading about this now on AOHell. I'm glad they got the SOB but in a way you almost wish they would be caught alive, for one to face the consequences of their own cowardly actions, and also to find out what the hell was going on in their minds to do something like this.

The count of dead is now up to 32, including the gunmen, as many as 20 wounded. Right now they are reporting that it was an Asian male, he opened fire in a dorm and then two hours later in a classroom where the majority of people died. If that is true, and there was a two hour window with no lock down, no notifying the rest of the college...

Horrible, simply horrible, beyond horrible

LikeanEagle - do keep us posted. Our thoughts and prayers are for all the students, staff, faculty and family touched by this tragedy. Tonto & T-Bone

First my older sis said, he was an off site location in Lynchburg..then I got an email from younger sis, she said, he was 1 mile from where and during the time this happened...He is ok...Im sure he will be very shook up

Good grief.....

I will be praying for these kids and family's..Lynchburg, is not a big city..Va Tech is the only industry there...

First my older sis said, he was an off site location in Lynchburg..then I got an email from younger sis, she said, he was 1 mile from where and during the time this happened...He is ok...Im sure he will be very shook up

Thank God!

I too am thankful LAE's nephew is safe, but I cannot give God the credit for it. It would be too much like blaming Him for the loss of those who were not so fortunate. I am not bashing anyone, so please don't take it that way, and I know the comments were not meant in that vein. I know many of the folks who lived through Columbine, and the family of one who died. I could simply not lay that doubt at their feet. This was a heartache day for us all over again. Their tragedy affects all their extended family still. It is at the core of what they consider each day, even without horrendous events lke in VA. With over 20 thousand students at VA Tech, their parents and other friends and family members, that is well over 60000 people personally affected by this.

Preliminary discussions have raised many questions as to the response by authorities. These will be major issues that will make the acceptance of this ordeal all the more harder. for a very long time, and virtually every campus around the country will be dealing with them. Such a waste of bright young people. My heart goes out to all of them, it brings back the reality of Columbine oh too much to me. Pray heartily for all these good people, they have a long trail ahead.

~HAP

I too am thankful LAE's nephew is safe, but I cannot give God the credit for it. It would be too much like blaming Him for the loss of those who were not so fortunate. I am not bashing anyone, so please don't take it that way, and I know the comments were not meant in that vein. I know many of the folks who lived through Columbine, and the family of one who died. I could simply not lay that doubt at their feet. This was a heartache day for us all over again. Their tragedy affects all their extended family still. It is at the core of what they consider each day, even without horrendous events lke in VA. With over 20 thousand students at VA Tech, their parents and other friends and family members, that is well over 60000 people personally affected by this.

Preliminary discussions have raised many questions as to the response by authorities. These will be major issues that will make the acceptance of this ordeal all the more harder. for a very long time, and virtually every campus around the country will be dealing with them. Such a waste of bright young people. My heart goes out to all of them, it brings back the reality of Columbine oh too much to me. Pray heartily for all these good people, they have a long trail ahead.

~HAP

As I was the one who first posted it on this thread, let me clarify that it's an exclamation, NOT a literal attribution of credit.

I believe the collective "soul" of America, pretty much in unison, regardless of individual beliefs, shares in this heartache, as you expressed.

Hap-

Yes, this has effected many many people, as the aunt of a student my family calls and emails started around 1....my stomache was tightning till I actualy talked to him. Two months ago his father, my brother passed away, and I spent extra time with him....so this added to his grief even more...

So I thank you all for prayers.

and I will be praying for this tragedy too...It's horrific..

Edited by likeaneagle

Mine was both, thanking God for the spared and thank God as an exclamation. I no longer have rose colored glasses to believe that the just won't be hurt but I don't believe God to be the source of such hurt either.

What a tragedy and one that can only be worked through with my personal prayer for me to be able to even think of it all.