GreaseSpot Cafe

Mrs. Wierwille's Poodle

J0nny Ling0

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if old "Tick" liked "Hot Cocoa"? But no doubt if he tried some, he'd only have been humping air.....

Or hair...ummm... I mean fur...

Edited by doojable

Well, rascal, of course we don't know that happened for sure... just "someone said, someone said"... since no one has jumped onto this thread and said anything conclusive (yet), it's probably unfair to judge the old b@$t@rd on what we THINK he might have done... no matter how true to form it would have been.

Rascal, I'm hoping that is just one of those myths that have become legend. If I thought it were true I'd have a hard time joking about it.

I'm of the opinion that unless someone has real information and not just rumor and innuendo, that though this story might be true - for now it is just a story. Heck, I can't figure out how much of Jonny's bull riding story is fact and how much is fiction and he's right here. How in the world are we to ascertain what happened to a poodle over 25(?) years ago.

We had to put our dalmation that my daughter grew up with to sleep. Even though I knew it was the best thing to do I grieved for weeks. I can only imagine the pain Mrs W felt in losing her pet.

While I can see how VPW could have been cold-hearted enough to do this, I have no real hard evidence. I can speculate on his motivations and schemes - but we already have plenty of fodder for that in many other threads. VPW's life story had an endless source of documented evil acts.

So, I guess I'm saying that in the midst of all this frolicking about Poodles on the Bar-bee and such, I agree with you, Rascal. If I knew this story were true I couldn't be part of the merriment.

True highway, I didn`t mind everyone having fun...you all really are very funny.

I just couldn`t get past thinking of an elderly woman, how attached to that little dog she would have been. Usually those little dogs don`t wander far from their owners.

It bothered me to think of her being denied the pleasure of her little dog`s company. Sorry to be a damper.

I can't figure out how much of Jonny's bull riding story is fact and how much is fiction and he's right here.

Umm, the only part of that story that is true is that for a fact, JP rode a black angus bull whom he nick named "The Poodle" because of the way it had that thick rug of curlyhair. That was just like JP's humor, to call him that. And by the way, he didn't make his eight seconds either. Nobody did. We all got our butts crunched. And so, I just like to write, and had fun "winging it" as I typed my way merrily along....

Thanks Jonny! :wave:

My comment was no slam on you or your story telling ability. I just wanted to make a point that it's easy to come to wrong conclusions.

Hey! I like your stor-ees!

Aww, ((((Rascal)))), you didn't squelch anyone's fun!!!

I think the pooch died of old age and bad breath just like most little housedogs do.

But I also think it would be just like ol' vic to sit out in his clubhouse saying things like, "I hate that dog. Wish it would just disappear." And he and his cronies would dream up ways that could happen, and laugh, but not do any of them.

My comment was no slam on you or your story telling ability. I just wanted to make a point that it's easy to come to wrong conclusions.

I know Dooj, and I got your point as well, and also thanks for the compliment...

And Rascal, you wanted to do the rodeo school thing eh? That's cool. Glad I got to do it. The things in the Corps that challenged me were good challenges, but that bull riding was definitely the scariest thing I have ever done. One can control many things, but there's just no tellin what a wild and wooly 1800 pound snortin' beast like that is gonna do! But sadly, during our graduation rodeo, one of the guys fractured his neck. He complained about it, but nobody bothered to take him to tyhe hospital to get checked out. Later, he showed up for our Tenth Corps graduation ceremony with a halo brace on his head and a real sour attitude. Gee, I wonder why he was so pi$$ed? :rolleyes:

And speakin' of poodle, I think that that black Angus "poodle" would suit me just fine, barbecued whole over an open spit with lots of friends, beer, whiskey, tortillas, beans, and good music in attendance. Now that's the kind of poodle meat I could eat!

And speakin' of poodle, I think that that black Angus "poodle" would suit me just fine, barbecued whole over an open spit with lots of friends, beer, whiskey, tortillas, beans, and good music in attendance. Now that's the kind of poodle meat I could eat!

And FRIENDS Jonny - don't forget the many friends it takes to enjoy a "poodle" that big.

I'll bring the wine ;)