J0nny Ling0

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, OK, OKayyyyyy!! I confess!! :(

All those years ago (it was at an ROA after a late night teaching),

I thought I stepped in a puddle going to my tent,

when in reality -- it was a poodle I stepped on.

I haven't had closure for this for all these many years.

I feel so DOG GONE GUILTY!!!!

Given the sentiments here -- I wonder if I should continue.

(sniff, sniff, sniff.)

That poor thing was no match for my number 12 boot that came down on it.

I heard a squeal -- but I thought it was someone nearby speaking in tongues.

I thought I stepped in a puddle, when in truth I stepped on a poodle.

Regardless -- there was this cocoa colored goo on the bottom of my shoe.

I scraped it off (I'm not sure where --- but somewhere between

the House of His Healing Presence, and the Wow burger stand),

and I went to my tent to sleep off the teaching I had heard that evening.

(andifyoubelieveTHAT -- I'vegotabridgeforsale!!!)

:spy:

That is your confession DMiller, but you've carried that with you all these years. How could you live with yourself?

We all know you did it on purpose to please the man of God - but you try to write it up like it was an accident.

Shame on you.

:biglaugh:

"Killing the poodle"...sounds like a euphemism for...something :biglaugh:

You said what I've been thinking all along... even the title of the thread... well... :redface2::biglaugh:

For the record....

Mrs. Wierwille did indeed have a little miniature poodle named Cocoa - but it was white, so maybe it was Coco, like Coco Chanel. And my husband, a truly truthful man, told me that once while at summer camp as a youth, he heard Dr. Wierwille tell someone, "That ****dog is a worthless piece of c***." Whether it follows that he initiated the poor creature's demise, I do not know, but I actually saw the little critter once or twice with my own eyes while at HQ. It was indeed a little white fluffball. Some dogs exist to bestow love upon their humans, not hurt, herd, or guard. I think Coco was one of those dogs.

I sure hope he/she/it died of old age.

WG

"Killing the poodle"...sounds like a euphemism for...something :biglaugh:

It's the tragic result of too much pounding the poodle.

--

As for Wierwille's animosity toward the poodle, he was probably afraid that Coco reflected poorly on his "manhood." All that posing he did through the years, with Harleys (even while the Twig-hopper looked pretty gay, when you think about it, with VP dolled-up in his sailor suit,) and hunting dogs gives being a "man's man" a double-meaning. Coco frightened Wierwille. And what could a big old man of God have to fear from an itty bitty widdle poodle? Coco had the power to make Victor Paul look gay (as if the sailor outfits didn't). What could be worse that that. I'll tell you. Suppose that Coco had the power to expose Victor Paul's latent inclinations? It's all in Vic's perception, of course, but that's what might make a man like Victor desperate enough to have the poodle wacked.

The same kind of anxiety probably led to escalation of homo-purges later on, carried on by another unlikely character, who ostensibly dedicated his life to applying the examples of Broadway, ballet, and the Greek games to the "rise and expansion" of the church. Where did he get this stuff? Answer: out of his own head. Majorly gay, folks.

And who is the current president of TWI? No issues there, right?

Edited by satori001

Suppose that Coco had the power to expose Victor Paul's latent inclinations? That's what might make a man like Victor desperate enough to have the poodle wacked.

The same kind of anxiety probably led to escalation of homo-purges later on, carried on by another unlikely character, who ostensibly dedicated his life to applying the examples of Broadway, ballet, and the Greek games to the "rise and expansion" of the church. Where did he get this stuff? Answer: out of his own head. Majorly gay, folks.

And who is the current president of TWI? No issues there, right?

so you're saying the way is gay?

(i remember back in the mid '80s, when every limb had to come up with a state slogan. massachusetts' was "making the bay state the way state," which always became, to me, anyway, "making the bay state the gay state.")

Who knows if we'll ever know what happened to the dog.

It's the 'leaders' who thought it 'commendable' that someone would carry out the MOG's wishes so thoroughly that creeps me out.

We were taught time and again to be 'spiritually sharp' to everything a leader said. A 'suggestion' was the same as revelation from Gawdalmighty.

In the way, you were NEVER wrong for being a toady-unless you were a toady that forgot a detail-then you were lower than scum until you were properly reamed out and repentant.

I'm quite sure that many lives were screwed with based on 'comments' and 'suggestions' from the elite.

I suppose we should be thankful they didn't 'suggest' people they had issues with 'disappear'.

Coco frightened Wierwille. And what could a big old man of God have to fear from an itty bitty widdle poodle? Coco had the power to make Victor Paul look gay (as if the sailor outfits didn't). What could be worse that that. I'll tell you. Suppose that Coco had the power to expose Victor Paul's latent inclinations? It's all in Vic's perception, of course, but that's what might make a man like Victor desperate enough to have the poodle wacked.

As funny as this is Satori, I think you've really hit the bullseye here..

:biglaugh:

Honest to God.. it really makes some sense..

For the record....

Mrs. Wierwille did indeed have a little miniature poodle named Cocoa - but it was white, so maybe it was Coco, like Coco Chanel. And my husband, a truly truthful man, told me that once while at summer camp as a youth, he heard Dr. Wierwille tell someone, "That ****dog is a worthless piece of c***." Whether it follows that he initiated the poor creature's demise, I do not know, but I actually saw the little critter once or twice with my own eyes while at HQ. It was indeed a little white fluffball. Some dogs exist to bestow love upon their humans, not hurt, herd, or guard. I think Coco was one of those dogs.

I sure hope he/she/it died of old age.

WG

My take is that VP probaby hated the dog because it was faithful to Mrs. W. while he was not. It was loving and kind while he was not and he was jealous of it because it had something that he did not...

faithfulness

Edited by wrdsandwrks

Oh-my-gawd! You guys kill me! Really, I was only curious, is that so wrong? I do remember VP telling us that if a dog wasn't a working dog, and wasn't obedient, it was worthless. And, I do remember wondering what he thought of Coco. But when my friend and LC told me of that incident, I had no doubt at that time that some "faithful" guy in the good ol boy maintenance department carried out the hit. I wonder if the poodle killer was singing to the classical piece "Ride Of The Val Kyries" going "Kill the poo-dull! Kill The poo-dull! Kill the poooo-dull! Kill the poo-dull....!"

I'll betcha Joel Burke would know....

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Well now that we have established that Cocoa is dead I think we need to come up with some uses for a dead poodle. such as a fireplace poker or a computer stand or maybe even a large loofa for those hard to get at places. perhaps Mom can use one on Mothers day as a step stool in the kitchen. I heard David might have one for sale.

Oh, by the way if anyone would like to stop over my house tonight it's supposed to get to 40 degrees outside and I am going to share some hot cocoa with any of my friends who want to stop bye

Dooj, are you saying that the poodle was fed to TJ? I'm not so sure I can handle that theory, for that would mean that my dog, "Mr. Starbuck Von Der Weg" (God rest his soul), would then have been the grandson of a poodle murderer! I can surely see that as a possibility, for, old Starbuck did in fact kill nine porcupines in his life while up here in Alaska. And what a mess that was each time. Yeah totally fearless those dogs were. Probably not even afraid of a .....poodle!

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Dooj, are you saying that the poodle was fed to TJ? I'm not so sure I can handle that theory, for that would mean that my dog, "Mr. Starbuck Von Der Weg" (God rest his soul), would then have been the grandson of a poodle murderer! I can surely see that as a possibility, for, old Starbuck did in fact kill nine porcupines in his life while up here in Alaska. And what a mess that was each time. Yeah totally fearless those dogs were. Probably not even afraid of a .....poodle!

Jonny - I never implied that Poodle Primavera was on the menu...

How did you make that connection? :blink:

I was just showing that fluffy poodle in contrast to the "manly" hunting dog....

Well, lessee, you know time kinda blurs together for us retirees, but I think my husband got involved in 1971 or so. I myself took PFAL in 1973, and we both would've been around HQ in the early 1970s, which is the time frame when I recall seeing the little flufferbutt. We met in FL of Ohio in 1975 and I recall seeing it with him during that time frame, which is when he related to me DocVic's opinion of the pup. So early to mid 1970's. I was just surprised to see it, because drooling Tick was always in evidence, especially after the ROA moved to HQ and thus the food tent made grazing and begging for scraps more available. I think that was in 1976???? I remember a friend referring to the hovering, drooling hound as "First Dog of The Way International." Don't recall the poodle ever begging in the meal tent ever.l

WG

It sounds like Coco was a source of much joy and pleasure for Mrs. W. She probabaly, like most of us devoted pet owners, lavished much love and affection on Coco. In VPW's world all love and affection was his due, the sight of his wife caring for Coco probably meant in his way of thinking that she was giving to a dog (and a "useless" one at that) affection that should have been bestowed on Him.

As to would someone have jumped to dispose of Coco to please the MOG???

Sure they would have

Thomas Becket

Gordon Liddy

spring to mind.

The question is DID THIS ACTUALLY HAPPEN??

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor...even if it is VPW or especially if it is VPW since this incident is entirely in keeping with what we know of the man.

So unless I see some verification from others who are more conversant with the FACTS of the situation I will religate this story to the arena of the mythos surrounding VPW.

And Kudos to you Johnny Lingo for straight out admitting that this was rumor and asking for verification as opposed to trying to pass off rumor as fact.

As to why this matters??

It matters because, if true, it goes to the heart of the kind of man VPW actually was as opposed to his Public Persona. And that real VPW versus Public VPW goes to the heart of what was ultimately wrong with TWI and the injury many sufferd while in TWI.

Satori - LOL - you posts were a riot! Probably dead on too, it does make sense. In a strange way, the poodle did threaten his masculinity. Can't have a manly Harley biker dude with a little poodle following faithfully at his heels, can you?

Yes, I have a feeling one of the maintenance/motorcoach guys would know what happened to little Coco.

(even while the Twig-hopper looked pretty gay, when you think about it, with VP dolled-up in his sailor suit,)
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

flutterbutt ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

first dog of the way international ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

--

thank you for starting this thread jonny !!!!!!!!!!!

...As for Wierwille's animosity toward the poodle, he was probably afraid that Coco reflected poorly on his "manhood." All that posing he did through the years, with Harleys (even while the Twig-hopper looked pretty gay, when you think about it, with VP dolled-up in his sailor suit,) and hunting dogs gives being a "man's man" a double-meaning. Coco frightened Wierwille. And what could a big old man of God have to fear from an itty bitty widdle poodle? Coco had the power to make Victor Paul look gay (as if the sailor outfits didn't)....

Does anyone have a photo of vpw in this "sailor suit"?

I would pay money to see the GSC host an image of vpw in a Village People outfit...