GreaseSpot Cafe

New Mothers Day

Mister P-Mosh

I know I try to limit the amount of information about my personal life that I post here, as a result of my parents still being in TWI and I don't want any lurking WayGB to cause problems with my family. However, I can't help but post about this.

This week, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She was quite a bit early, and my wife had some complications that caused her to be induced early, but both mother and daughter are doing well. My wife might be able to go home tomorrow and the baby as soon as she gets a normal appetite.

Anyway, I just wanted to announce it here, as a proud new papa. It has already changed a lot of my perspective on things, but until we get her home I'm sure my life has not changed as much as it will.

In any case, my wife now gets to be recognized tomorrow for Mother's Day.

P-mosh,

Re:"This week, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl."

You're biased. Nearly all newborns I have seen are not that attractive. They start looking a lot better after about a month. But be that as it may.. I know you're tickled pink and I hope both mom and baby are healthy. Congratulations!!!

sudo

P-mosh,

Re:<B><I><font color=maroon>"This week, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl."</font></I></B>

You're biased. Nearly all newborns I have seen are not that attractive. They start looking a lot better after about a month. But be that as it may.. I know you're tickled pink and I hope both mom and baby are healthy. Congratulations!!!

<center>sudo</center>

I say it because she looks a lot more like her mom than me. She is definitely puffy and Winston Churchill-like, but all babies are. However, we are definitely happy. Thanks!

Mister-P-Mosh,

Congratulations man. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear all are well. (You to I hope).

B

Thanks Bolshevik, We're doing well, and I'll be much better once I can take mother and daughter home and I don't have to sleep on this 6' long bench anymore (I'm about 6'4".)

Congrats12.gif

P-mosh,

Re:<B><I><font color=maroon>"This week, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl."</font></I></B>

<center>sudo</center>

ALL babies are beautiful - even the pink wrinkly ones with spots on their faces!

Hope mom and baby are doin' fine...

Congradulation Mister-P-Mosh!

Happy Mother's Day Mrs.- P-Mosh!

Happy Birthday Little Miss-P-Mosh!

Soon you will never be able to remember when your beautiful new baby daughter was not there! Somehow, this just happens like the oneness of marriage.

Just looking into her beautiful eyes will melt your heart and turn it to "mosh" mush! She will become more and more beautiful everyday! Then soon she will begin to wrap you around her little finger! All the joys that are yet to come...treasure the moments, they are so fleeting and priceless!

Love to you All, RBG

I know I try to limit the amount of information about my personal life that I post here, as a result of my parents still being in TWI and I don't want any lurking WayGB to cause problems with my family. However, I can't help but post about this.

This week, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She was quite a bit early, and my wife had some complications that caused her to be induced early, but both mother and daughter are doing well. My wife might be able to go home tomorrow and the baby as soon as she gets a normal appetite.

Anyway, I just wanted to announce it here, as a proud new papa. It has already changed a lot of my perspective on things, but until we get her home I'm sure my life has not changed as much as it will.

In any case, my wife now gets to be recognized tomorrow for Mother's Day.

Congrats there P-Mosh... on this topic, you certainly speak the truth.

I hope you were able to be there (in the delivery room) when your daughter was born.

Now nearing 18 years hence, I still consider the day my daughter was born (early morning... 3:30am on a Monday) to be the most dramatic and inspiring day of my entire life. And yes, it was like my entire view of life and of the world changed the moment my kiddo took her first breath.

You certainly have the potential for more of those than I... since I only fathered one child... (and am definitely NOT looking to have any more).

Anyway... what a wonderful mother's day for your wife. :eusa_clap:

Soon you will never be able to remember when your beautiful new baby daughter was not there! Somehow, this just happens like the oneness of marriage.

Just looking into her beautiful eyes will melt your heart and turn it to "mosh" mush! She will become more and more beautiful everyday! Then soon she will begin to wrap you around her little finger! All the joys that are yet to come...treasure the moments, they are so fleeting and priceless!

Love to you All, RBG

Yes... treasure them... they grow up way too fast.

I was trying to do a response to every individual person, but came back and saw this many comments so it would be really tough for me to do. Thanks everyone!

In related news, my wife gets to go home today, and the baby is hopefully not too far behind. The baby isn't eating much on her own and prefers to sleep, which is common with premature babies. However, everything else with her is fine and she's already the size of a full-term baby (if my wife had gone the entire 40 weeks I'm sure the baby would have been in the 9 - 10 pounds range.) My wife is on blood pressure medication and still has some issues with that, but hopefully they go away soon.

In any case, I'm looking forward to having the whole family home, and even to the sleepless nights of waking up to feed her. I value my sleep but value her health above it.

As to the question about whether I was there for the delivery, there's a whole story behind it all that I might tell sometime, but yes, I was there. It was surreal, and coming from a generation that is used to instant gratification, I'm glad my wife had a c section. It took just a few minutes after I arrived before the baby was born, and less than an hour to sew my wife up afterwards. It was better than the days of labor and needles and pain we were looking at if she were to be induced.