GreaseSpot Cafe

Rome City Campus For Sale Again

Belle

The Way International purchased the bulk of the property from the Sisters of the Precious Blood in 1976 and bought the remaining acreage from a couple in ...

A comment at the bottom of the article:

Gloria wrote on Jun 16, 2007 3:58 PM:

" This is a great property. I hope whoever ends up with it is moved to continue to keep it open for people to visit. I sure hope we don't get another Way College. "

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Belle it does have internet, a Coffee bar and lots of bed space perhaps you would like to buy it when you get paid next week and throw a GreaseSpot party. Not to mention all the fortune you will make off the "Southern Belle" Water sales

Edited by WhiteDove

Thanks, Garth. I was kinda in a hurry this morning and got sloppy with my posting, I reckon.

Wouldn't that be something fun to do, White Dove? Get those springs back into "spa" condition and have Greasespots from all over come visit..... Would that a year's worth of my paychecks could afford to do that.... that would be fun.

Out, I loved that quote! Speaks loudly, doesn't it?

I would buy it and turn it into a Haunted House er sorry it is already one.

My first room at Rome City had a sign on the door "Treatment Room" there were extreme electrical outlets in it.

Not kidding

Dude, my brother said the same exact thing about it being haunted. We should call TAPS and have them do an investigation!!

Dude, my brother said the same exact thing about it being haunted. We should call TAPS and have them do an investigation!!

Hmmm.

Don't know about the haunted stuff but I'm sure quite a few horror stories have been played out there.

Ha Ha that is funny I love that show did you see the one where they were in the basement and the guy was standing there and ran away.

I figured that the room I stayed in was the shock therapy room or the lobotomy room.

I sure hope we don't get another Way College. "

Im sure Mary was a better guest

Interesting Link Chas, I never knew Mary stopped there on her way to Washington, nor about the healing waters

Ive never been there, can anyone venture a a rough guesstimate at the saleprice?

Hmmm.

Don't know about the haunted stuff but I'm sure quite a few horror stories have been played out there.

The basement of that place creeped me out. I spent a week as a slave there right before they sold it. There is an area in the basement which isn't finished, and you can see the ground. I walked through the place completely empty except for the regular staff of 6 adults and a couple of kids. That was really weird too. I got really freaked out because I was by myself.

You're right about the basement there. I used to work in one of the departments down there alone at night sometimes. There was a creepy feeling.

I have a feeling, before we had it, some weird/awful stuff went on there. There were just "vibes."

I spent 4 months there...I used to sneak up into the attic (where they had all sorts of things stored)...and "kill time"...it was spooky in a weird sort of way...I felt that the ghost of Uncle Harry was watching me or something...creeped me out.

That was probably bleSS patrol.

I liked the place. But then again, I didn't have to go down to the basement alone very often... (and ANYTHING was better than Stalag HQ).

It says they rent it for weddings and things. Wonder if he's still renting it out while he's trying to sell it? And how much he'd charge to rent it out for a Weenie Roast? I would love to get inside and see what's the same and what's changed.

Edited by TheHighWay

You're right about the basement there. I used to work in one of the departments down there alone at night sometimes. There was a creepy feeling.

I have a feeling, before we had it, some weird/awful stuff went on there. There were just "vibes."

Yeah I felt weird vibes there too like something weird went on there in previous years. Of course devil spirits couldn't invade any place TWI owned because they have THE TRUTH!!!!

I don't know that I believe in the whole devil spirit thing, but I definitely think past events can affect a place.

Yeah I felt weird vibes there too like something weird went on there in previous years. Of course devil spirits couldn't invade any place TWI owned because they have THE TRUTH!!!!

I don't know that I believe in the whole devil spirit thing, but I definitely think past events can affect a place.

I believe the same, Notta... And I have had some "experiences" at the gulag that I cannot explain as "godly". If the nastiness in the basement wasn't at the Rome City Campus before twi came in, enough evil sh;t happened while twi was there to leave some nasty impressions on the ether.

The write-up says that the owner would like the property to be used for the same thing it is currently being used for... says he wouldn't mind just taking on a partner.

Sounds like he likes the campus but is too overwhelmed by the amount of work, etc. that goes along with it.

The write-up says that the owner would like the property to be used for the same thing it is currently being used for... says he wouldn't mind just taking on a partner.

Sounds like he likes the campus but is too overwhelmed by the amount of work, etc. that goes along with it.

Just mowing the grass takes a crew of people. I never worked so hard in my life!!! I felt like I had been beaten severely after working there for a week. Most of it was grounds work. Some was housekeeping work.