GreaseSpot Cafe

Faith, Soap, and Charity

satori001

Yeah, I often tried to read the label. The author didn't make it too easy though.

Lordy, the text was nigh unto impenetrable. "Six billion strong and we're all one, exceptions eternally, absolutely none!"

and such like, didn't make for a quick read. Never mind the fact that the print was the size of a mustard seed.

NPR had a review of this on this morning.

Gee, his sister had him committed to an institution. Who'd a thunk?

So my question is--------

Does this stuff work???

It's OK. I used it a few times in my way dayz, but it obviously wasn't so wonderful that I wanted to use it all the time. I was attracted to it from the peppermint and eucalyptus scents. The soap is extremely watery, so it seems to go quickly.

A friend let me borrow her shower soap (bottle) and I used my own shampoo one ROA. The soap worked well enough - as well as anything I ever used. My skin felt a little better because I think it rinsed better in that hard water.

I did read the label and it seems to be quite mild. Perhaps I should get some and also the shampoo. Since I'm getting older and I need to take a few meds which aren't exactly kind - maybe this would keep me from having such terribly dry skin. ??

I just went over the coop to buy a gallon jug of Euclayptus Soap. We dilute it 50/50 with purified water and store it in a 2 gallon tapper container. From there we refill squeeze bottles that are in the bathrooms, showers, kitchen and garage. A diluted one gallon jug lasts us about a year and a half.

My wife and I were using Dr. Bronner's individually before we met, about 24 years ago, and are still using it.

Yeah, being a liquid I found that the stuff disappears quite rapidly. And, being as it's not exactly cheap, I don't buy the stuff anymore.

Well, to be honest, I never did buy any. But when it showed up at the house, I'd use it, and was never all that impressed. It's too difficult to deal with the liquid aspect. Much easier to use bar soap.

The good Doctor did make bar soap too, but it disappeared as quickly as the liquid stuff. "Long lasting" was just not part of his design criteria, I guess...

I swear when I read that name I don't see the first "r" and it cracks up. :lol:

(not trying to get this relegated to the dungeon either)

Well my sweet friend then stop surfing the gutter! :biglaugh:

Love Bronner's Magic Soap - great stuff!

It dilutes well, works great for shaving, and we use it for everything from daily bathing, to cleaning the house, mopping floors, etc. - it's just a good, all-purpose, oil-based soap.

My favorite is the baby soap - but the lavander is a close second!

"Dr." Bronner?...I'm wondering if he got his doctors degree at Pikes Peak seminary.

Ah, Mr. Groucho. I emailed them asking information about this very thing. But it was nice.. where/what did he do to get his "doctorate"?

We will see what we will see, if and when they reply..

:)

Let us know Hammer...I'm interested to find out...I mean, a lot of people use the title "DR.":

Dr. Doom

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. J

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Wierwille

Dr. Death (who actually IS a real doctor)

Dr. Sudo (sorry, had to throw that one in :biglaugh: )

Dr. Pepper...

...I mean, c'mon, talk is cheap.

I loved his soap and have used it off and on for years.

The first time I read the bottle, I was in the tub and almost freaked. I thought "OMG, what is in this stuff as a lunatic makes it!"

The first time my hubs read it, he came out of the shower, with soap all over him, and was asking if I ever read this bottle, "the man belonged in a nut house...."