GreaseSpot Cafe

False Prophet or Good Minister with problems?

now I see

Thanks for that Sunesis,

Your account certainly puts together a few more loose ends for me (damn, I thought I'd pretty well figured it all out by NOW), and - far from being a "doozie" - has a very real ring of truth to it.

The only place I'd depart from you is, I don't think there's any ultimate consequences for his actions. I wish there were.

It'd be nice to think that all the scores in life will be settled in some ethereal courtroom, but I'm afraid such notions don't have much to back them up, YMMV...

This information is so new, exciting and informative...there has to be some answers to these questions somewhere?

Like his astrology charts, when did his aquarius moon arise during the month of Ramadan? You know, lets do his “chart”!

You know, that would be a funny experiment.

PM me his date of birth, time of birth, and place of birth, and I'll feed all that into one of my wife's astrological programs.

All right smart alecs who don`t want us annalysing his life........why do the scriptures tell us that we will know one another by the fruit?

Why would we be told to examine the fruit in a persons life to evaluate their spirituality or lack there of...if it weren`t imprtant?

You got a problem with folks doing as the scriptures direct???

Edited by rascal

This information is so new, exciting and informative...there has to be some answers to these questions somewhere?

Like his astrology charts, when did his aquarius moon arise during the month of Ramadan? You know, lets do his “chart”!

Surely some of you dissecting this man’s every move in life over the years, at least know his Zodiac signs? Maybe that can complete the picture to the post mortem. :doh:

I have no clue as to what sign is for what month, but docvic was born Dec. 31, 1916.

If you want to do a chart -- there's your starting point. :)

:dance:

It'd be nice to think that all the scores in life will be settled in some ethereal courtroom, but I'm afraid such notions don't have much to back them up, YMMV...

Actually George these help me to stay even keeled so to speak.

II Thessalonians I:6:

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you.

Romans 2:6:

Who (God) will render to every man according to his deeds.

And they give me enough "back up".

I have no clue as to what sign is for what month, but docvic was born Dec. 31, 1916.

If you want to do a chart -- there's your starting point. :)

:dance:

Well he shares the same birthday (though different years) with Simon Wiesenthal (oh the irony), Anthony Hopkins ("Hannibal!"),

Ben Kingsley (the "Ghandi" he wanted to be) and Tim Matheson (the "writer" he never was).

But we'll still need his time of birth and place of birth for that star chart.

I've brought this information forward before......BUT since there are some new folks around, I'll review some of it. According to Mrs. Wierwille, the up-front EYE-WITNESS of vpw's life and ministry, reveals lots of information in her book Born Again to Serve that was published in 1996. According to Mrs. Wierwille, vpw was growing weary of his ministry work and was strongly thinking about quitting....and looking for secular employment. He was frustrated and going nowhere.

THEN......knowing a year earlier (??) that Rev. BG Leonard had specifically prayed for their daughter and she was healed AND that Leonard was running his Receiving the Holy Spirit classes in Calgary, Alberta, Canada...wierwille phoned BG and flew up there for this February 1953 class. Leonard's ministry and class material THRILLED vpw [Mrs. W's book documents it in her words....thrilled] and vpw takes Mrs. and Don and two carloads of his following to the next class, in June/July of 1953.

Wierwille is a grad of this June/July class and is NOT in the class photo. After this class ends, wierwille heads home and starts signing up relatives, friends and neighbors for "his" October class. With no class syllabi, no charts, no handouts.....wierwille teaches Leonard's class material. Those who attended the Calgary class are considered grads and do not have to pay any registration fee. Seems like Leonard's class format, class photo, registration policies, etc.......were wierwille's new policies, as well.

Add to this.....The Way was incorporated that SAME year, 1953.

Is Mrs. Wierwille's account.....a published work by The Way International......a doozie, as well???

:biglaugh:

:asdf: I've heard some doozies but this one takes the top prize.

Well?

Or......was Mrs. Wierwille's eye-witness account altered too...???

The DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder are:

A. A pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, lack of empathy, as indicated by at least five of:

1. a grandiose sense of self-importance

2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

3. believes that he or she is "special" and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

4. requires excessive admiration

5. has a sense of entitlement, ie unreasonable expectations of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

6. is interpersonally exploitative, ie takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

7. lacks empathy and is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes

Larry, good for you. Think its a doozie all you want.

White Dove, I agree. I never thought he was a prophet, apostle, or "The Man of God" as his heavy silver Id bracelet that he wore all the time was inscribed. I think he thought he was though.

Edited by Sunesis

I never thought he was a prophet, apostle, or "The Man of God" as his heavy silver Id bracelet that he wore all the time was inscribed. I think he thought he was though.

You are joking right?

Thanks Sunesis,

It's amazing to put the pieces of the puzzle together.....seeing how wierwille crafted his persona, his grandeur chest-pounding of self-importance. Yet, the deceptions and lies speak of a dark side.

One thing that always intrigued me, at the end of wierwille's life was his "running off to Cgeer." Your following perspective is much the same as I've concluded.

Then, in true sociopathic form, near the end, he runs off to CG and complains and bitches about everyone and everything in the ministry. Nothing was his fault - oh no... Gee, everyone had let him down, poor me. He was angry. What does he do in his last hours?

Why run off to Cgeer? Makes no sense to me.......unless I view it as a man who CONTROLLED aspects around him for decades and, in the end, only about to CONTROL THE PERCEPTION OF HIS LEGACY [to keep it from crumbling before his eye(s)]. Apparently, the trustees were ignoring him....or so we were told.

From wierwille's perspective, I guess it was a last-ditch effort to preserve HIS DECEPTION......er, I mean his legacy. He was dying of cancer.....and having taught for years in his adv classes that cancer was A DEVIL SPIRIT.......now what? How does he mask this? What are "his" people to think....if the MOG dies from a devil spirit, from spirit infiltration?????

Sure makes me wonder what he and cgeer REALLY talked about? what they SCHEMED together?

And, Geer writes in POP that wierwille died of a broken heart, a BROKEN HEART?????? C'mon geer....we are no longer 20-year old kids. When I heard Geer's pompous, grandiose expose of how long he worked, how hard he struggled, how he tried to help vpw, how the trustees had "forsaken the word".......I THOUGHT THEN, LIKE I THINK NOW.....WHAT A BUNCH OF HORSE PUCKIE...!!!!!

Of course, Geer wanted to "preserve the legacy of wierwille"........of course, Geer wanted to rewrite wierwille's mogship in a positive light........of course, Geer was geared to usurp the trustees' authority and funnel the money into Gartmore's accounts.

Fool me once, shame on you...........Fool me twice, shame on me.

Sorry, if this is :offtopic:

:asdf:

Edited by skyrider

I'm going to go with him being a false prophet. Jesus gave a very explicit description and criteria to help us spot false prophets:

Matthew 7:15-23 NASB

15"Beware of the (L)false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are (M)ravenous wolves.

16"You will (N)know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

17"So (O)every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.

18"A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit.

19"(P)Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

20"So then, you will know them (Q)by their fruits.

21"(R)Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

22"(S)Many will say to Me on (T)that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; (U)DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

According to Deuteronomy 13 and 18, false prophets lead people AWAY from God and their words do not come to pass. In describing a false prophet as a ravenous wolf in sheep's clothing, we are clued in to their nature – a very greedy predator intent on exploiting Christians through deceptive means. And it's possible the sheep's clothing is an allusion to the woolen attire that real shepherds wear! They're not sneaking in to the fold to take the sheep out one by one – but leading the whole flock astray!

Jesus said the telltale sign is to look at their fruit. Some people misunderstand this passage – thinking He meant watch out for some bad fruit mixed in with the good fruit. But Jesus said we'll know what kind of tree it is BY the fruit. Apples come from an apple tree, oranges from an orange tree, etc.

What is the fruit? Going on the verses following it seems the fruit may be the consequences of actions [verses 21-23]. I think of someone who has built a business and you could say of them – I see the fruit of their labor – the consequences of their actions. The whole point of a wolf's actions is to feed their voracious appetite!

Where some people may get confused when having mixed emotions about TWI – is they fail to separate the bait from the trap. A hunter will use real food to lure his prey. TWI quotes Scripture out the whazoo and go through the motions of being Christian. An unsuspecting Christian is lured by the sweet taste of Scripture or the sweet fellowship – but everything comes with strings attached…the mechanisms of entanglement. A TWI follower absorbs a knowledge of the Bible that has not only skewed strands of interpretation woven into it but mental machinery designed to keep them trapped: "Remember who taught you the Word…Where else are you going to go?...Who else has this much rightly divided Word?...You're a member of the household now...You walk out on God's Word and you're outside of God's protection." …And so the trap is sprung – so that self-serving TWI can suck the time, energy, emotion, resources, finances…the very life out of its prey.

Edited by T-Bone

Sky, If I may intercept here.

Running off to Geer made perfect sense. After VP relenquished the "presidency" (ok think about that term for a few minutes, and get your brain fried once again) his influence was minimalized. He didn't see that coming. He handed over the reigns to someone else, and all the yes men flocked to the new mog, wanting to insure their position in the "ministry."

Of course, those who couldn't stand the new mog, had issues too. Gag, I can't think about this subject too much longer, sorry.

snip

After VP relenquished the "presidency" (ok think about that term for a few minutes, and get your brain fried once again) his influence was minimalized. He didn't see that coming.

snip

Gosh, golly, gee!

You would have thought a "prophet" would have had the inside scoop. :wink2:

Sky, If I may intercept here.

Running off to Geer made perfect sense. After VP relenquished the "presidency" (ok think about that term for a few minutes, and get your brain fried once again) his influence was minimalized. He didn't see that coming. He handed over the reigns to someone else, and all the yes men flocked to the new mog, wanting to insure their position in the "ministry."

Of course, those who couldn't stand the new mog, had issues too. Gag, I can't think about this subject too much longer, sorry.

So, ex10.....you're saying that wierwille was like blind-sided by his own doing?

Here, he'd built a pyramid structure where the (cult) followers give full allegiance to the MOG....and since, wierwille had now passed the mantle to martindale, wierwille was out to pasture. So, he goes off sulking?

And, later........the MOGdom divides into two camps (Martindale & Geer).

And, years later.......the MOGdom divides again and again and the little moglets keep their allegiance to the little-pond mogs. And, 22 years after wierwille's death............the MOG DOCTRINE lives on.

<_<

Hi Eyes. No, sadly, I'm not joking. I was at HQ the beginning of my last year in residence. It was early fall and I was assigned the task for work of sweeping the patio area in front of VP's house. I had noticed since my first year in residence he always wore this large silver ID bracelet. You could see there was an inscription, but I never got close enough to read it. But I was always curious as to what it said.

He was talking to someone, so I swept over to him, he was just a few feet away, read the inscription and continued on. He was intent on the man he was talking to and basically took no notice of me. That's what it said, "The Man of God." He wore it alot.

Skyrider, ain't it the truth, how many offshoots are there now?

Ex10 - I never thought of it that way. Once the presidency was handed over to LCM, VP was kind of left on the back burner. I imagine that did not sit well with him. I can see why he'd go to CG - he was the one he felt would commiserate with him. VP and CG were truly birds of a feather.

Edited by Sunesis

So, ex10.....you're saying that wierwille was like blind-sided by his own doing?

Here, he'd built a pyramid structure where the (cult) followers give full allegiance to the MOG....and since, wierwille had now passed the mantle to martindale, wierwille was out to pasture. So, he goes off sulking?

And, later........the MOGdom divides into two camps (Martindale & Geer).

And, years later.......the MOGdom divides again and again and the little moglets keep their allegiance to the little-pond mogs. And, 22 years after wierwille's death............the MOG DOCTRINE lives on.

<_<

Yes.

Skyrider, ain't it the truth, how many offshoots are there now?

Sunesis.........gee, it probably would have to be divided into THREE GROUPINGS:

1) Tier One Twi-Offshoots.......Geer Group, STI, CFF, D. Sides, Finneg@n, Ruud, Seed, Sann, and a few others

2) Tier Two...........................Belize group, P@nnarello, other big names, geer franchises?, others moving up

3) Tier Three........................small independent fellowships, vpw-defender holdouts, etc.

How many????? Geeze, who knows, or cares? :wink2:

Kinda like photocopying a "grainy image to start".........then, copy it....and copy it.....and copy it.....and copy it ....and copy it........and sell it....and sell it.......and sell it.....and sell it.

All in the name of "preserving the word." :rolleyes:

Gosh, as much as I hate to revisit this subject, (it gives me a headache) somebody might benefit from out collective out-loud ponderings.

VP expressed remorse after naming Craighead as president. Why??? I don't think the sole reason was because Craig was a total dip. It also had to do with the fact that VP was considered "retired," and put on the back burner as Sunesis said.

Did Craig spend much time with VP after the mantel was passed on? NO. Did he got to VP asking his advice and counsel? NO. Craig got all overwhelmed and went off dancing, and left the leadership, guidance, etc. of the "ministry" to ???

VP saw everthing falling apart and watched helplessly on the sidelines. His health was failing, he could no longer carry the way, inc on the strength of his personality and he knew it. He ran to Geer, because he was the one who still "stayed faithful." He was VP's companion and comrade in crime even after the passing of the "skunk pelt" as we used to say on Waydale. Geer was the only one he felt he could trust.

Just my 20/20 hindsight kicking in here. :B)

Gosh, as much as I hate to revisit this subject, (it gives me a headache) somebody might benefit from out collective out-loud ponderings.

VP expressed remorse after naming Craighead as president. Why??? I don't think the sole reason was because Craig was a total dip. It also had to do with the fact that VP was considered "retired," and put on the back burner as Sunesis said.

Did Craig spend much time with VP after the mantel was passed on? NO. Did he got to VP asking his advice and counsel? NO. Craig got all overwhelmed and went off dancing, and left the leadership, guidance, etc. of the "ministry" to ???

VP saw everthing falling apart and watched helplessly on the sidelines. His health was failing, he could no longer carry the way, inc on the strength of his personality and he knew it. He ran to Geer, because he was the one who still "stayed faithful." He was VP's companion and comrade in crime even after the passing of the "skunk pelt" as we used to say on Waydale. Geer was the only one he felt he could trust.

Just my 20/20 hindsight kicking in here. :B)

ex10.....yes, it gives me a dull headache as well.

Sure, wierwille can point the finger at craig and say, he didn't come around seeking vpw's advice. But then...... Living Victoriously and the 40th Anniversary and the MOTORCYCLE GIFT from believers was a thank you / kick-back and enjoy some leisure time gift....wasn't it?

Wierwille starts having more eye problems......Wierwille wrecks the motorcycle in Canada. Under secrecy, the motorcycle is hauled back to hq and repaired in the most hush/hush environment.

Time passes....and wierwille and his passion of motorcycle riding is collaberated on doing a TWO THOUSAND MILE trip (???) to Montana/Canada and seeing some believers along the way. What was martindale supposed to do? Phone him and keep him updated on things? Just goes to show how wierwille HATED to relinquish control of "his ministry." Now, he was no longer in the spotlight...........

So he sulks and heads to see Geer.........??

Of course, he has to "spiritualize it" and say that "the trustees had forsaken the Word"........when all along, the corporate entity was simply doing business as usual.

:spy:

Some very enlightening posts in this thread....especially for the newcomers here who perhaps, have not heard these things before.

Rev JD told me the same things about Veepee's trip out west...his strong interest in sex orgies, and his preoccupation with pornography.

Wierwille was a phoney in every regard. Self absorbed, sociopathic, uncaring of the damage that he inflicted on people for his own gain...and when the skunk pelt was passed on to king okie, Wierwille faded into oblivion...the irony of course, was that Martindale had spent years smooching Vic's arse to get into that position and as soon as he wrapped the skunk pelt around his neck, he turned on Wierwille like a wild dog who thins out the pack by killing the old weaker dog.

I am not sure that Wierwille was even a Christian...afterall, during Vic's "classes", Jesus was always the absent one.