GreaseSpot Cafe

If You Could Pick the President of TWI From Greasespot...

Eagle

If it was made possible to take over TWI as president after RR, who in Greasespot would be your choice. I did this post before and the responses were mostly to become president so they could tear it down. This time you have to make a go of it and bring it back to life.

What would you do to bring it back to life and who would you pick to do it?

I'd be interested to see this.

I'm not sure there is anyone I dislike enough to wish that upon :D

Sorry, Eagle, I know you are asking a serious question, but the entire structure would have to be torn down. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and the structure of TWI is one of absolute power.

I see your point Abi.

But I can still dream...

I think I'd nominate Rainbowsgirl. She has said on more than one thread that she made the hard (but RIGHT) decision to not go in the Corps because she put her son first.

So... she was never Corps - GOOD quality for a new TWI leader.

She put a person over a position - even better quality!

Now the question is, if nominated would she run? And if she won, could I be ordained as chef? :biglaugh:

I don't know, but there was a group called the Dead Kennedys. They had a song called 'Too drunk to f***'. I think I'd pick the Grateful Dead over them.

As for the question posed on this thread, I'd nominate Rascal; she'd clean that place up. Wouldn't even recognize 'em.

It was a pretty good ministry at one time, but since we saw a lot of adulterous activity going on, despite all that, the living would have been the sincere followers trying to actually do something for God.

Yes, the infrastructure and most of its legalistic mindset people would have to be let go. Letters sent to all still in TWI that the doctrine, all doctrine, would be looked over again, no more mark and avoid and an apology, anyone with friends buried there have free access to the gravesites 24/7, forced tithing done away with and so on, just free will giving.

Turn Way Corps into a more serving organization, not a self serving one. Reinstate WOW, and so on.

Who would be the best to do this?

dmiller, you did have a very good point. The only life IMHO were those taken in that seriously wanted to do something for God. And the others that had the same opinion also had a very good point.

Raf, WordWolf, Roy and JBarrax, although I haven't seen him around in a long time.

A good combination of sound business sense, doctrinal errors and providing the love and support that people actually came to TWI looking for.

Anyone on staff and at HQ should have to go out into the "real world" and quit depending on TWI for their livelihood.

I don't know, but there was a group called the Dead Kennedys. They had a song called 'Too drunk to f***'. I think I'd pick the Grateful Dead over them.

As for the question posed on this thread, I'd nominate Rascal; she'd clean that place up. Wouldn't even recognize 'em.

Thanks johniam - I never heard the music of the Dead Kennedys... I was more going for a pun - as I"m sure you could figure out.

I think once a person is mixing their worship with a paycheck you have problems.

I heard of a ministry lately, that has no (or very little) full time staff. Everyone has a full time job and they do what they do when they can. I believe it is called "The Prayer Rooms." I really don't have more information, except that they have a place in Kansas that has kept prayer going 24 hours a day since 1995 - in this particular location. I know very little about this group, my friend sent her son to camp there this summer.

Well now...thinking about what ya'll have said about rebuilding the infrastructure and it being such a big job. I think that it would work better if they did that work with a board of people, with a Pres at the top that did not have ultimate power.

On the board:

For a basis in strong Bible:

Word Wolf

Ex10

Sunesis

Catcup

Raf

T-Bone

Abi

For abundant compassion and lookin' out for the little people:

Exie

Words & Works

Dot Matrix

Tonto

For strength of character and initiative:

Rascal

Suda

White Dove

Jonny Lingo

Year 2021

For keepin' everyone fat and happy (and for voices of reason and neutrality):

Rev. Doojable

Cool Chef

Java Jane

Nottawayfer

Belle

And to run the whole thing as Pres. who else has the experience to work with all these strong personalities better than Paw? Like Dooj and Belle said...we gotta clean out the old stuff then put in new and rework everything.

Of course all of us here can be in the research department or do whatever we darn well please.

That's my .02 cents! Now I'm off to see if the kitchen is open.

Edited by Eyesopen

I'm shocked. Nobody nominated me for staff who give stability and support..

at leasst I could do grounds. There would be lotsa walnut trees..

:biglaugh:

Well...we do need somebody at HQ who is in charge of hiding the nuts.

And you are perfect for the job! ;)

Thanks, I Think..

we'd have to rewrite thessalonians. I'll have the new research team work on it. Has to be in the original somewhere..

"and the squirrel shall descend from heaven(?) with a high squeaky voice.. rise you nuts, rise from your slumber.. walnuts and pecans, peanuts and brazils.. and all manner of "fruits" of der vey.. watch, pray, and make the plantings of walnuts straight, lest the lord of squirrel, when he come, smite thee.."

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

For abundant compassion and lookin' out for the little people:

Exie

Words & Works

Dot Matrix

Tonto

Thanks Eyes for the nomination! I'm honored to be in the same list with these great women.

I don't know if I could nominate anyone here for Prez. I'd feel like I was nominating someone to be captain of the Titanic.

Thanks, I Think..

we'd have to rewrite thessalonians. I'll have the new research team work on it. Has to be in the original somewhere..

"and the squirrel shall descend from heaven(?) with a high squeaky voice.. rise you nuts, rise from your slumber.. walnuts and pecans, peanuts and brazils.. and all manner of "fruits" of der vey.. watch, pray, and make the plantings of walnuts straight, lest the lord of squirrel, when he come, smite thee.."

If they passed the mantle to the Squirrel, they'd get to make it smaller and use the extra cloth for something.

Hiding the nuts could be a good thing - but if you hide them in my pantry they WILL show up in a meal. ;) (Of course that would mean I'd need a whole staff in charge of biscuits and gravy just to keep Eyes happy.)

When the Lord Squirrels descends from heaven with a shout, will he be holding a fruitcake in his other hand? Fruits and Nuts seems about right to describe any future of TWI... :biglaugh:

Maybe they'll need to do a purge first....

Thanks Eyes for the nomination! I'm honored to be in the same list with these great women.

I don't know if I could nominate anyone here for Prez. I'd feel like I was nominating someone to be captain of the Titanic.

You are most welcome, I'm just glad that you saw it as a compliment and didnt come after me with a harpoon!

You know at least the captain of the Titanic asked them to delay the launch at least until the ship was completely outfitted. <_<

If they passed the mantle to the Squirrel, they'd get to make it smaller and use the extra cloth for something.

Hiding the nuts could be a good thing - but if you hide them in my pantry they WILL show up in a meal. ;) (Of course that would mean I'd need a whole staff in charge of biscuits and gravy just to keep Eyes happy.)

When the Lord Squirrels descends from heaven with a shout, will he be holding a fruitcake in his other hand? Fruits and Nuts seems about right to describe any future of TWI... :biglaugh:

Maybe they'll need to do a purge first....

Ok first we lock up the nuts!

Then we pass the mantle to his holy nut case the squirrel.

Then we appoint about 20 people just to make bisquits and gravy (nuts are optional)

Then we rewrite a litteral according to misusage of Thessalonians.

Now what have I missed?

BTW-Rev. Dooj...I like my fruitcake soaked in Rum.

Edited by Eyesopen

I'd go for rainbowgirl, too, if she'd do it. Dooj in the kitchen would be very nice. Other top positions, or the presidency, TBone and/or Wrds. I'm serious. I might even come back! And I'd be calling Sushi and Abi and tell them we're getting the band back together. And bulwinkl... we'd have to find something for him to do.

On second thought, let's just stay here and let them have the farm. What's for dinner, dooj? I'll help out.

th_36fc74ca.jpg

Edited by anotherDan

You are most welcome, I'm just glad that you saw it as a compliment and didnt come after me with a harpoon!

You know at least the captain of the Titanic asked them to delay the launch at least until the ship was completely outfitted. <_<

Ok first we lock up the nuts!

Then we pass the mantle to his holy nut case the squirrel.

Then we appoint about 20 people just to make bisquits and gravy (nuts are optional)

Then we rewrite a litteral according to misusage of Thessalonians.

Now what have I missed?

BTW-Rev. Dooj...I like my fruitcake soaked in Rum.

I won't use the title.;)

I like bourbon - but if you insist, then I suggest you start patrolling the waters for some pirates carrying rum.

Hey. Didn't your grandmother have the captain of the Titanic over for dinner... :evildenk: ;)

Edited by doojable