GreaseSpot Cafe

So many newbies, so many still blinded by vp...

tonto

Do you keep on knocking?

sometimes.. I've learned to be happy with what I can get..

Personally.. I'm looking for the level of intimacy that most people are not willing to go to..

no, I don't want to sleep with them.. or their neighbors, or cousins..

:biglaugh:

sometimes.. all I can do is get a laugh..

:)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes.. I've learned to be happy with what I can get..

Yeah, but you can always move on and knock on the neighbor's door.

Personally.. I'm looking for the level of intimacy that most people are not willing to go to..
That's interesting. Some people will allow you to get close to you and others won't. Would you still try to get intimate with those who of the latter? Before you answer that question -- think of it in terms of sexual intimacy.
sometimes.. all I can do is get a laugh..

Yes, I suppose, it's healthy not to take this stuff too seriously.

I don't buy it

The whole knocking - ignored, poor me etc. thing....

He said he was into psychology didn’t he?

You are being played

If he gets thrown off the boards this quickly I guess he will not get the “plant” paycheck

Like Sirguessalot said, it is like peeing on the bar at Cheers and claiming ignorance

Do what you want, think what you will of me, I do not buy it

Edited by Dot Matrix

That's interesting. Some people will allow you to get close to you and others won't. Would you still try to get intimate with those who of the latter? Before you answer that question -- think of it in terms of sexual intimacy.

I've only been able to have this kind of intimacy with perhaps two people in my lifetime.. and from what I've seen, I'm "lucky" to have had that much.

sex doesn't even come close..

It's like.. irrelevant..

Usually.. my impression.. people think "what the hell do you want.."

communion. I have a few more theories..

Some people think we were originally one entity.. somehow now we're fragmented..

only thing I'll say.. any soul I have met has brought just a little more wholeness to my life..

Would you still try to get intimate with those who of the latter? Before you answer that question -- think of it in terms of sexual intimacy.

Larry

If you will just take a deep breath and pause for a moment, you will see that Hamm already stated right there in the post you quoted that he was not stating it in a context of sexual intimacy.

Those were not his exact words but the gist of his post makes that clear.

I've only been able to have this kind of intimacy with perhaps two people in my lifetime.. and from what I've seen, I'm "lucky" to have had that much.

sex doesn't even come close..

It's like.. irrelevant..

Usually.. my impression.. people think "what the hell do you want.."

communion. I have a few more theories..

Some people think we were originally one entity.. somehow now we're fragmented..

only thing I'll say.. any soul I have met has brought just a little more wholeness to my life..

Mr. Hammer I think you missed my point. At the risk of raising the hair of some people (and perhaps opening some wounds) what I meant by thinking of it in terms of sexual intimacy was -- If you want to get sexually intimate with someone and they don't want to and you still make advances on them that's harassment leading possibly to rape. It's just an analogy. That's all.

Mr. Hammer I think you missed my point. At the risk of raising the hair of some people (and perhaps opening some wounds) what I meant by thinking of it in terms of sexual intimacy was -- If you want to get sexually intimate with someone and they don't want to and you still make advances on them that's harassment leading possibly to rape. It's just an analogy. That's all.

true. So.. I take what I can get .. or give.. I guess. some people.. all I can do is make them laugh..

so what.

can't demand of anybody that which they do not want to give..

I've told some people.. you don't owe me a damn thing..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

You know....

TWI was a cult. Through the years, in one way or another, believers were pitted against each other in a competition that had nothing to do with a spiritual competition.

Who was believing more?

Who ran more classes?

Who got ordained?

Who got the better assignments?

Who sold out their brother because they suspected he was gay, or not abundantly sharing?

The list is endless and nauseating...

It is any wonder that that competition has bled onto the forums?

The infighting, the backbiting, all of it. When is enough enough?

Stop it! Grow up!

This is getting sickening...

true. So.. I take what I can get .. or give.. I guess. some people.. all I can do is make them laugh..

so what.

can't demand of anybody that which they do not want to give..

I've told some people.. you don't owe me a damn thing..

Well, actually I think you can only take what is GIVEN to you. To take what is not freely given is . . . . Well, you know what it is.

Thanks Hammer. It's been an interesting discussion with you.

Well, actually I think you can only take what is GIVEN to you. To take what is not freely given is . . . . Well, you know what it is.

Yep. You know.. that is love. If you can't let go.. if a person has to demand.. it really isn't love.

Sometimes.. you have to let go.. even if you weren't the one who took the other one's hand..

asked, or required it. kinda fits that description..

internet forums.. it's a little different.

We wear our little masks.. the wise sage, the lady of the south.. the dumb a** squirrel.. :biglaugh:

but it does allow a level of intimacy that can't be duplicated in the real world..

I wear my character here well, I think..

asked, or required it. kinda fits that description..

internet forums.. it's a little different.

We wear our little masks.. the wise sage, the lady of the south.. the dumb a** squirrel.. :biglaugh:

but it does allow a level of intimacy that can't be duplicated in the real world..

I wear my character here well, I think..

You're cool in my book. Sometimes you just have to do a little more searching through the trees to find the juicy nuts. ;)

You know....

TWI was a cult. Through the years, in one way or another, believers were pitted against each other in a competition that had nothing to do with a spiritual competition.

Who was believing more?

Who ran more classes?

Who got ordained?

Who got the better assignments?

Who sold out their brother because they suspected he was gay, or not abundantly sharing?

The list is endless and nauseating...

It is any wonder that that competition has bled onto the forums?

The infighting, the backbiting, all of it. When is enough enough?

Stop it! Grow up!

This is getting sickening...