GreaseSpot Cafe

So many newbies, so many still blinded by vp...

tonto

Why do you think there's going to be "explosions"?

I think all of us got some great stuff out of TWI when we were in.

You told us how it was for you - and that's great.

We have been talking about Attitude - nasty attitudes at that.

Outthere is discussing, and so is Another Dan, and everyone else here.

Its nice, its great - which is the way it should be. :)

Its much better than meanspirited debate.

We were discussing attitude - not dissing people because they have differences of opinion.

I see no reason why there should be any type of "explosions."

Edited by Sunesis

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been talking about Attitude - nasty attitudes at that.

Sunesis, the way I saw it, Out There was making a simple statement independant of the Larry thing. I don't see even an inference much less a reference to the Larry issue in there. Sometimes there are multiple conversations going on in the same thread. Out There didn't voice an opinion on what "We've been talking about." It could be considered a new conversation, or an attempt at one. He made a mildly humorous inference to the "minefield" comment that Wrds made, and another picked up on.... "it should be on a banner above the entrance to this place." It's a fairly common theme in other threads.... "triggers" and such.

If you're not done with the "nasty attitudes" thread of the thread, then say on, sister. Some may be ready to move on, and some may not have been interested in the first place. I'm just sayin'

Let the rivers flow together for a minute. Maybe OT is addressing the original intent of the thread... i.e. those are "still blinded by VP." I'm sure you've seen this before. A thread gets sidetracked, and someone brings it back in deference to the original poster.

Out There is no newbie, but his point of view, especially when voiced by a newbie, gets flack, no?

Edited by anotherDan

Dan, he talked about how many "mines he had tripped" and explosions.

You are talking about sandbags and gas masks.

I don't get your point at all. I think you're reading something into my post that's not there at all.

I simply said it is good we are discussing and NOT debating and that's a good thing.

Carry on, get behind your sandbag and don your gasmask if you think someone's going to let you have it.

Edited by Sunesis

Captains Log - Stardate: 9.17.07.59.003....our ship!!!...the Spot....rife with...mines! Mines...everywhere....Spock! What do you make of it!?

Spock: Information is incomplete Captain, but it appears that you are correct. There are mines, and they are scattered approximately every 2 meters, although in irregular patterns. I'll have to analyze the scans to see if we can -

Captain: Analyze then, man! Don't talk, analyze!! I need information. Scotty! Report! Are they in the Engine Room too....???

Scotty: Aye Captain! and I don'no where in the heck they came from neither! I've got men searching now but it's going to take time!! I have to divert the Power Grid, and take all systems offline for at least ---

Captain: Time? I have no time man!!! Do it!! These mines....insidious....mocking me....mocking my...ship!!! Look out there Sulu!!! LOOK OUT ------!!!!!!

Bones: Jim........looks like that new First Mate went down with that one....too bad, it was his first assignment.....now....nothing we can do...nothing but...

Captain: NNOOOOO! I'll never give up my ship like this! Never!! We have to do something!!!

Bones: Jim, I'm just an old country doctor! I can't locate these things! The copper casings prevent them from...

Captain: That's it!!! Bones, you old saw you! Copper! Of course!!!! Of COURSE! Spock, take this down....

to be continued.....or will it be....????

I had more in mind the "list" of people I respect and look up to, Excie you're right up there on my "list" too. (Sorry should've put quotes around it the first time.)

(It's like walking in a mine field around here.)

i'm sorry. i was nasty. i skimmed over some of the list stuff and saw "elders" and took it the wrong way. i shouldn't have posted. and i wasn't really directing my nastiness to anyone in particular, which still doesn't make it right, of course.

i'm sorry. i was nasty. i skimmed over some of the list stuff and saw "elders" and took it the wrong way. i shouldn't have posted. and i wasn't really directing my nastiness to anyone in particular, which still doesn't make it right, of course.

Which is why I look up to you, you're still the coolest girl in the 9C.

I think you're reading something into my post that's not there at all.

I simply said it is good we are discussing and NOT debating and that's a good thing.

Sorry, Sunesis, i should have acknowledged that you did make a good point.
I don't get your point at all.

My point (I sumtimes dont rite to good) was that I was ready to move on to something other than Larry's attitude, though it's fine with me if others want to continue. It's a valid angle on the original post. An outstanding example, I would say. I was suggesting that OT's post may have been another angle from which we could discuss the original post. (i.e. triggers, mines) Don't know if that's what he intended, and I don't know if I should have posted the way I did!

I'm all for discussion rather than debate. I agree "that's a good thing." And you included me as one who was discussing, not debating, right? So we are on the same page, there. Socks, can you help us out again?

I simply haven't got the powerrrr, Captain! All I've gawt is an empty hole!

Edited by anotherDan

Now that explains alot :jump:

Hmmmmmm - read what is written... line by line and word by word...

I don't want to give the impression that I am an adversarial wench waiting to cast my disapproval on everyone that crosses me. (LOL I can't even type that last sentence without giggling and seeing the complete absurdity of the statement.)

Ducky - don't make me tell you to quack off.;)

Edited by doojable

Ya know, consider me a cynic, but my assumption when posting here is, that we are all adults and can speak for our own selves. This analysis of what everybody is saying just makes me nuts.

It ain't that hard for literate Americans, (the most well-educated populace in the world) to read and evaluate what someone says.

As a literate American, I resent the continual "translations" that some feel compelled to explicate.

Ya know, consider me a cynic, but my assumption when posting here is, that we are all adults and can speak for our own selves. This analysis of what everybody is saying just makes me nuts.

It ain't that hard for literate Americans, (the most well-educated populace in the world) to read and evaluate what someone says.

As a literate American, I resent the continual "translations" that some feel compelled to explicate.

What's she's really trying to say here is...

...never mind. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: